GUI scaling for higher resolutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thingsidont, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Thingsidont

Thingsidont Member

So I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I still cant find a solution.

Is it possible for the GUI to scale with higher resolutions (4k)? In light of the latest update changing font sizes for item counts maybe there's a way now? Normally i have to play on 1080x1920 for chat, inventory, skill bar, etc to be big enough to read, but have you tried 4k? The game looks so pretty! The 3D rendering comes out really nicely but all the GUI is nano sized. Its a shame we have to leave it at a more pixelated resolution.

I know this is probably a lot to ask for a game this old but don't give me these resolution options if it can't be optimized.

Any input is appreciated! Looking forward to GM comments as the game is closing in on its 5th anniversary here at RF!

2. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

There's a trick for that. I have a 4k monitor aswell. You just put 4k resolution in graphic settings and then in window view settings you put 200% zoom. Then start the game in 1920x1080 window mode. This way You'll get the pretty 4k 3d rendering with increased gui element size.

Thingsidont likes this.
  3. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

Nice negative comments...
    That's the way you shouldn't address comments.

Cheers

4. Thingsidont

Thingsidont Member

What did you mean by that?