How is critical damage calculated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoeSSJ4, May 24, 2020.

1. JoeSSJ4

JoeSSJ4 Member

I'm trying to decide whether to increase critical damage or weapon damage.

Seems to me that critical damage would also benefit from weapon damage increase. Unless critical damage is not based on weapon damage. Any thoughts?

2. Lidiaanamihai

Lidiaanamihai Active Member

Critical DMD is a multiplier of your green DMG. You can test your normal DMG on mobs by removing any source of critical rate. The yellow DMG that will show on screen is your normal DMG that you are doing on mobs and that can be influenced by internal factors like your strength, your weapon dmg, your level of refine on weapons etc. That normal DMG can be also influenced by external factors like targets defense. By adding some critical rate you will do critical DMG on mobs and that will show like a red number on your screen. Because critical DMG is a multiplier of your normal dmg is influenced by your normal DMG but is also influenced by your critical DMG options. Thus critical DMG options are very important. Let's say for instance your critical DMG is 100 with 50% increased critical DMG option, it should be around 140 with 100% and so on. This is why it is very important to stack Crit DMG as much as you can. It is true that your Crit DMG is influenced by your normal DMG but I think you get more by adding Crit DMG options first. The reason for that is that mobs have def but as far as I can say they don't have Crit def so you get more from Crit DMG which will not be reduced by mobs def. In PvP critical DMG is countered by Crit def so vs a target with more Crit def than your Crit DMG you might end hitting 4 DMG.
    Bottom line, for PvE focus on getting Crit DMG as it is not reduced by mobs def. Normal DMG is. A CK using aoe on cl mobs can do 2mil DMG if he has enough Crit DMG.
    This comment is not based on anything but my own experience playing the game. I hope it helps.

ZhouWarden and JoeSSJ4 like this.
  3. JoeSSJ4

JoeSSJ4 Member

Thanks.