Streamer Program is a step in the right direction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tengu, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

[​IMG]

Keep up the good work CrimsonCoyote

HumoLoco likes this.
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  3. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

A little too late for the Publisher to try and attract new players in the game's current state.

Tengu likes this.
  4. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Honestly, at this point I have no faith in Nimonix. I feel safe assuming that even if they doubled or tripled their profits, they would dedicate all the money to making more meta bs and boxes rather than doing actual work on the inner machinations of the game. RF doesn't even have balance patches, which is INSANE for a fighting game.

HumoLoco likes this.
  5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Never too late to move in the right direction but theres definitely a ceiling on how far things can progress from our current position, cant debate that. I feel the majority of the FGC has never even heard of RF tho so I think it could still get a discovery pop if it got featured by any fighting game youtuber with 100k+ subs or if they pull 100k views on fighting game related content like MattMcMuscles or even J Wong.

Of course our toxic community filled to the brim with Low Tier God wannabes + our inability to play more than one stage/mode would likely just deter them and anyone else that'd flow in. I will -never- forget the day in 2013 when I heard someone irl call RF "One Stage Fighter".
    We do get balance patches, it's just VERY RARE that they make changes so you never see the changes listed usually tho I can concede that 50% of changes likely go totally unlisted which I can agree is unacceptable. The powercreep of the game + micro-transaction boxes are just the nature of games in the last 20 years, being upset about it as about on par with being upset with the Sun for it being hot.

6. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Cap on the balance statement. When Heartseeker first dropped, it had an airdash that was in no way op. It was just a fun little new mechanic. Then seemingly the next day, they took it away and put it on the Cancer exo. But good thing we have things like the Verm sword which really can only be beaten by running out of SP. And let's not forget the White Tiger Spear that does 9001 dmg and has enough range to where you can't even see it coming. Also I didn't get a refund for Heartseeker after they took away the only reason I bought it, which is unacceptable given the speed at which they removed the feature. Another example: Hunter's counter used to be sweet when you could launch off of it, now it's a mid-scroll. It's blatantly obvious any "balance" done is in actuality nerfs to items you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars in boxes for. Did you know there's a 20% chance that if you just change sets while in the waiting room, your client will just freeze and crash? And the error window that pops up is some seemingly encoded jibberish that doesn't even tell you the actual error that occurred. This is braindead coding. You could tell me one guy wrote the whole game and I wouldn't have the slightest inkling of a doubt about it. As I've said a million and one times since 2007: RF never left Beta Phase. I honestly can't wait til the server files leak because a nutless monkey could do better than this, and that really might be the only chance RF has at securing longevity.

7. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Heartseeker was a player created scroll and it didn't have the jumping punch on the suggestion. It was a known error. Hunter "launching" off its counter as also a known error because it was supposed to put them into grounded state (as they visually were in) but it made them count as being in standing instead and 10000% shouldve never been a thing considering its long as f and its a 180d counter instead of 90d AND is one of the highest damaging scrolls in the game. Werent you just complaining about lack of balance patches tho? You just listed two great examples of post release balancing patches. Also if youre trilingual in English, Korean and coding language(s) and more competent than a nutless monkey why dont you just fix these problems yourself? I know RF has these problems but I understand the circumstances and I'm trying to make the best of it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  8. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Visually being on the ground is a moot point, we have stun launchers. Who cares what its angle is? Its still 180 and you know what, people just grab. Being stuck in the counter animation for 3-4 seconds was balanced enough to ensure people couldnt just spam it without consequence. Heartseeker being a player-made scroll doesn't matter, they take and alter player ideas all the time, if not every time. Having that jump attack on release just showed scroll mechanics could have never-before-seen potential. Squandered. I'm a nutless monkey with Linux+, A+, Network+, and pretty soon Security+ certifications. Admittedly I don't care much for coding. I know Python but that's not very useful in this department. Now, what kinda nutless monkey are you? ‍♂️

9. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

The Zodiac Cancer ExoCore was released a little over two years before Heartseeker so this isn't true.

I'm going to try to see if we can get the air dash back on the scroll though.

10. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Can we update Volt with a new kick combo instead / as well? The scroll reminds me of how Red Leg came out very weak and needed buffing except Volt never got it's much needed buff. Having only ONE true combo in your kick combos while your scroll also only has one launcher really hurts, like it's actually unnecessarily B-/C+ tier. My suggestion(s)

KPPG
    Extra button after KPP juggle
    Similar to Inferno's KK(G+K) / that Mecha Cat Exo's >>G turnaround roll
    Very short delay
    [​IMG]
    https://tekken.fandom.com/wiki/Surge_Blast_to_Silent_Entry
    Purpose: Allows the scrolls ONLY juggle to be able to juggle two different directions or keep blocking players on their toes.

KKP
    Knockback Combo
    Has weird movement like Meriken's kick combo
    Hits hard to compensate for awkward hitboxes
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

KKP Success
    [​IMG]

https://tekken.fandom.com/wiki/Shadow_Cutter
    https://tekken.fandom.com/wiki/Inductance
    https://tekken.fandom.com/wiki/Raging_Thunder

Purpose: Gives the scroll a second true combo + a "bread and butter" combo in it's kick combos allowing it to reliably knockback with kicks.

kGPPKK
    The KPKK's 3rd + 4th buttons (the spin backwards + spinning roundhouse)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (Ignore GIF1 last 2 hits and GIF2 first 2 hits)
    Purpose: Creates movement based pressure as the Volt user slides in and out. Distinguishes Volt from being just another kG dodge into ground hit or basic combo.

All Together it would improve Volt's currently abysmal kick options while giving it flavor to stand out as not just another electric scroll.

On Paper
    PPPP
    PPKPK
    PKK
    KKP
    KPPG
    KPKK
    kGPPP
    kGPPKK
    kGK
    >>G

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    NeoStrayFox likes this.
  11. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

I never understood why they never sponsored/paid a YouTube to advertise. Like imagine if they paid CalebCity. His audience would the the perfect type that would into games like rf.

12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

If RedFox paid them it would count along the lines of official affiliation. It would be nice if someone in our community commissioned said youtubers just like all their other viewers instead of waiting for daddy redfox to do it for us.