EXP rate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ihgyug, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

Do you not have a life...outside this game? Nobody has time to spend 6months on JUST on leveling up...
    We are trying to attract new players. Not old school dinosaurs.

High Base... Less events...

fataljustice likes this.
  2. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

6 months is actually not that bad, what he wants is 10 years of hard labour in a work camp called 9dragons. I remember it took me like a week on base rates on acclame to get from OC1 to RC. Imagine HG with those rates lol. Kill 1000000 mobs for 0.000001%! Thanks but no thanks!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    fataljustice and Icynoob like this.
  3. OMGKuan

OMGKuan Member

Acclaim's XP rate was 0.5x GC's rate, skill rates were 2x of GC's rate, FYI, ofc. ^ ^

4. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

really x0.5? At the beginning in 2007?
    lvling on yang was a breeze, cards, events, you name it.
    Acclame was a week on bandits, a month on monks and the eternity in CC

5. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

I vote for higher xp rate and less events. Probably increase xp, skill and drop for a few hours at weekends as events. But no 3 days long events, please! I believe it's important to encourage people to play throughout the all week and not have a lot of people on weekends and then almost an empty server during weekdays.

6. WuTiking

WuTiking Member

That's true and also with those exp events they've managed to keep their players. For example every Wednesday,Bardo was crowded and during the exp event LD kept crushing down week after week. If you came 1h before the event, it was almost impossible to find a party. (good times:))

7. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

"we can accept x2 exp rate and only 2 hours 3x on weekend"? Who are that we? Lol I really don't like that. This isn't acclaim. There are far more levels and contents to enjoy.
    You must understand also that not everyone is willing to grind from 0 with low rates AGAIN....and to attract new players, we need higher EXP, players wanna enjoy all clans and roles...not everyone can play all day... Anyway, I would suggest a x5 EXP base,and 50% EXP events in the weekend...

Spite likes this.
  8. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Also please, stop talking about how acclaim EXP rates were "perfect" and servers crowded, that was MANY YEARS AGO when 9dragons was actually an epic game compared to others, but now, there is no way to attract any 2016 PLAYER with low EXP rates! We have skills to Level, dungeons and Bosses to farm, pvp, new builds and a LOT of other things to discover, not only kill the same mobs over and over.

9. Anthropology

Anthropology New Member

There are 9D games out that offer at least 30x that of old GC rate. Why can't you be competitive or beat that?

10. yougetsnada

yougetsnada Member

Let me live my childhood dream damn it, Iv always wanted an Alienware laptop lol

11. Piromanu

Piromanu New Member

12. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

The rates increased for the Closed Beta server is 5X EXP, Skill, 5X Drop.

13. OMGKuan

OMGKuan Member

That opinion is well-founded on many levels, ANACONDA. The year may be 2016 and there may be far more games out there, BUT the real future of 9D basically hinges on lower rates. I missed out on G1, but returning to GC, I spent TWO years in NSIP because I WANTED to; no other reason. That map just had way too many good memories for me when it opened in 2008. When it first opened then, the xp rates were terrible, each mob was like a mini-boss, and there was no leech invented yet, if I do recall correctly. With all these negative modifiers, grind was a BLAST...players tickled pink to be getting maybe, at best, 6%/hour for hardcore grind, and 6% with all the bells and whistles available at the time. It really didn't matter if you were grinding all day, few hours a day, or a few hours on the weekend, apart from your busy schedule; you weren't going anywhere. You were stuck, IN NSIP, no matter what, for a few weeks, usually months, and you got to know pretty much everyone on the server that was anywhere NEAR your level. Why? Because...you were stuck, IN NSIP, no matter what, for a few weeks, usually months....long story short, trash XP keeps a game and players intact. 9D has never been about crash and burn superfast leveling. Real life example, old player came back from a few years out of the loop, was my LEAGUE MASTER for a bit, player hit HG6 in 5-6 weeks, got bored, stopped playing altogether.

14. wowzors77

wowzors77 Member

well founded? idk about that, i agree its an opinion but only very few want low exp and those tend to be from people who either have alot of time on their hands or cheat/bot and want to be the best of the server. i can also turn around what u have said and claim the same thing about higher exp rates. more players being higher lvl on the end map can be stuck there together and keep game and players intact instead of a select few. once you have a high lvl character ur more likely to make another character after to enjoy other types. now if it was low exp i know id only make one character and if the grind takes that long i definitly would not make another and would probably stop playing.

Spite likes this.
  15. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

2016 player with low EXP rate.
    Download 9dragons ---> get to RC --> understand how EXP keep rapidly decrease and there are way less quests the more you level --> quit.
    2016 player with HIGH EXP rate.
    Download 9dragons --> reach higher levels --> enjoy pvp and other contents the game has to offer --> farm for a strong char once high level --> try more chars helped by the main and fully enjoy the game --> keep play for long.
    That's how things work in the 2016, most games understood it.

itsthem and Icynoob like this.
  16. Kalzi

Kalzi Active Member

I said if it isn't at least x10 I'm not playing. I need to be more realistic!

17. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

x5 (CBT on some maps) and x3 (OBT on some maps) both are current GC rates.

18. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Back in the days OMGKuan and ANACONDA are talking about, the server was heaving.
    People wanted to play because of the unknown.
    I don't know about you guys but I have reached the lvl cap more than once, just to have to restart over.
    There is nothing exciting about gaining a level anymore.
    I just want to reach cap and PVP.

19. Kuro1986

Kuro1986 Active Member

In my opinion there needs to be a nice leveling curve. Most people are tired of grinding for years to get a decent level. But getting to HG in a matter of 5 to 6 weeks is also a little extreme. So there should be a nice curve. That way hardcore and casual players can enjoy it.