1v1ers are the best at the game

Discussion in 'Match Planning' started by Ayato, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Pocajong

Pocajong Well-Known Member

ayyyy lmfao

2. Pocajong

Nah but for real tho the game is literally a 1v1 if you strip everything out
    you put gw in then sure now your not only trying to outplay your opponent but now you have to keep in mind everyones cooldowns what can be spammed what has a good AOE what can be a stun lock what can be set up

3. Saiiyuki

Saiiyuki Well-Known Member

I've clearly been a Guild War. And yes on paper it does seem like 1v1 is a lot easier. You're only learning how to fight one player at a time. But the thing is the UNDERLYING factors clearly display 1v1ing as the harder course of action. You are not only learning the game mechanics; but you are learning how to learn to read an opponent. From adapting to reading to predicting to evolving; It's essentially a game of chess. There's so much more underneath the hood to 1v1ing its ridiculous to hear how unilateral you're making it sound.

The clearest representation I can give you is the fact that there are so many of you guild warrers that are actually decent at what you do yet there are only a handful of 1v1ers who are actually at a high enough level to stand alone in what they do.

You're addressing 1v1ing as if its a single-facet experience. It takes the competitive aspect of the game and slams it in your face to display just how good YOU are. Not how good you are with the combined help of your peers. And Idc what Ali says. AGAIN YOU ARE BASING YOUR ARGUMENTS FROM OPINIONS NOT FACTS.

4. Rigamortis

Rigamortis Well-Known Member

Support

5. Saiiyuki

Because there's so many good 1v1ers out here right?

6. Pocajong

Great examples of this are
    Street fighter/
    Smash/
    Mortal kombat series/
    tekken series/
    theres other but those are the big ones

7. Saiiyuki

And you act like I didn't see you trying to slip in some slickness. Add up when the servers are online. I'll 1v1 you on every map on this game if you want.

IGN: Saiyukii

Pocajong likes this.
  8. Saiiyuki

I said the exact same thing but he dismissed it. Apparently he doesn't think those other games have anything to do with the debate lmfao

9. Pocajong

ITS GOING DOWN BOIZ

10. Pocajong

If he uses team games then theres MOBA's since he also wanted to use the enviorntment
    Basically
    Overwatch
    CoD
    Heros of the Storm
    League
    Smite
    Starcraft 2
    LOl its endless

11. Saiiyuki

Yeah there are a lot of them. But he even said in his above post that basically 1v1 plays a huge part in teams. So Idk why he just won't accept it when he's basically agreeing with me subconsciously

12. Emiya

Emiya Well-Known Member

Deal, 40- back guards random maps. However yet again, you seem to think 1v1 is the best way to solve who's better but why not

13. Saiiyuki

[​IMG]

It's a 1v1 yet you stay reliant on handicaps like excess stats and back protection. Next thing you know you'll ask for 2nd panic usage. I'll let you use your stats and backguards though.

[​IMG]

THAT IS how you determine the better player between two people. You simply pit those two players against each other. You said YOU could beat me on any map. Why would you need 6 other people in the room to prove that?

Sapphy and Tides like this.
  14. Negrosaki

Negrosaki Well-Known Member

To become a master of 1v1.
    You must first learn the way of the MindGames.

15. Masonite

Masonite Active Member

Depends on what map the 1v1 is on and the subject. Are they the best at dropping, BUing, ect?

16. Kairu

Kairu New Member

Everyone should Practice a bit of everything.
    Though, 1v1ing can Improve your skills Greatly. Yea when you first start out you're gonna lose, a lot. But everyone has a start point. If you can 1 v 1 and win against someone with 25- Stats you pretty much can do the same against any player. You also learn the mechanics faster which gives you a huge advantage. Though playing maps Like glace/Dos can teach you Team work to an Extent, You arent Always gonna have a great team to fall back on. Building a 1 v 1 foundation can solve alot of your problems. Ha! look at it this way, "Its not 1 v 4 its 1 v 1 4 times" (yea lame IK)
    The Problem with stats
    Alot of people use stats and consider themselves pros. But i mean, if you have on shoot Boxing with 89 str and 110 crit Odds are youre gonna HP someone in probably a combo, that.... doesn't show your talent. if anything it makes you a lazy player for not wanting to go the extra Mile.
    Satisfaction
    When you Legitimately when a fight, it feels better, you can feel yourself progress. :p
    and Then you don't have to be sweatin' in a 1 v 1 after you talked **** to some god 1 v 1er cause you caught em' lackin on moon.o_O
    But remember, Always Play Respectfully.
    Play Hard, Go Pro, Respect All.:D
    (P.s: I mean Traditional Flat Surface 1 v 1ing. )

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  17. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

Bingo.

Saiiyuki likes this.
  18. bigboy123

bigboy123 New Member

not to disagree, but reading is definitely key to this game. once you figure out your opponents fighting style (and i dont mean scroll) and know how to counter that style, the fight is 99% yours no matter the stats, nor exo.

Reads come from experience
    experience fighters are the best
    experience: the key to success <-----

19. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

And 1v1ing is the best place to earn that experience.

20. Emiya

Emiya Well-Known Member

Again, if we both have 40- what's the difference? If we both have back guards what's the difference?