Which items are worth it and which are not?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rospito, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Rospito

Rospito New Member

A lot of items Are filling up my inventory space, and my guess is that many of them aren't worth picking up. Some advice is in order.

Are blood essences still worth farming/hoarding/selling like they were back in the day? I did a quick tour around hefei and didn't see a single one on sale...

Other than that, is killing map bosses worth it?

Oh, and enhancement stones. Yes or no?

I sometimes get a random drop of "jade". Yes or no?

Pieces of bloody orb?

I may update this list...

2. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

I get your frustration. Had this problem aswell when I started and was too afraid to trash the items since I didn't know if they where any useful.
    Enhancement stones are trash,
    Jades are trash.
    Pieces of Bloody Orbs can be used as part of the crafting process for Loulan Clan decos. But you would have to farm a lot of those, I think you're better of buying the complete Bloody Orb / BO Ex later in hefei or farming them after winning in BvW war in 5th floor of CoC. Though those decos are mostly put in costume gallery and used for their pleasing visuals rathern than their stats.

In general, the relevant drops start in KL, Loulan Dungeon, icy red run, potala red run, and maybe srs red run (for wep ornaments).
    Else dungeon plate shards could be of interest, they drop in all dungeons. Also people seem to farm in CoC but I don't know what they farm there exactly outside of the event.

At the moment a lot of people seem to be farming 4th coins in GCM (when it is not bugged)

3. dragonxain

dragonxain New Member

CoC is used for farming weapons on x2/x3 when there are no events going. Its how people farm gold I guess

MinnesotaSlays likes this.
  4. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Lol before TSD came along and new gear was out - people needed BE for refine(fragments of conqueror) ( it cost 70 kk stack at some point nearly 2 years ago) also people need Flowstones and golden threats for making cons 30 ornaments.
    Also CoC drops weapons as you said. It also drops srs normal passes (red CCD) which sell for quite a bit at npc or hefei (though srs red aint so popular anymore) Those 2 years ago CCD RED was the place where i could make 27 b worth of items in just one 3x weekend xD Now. not so much as people dont need be so much, dont need flowstones and gt's as most of the gear is complete and dont need red srs passes as there are better options out there to lvl

5. Rospito

Rospito New Member

thanks for all the helpful replies. I'm especially happy of getting rid of all the enhancement stones.

So just to be clear: BEs ain't that valuable now...? So hunting bosses (at least at lower levels) isn't much worth it? (Maybe once every boss, as they drop am item that's worth some exp).

6. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

The only relevant bosses are KL bosses. They drop KL relics and other important items. Maybe also Tibet bosses for BD dungeon entry. You can ignore the rest.

7. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member

I dont know in which server you are, but on Yin BE is selling for approx 50mil stack and there seem to be quite high demand for it atm.
    So hunting bosses to farm BE is a good way for lower lvl to make some gold.

BirdbrainX likes this.
  8. Rospito

Rospito New Member

Huh. I'm in the non pvp server, by the way. I guess I'll take some more mooks the nect few days.

9. ElfSlayer9

ElfSlayer9 Member

"Enhancement stones are trash" - Unless you want to up the stats on your weapon at the Master Blacksmith in Hefei.
    Map bosses can be worth killing once each because their drops include items that you can turn in to one of the NPCs in Hefei for xp (Hefei Storyteller will have a quest marker and you will get a notice of the quest after you kill boss).
    BE I mostly use to refine trash weapons (especially those non-orange weps dropped in dungeons) for disassembly to collect Red Stone/Red Stone (Ex) for creating items like weapon orns.
    Jades are only useful if you are trying to craft clothes from dungeon drops on the various maps.
    Pieces of Bloody Orb are pretty useless unless you are trying make Bloody Orbs for making stuff.

For the most part, Red Fox has coded a lot of useless and/or obsolete crap into the game, including but not limited to the huge amount of irritatingly irrelevant drops the mobs leave. It used to be that everything that dropped had a use (passes, relics, orns, ect.). With Red Fox, most of the things you see are either no longer in the game (useless) or their use is so outdated that almost nobody bothers with it any more (obsolete), especially when you get to Liaodong and beyond. The dungeon loot is very similar. The orns you can make with the loot have been obsolete for years and the EW and Life Herbs are not worth much (~2 million for a stack until you hit SRS). Dungeon loot rooms used to give out Manuals (II, III, IV) and Elixirs commensurate with the level you needed to be to complete the dungeon, which was much better.