Weird CPU reaction to 9Dragons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SmilingManiac, Sep 5, 2020.

1. SmilingManiac

SmilingManiac New Member

DHello 9Dragons community,

I recently returned to 9D for nostalgia and noticed strange thing, that for some reason only running 9D, puts CPU at 50-60% usage (game it self uses only 30-40% of CPU) and 0% GPU resources.
    Also when I minimize 9D for some reason CPU usage goes all the way up to 70-80% which is even weirder, having in mind that when a application is minimized it should use less resources, right?
    That is info from Task Manager, and check Speccy which showed me 100°C temperature which also makes no sense knowing this isn't even AAA game and I have been playing way more demanding games than this oldster which is from way back in 2007.
    I tried some presets like NVIDIA Control Panel on all High Performance and only use GPU.
    Did a preset in Graphics Settings so all applications in 9D folder would run on High Performance(GPU) only.
    Still the same. Load 9D not even logging in and PC starts roaring with 100% CPU usage and temperature at 100°C which isn't even moving...
    By any chance anyone else have encountered this and found a solution for this?
    Oh I did noticed that when 9D is loaded for some reason Windows Explorer uses even more resources...
    If 9D stays at ~30%, WE will use 10% more which ends up at ~40%... Game uses less CPU than the Windows?
    I hope I was able to explain my problem properly :D

My PC specs
    CPU: I5-7500(stock cooler)
    GPU: GTX1060 6GB
    RAM: 16GB (2x8GB)

teokisss4 likes this.
  2. SmilingManiac

SmilingManiac New Member

Monitored a bit more WE and it seems it will go higher only when the game is minimazed.
    Oh and I'm using Dual Monitor, both 75Hz with different connectors if that changes anything...

3. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Can run game on windowed mode, lowest resolution, lowest graphic settings and forced through gpu and still need more resources than mining bitcoins lol

4. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

This game has very bad coding. My GPU stays almost at 0% and i'm using 2x 1080 ti in SLI.
    All the power consumptions goes to CPU. Anyone has tips how to force it to use GPU?

5. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

So you have no gpu useage?

gpu.png

6. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I use Lenovo Ideapad laptop, pretty average
    CPU: i7-7500U 2.7GHz 2 core
    GPU: NVidia GeForce 920M 4GB
    RAM: 8GB

7. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Because nine dragons is not large address aware so it can only use a max of 4gb anyway

8. sidealea

sidealea Member

I think the game itself only runs on 1 core, which isn't efficient in new a new CPU that has a few more cores than that