Rumble Fighter Old Gens - do they piss you off?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AzurealZX, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Sitting in front of a screen in the dark will mess your eyes up, noob.

Raijin likes this.
  2. Osiris

Osiris Member

You aren't describing old-gens -- you're describing elitists.

3. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

Considering that alot of Old Gen elitists also insult and belittle newcomers they are not really keeping the game alive.
    If anything, alot of the Old Gens are the reason why new comers get more rare every day.

4. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

You're most likely right but from what I know... aren't most 1v1ers Old Gens?

5. Osiris

Osiris Member

Not really. Most of them are 2012ers who type as if half the keys are missing on their keyboards and trashtalk/DoS to prove a false sense of superiority.

AzurealZX likes this.
  6. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

That's if you skip the first step of my instructions.
    If you turn off your PC, you monitor will be dark.

7. Caysan

Caysan Active Member

Not all oldgens, Ii played since like 09 and i'm still here xD but didnt transfer from ogp so i started new acc, and i'm nice and not self absorbed

8. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

Then I might've misjudgeded alot of Old Gens, lol.

Osiris and Doberman like this.
  9. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Really hope you get your ign back man.
    If not i'll buy it off someone for 50 dollars to give it to you.
    You're my true niqqa rival guilds forever.
    You're one of the only GL's that can rival my handpicked members of Original, Not anyone just gets into it.
    You're one of the truest Old gens i've met. You don't have to brag we've been togeather since the old days.
    You couldn't have explained it better. If there was one person i'd back up on this game you'd be him.
    I got more respect for you then i would anyone.
    Only a few people i can say i respect, an you're one of them. If anyone starts beef with you i'd get squad on them fast.
    I praise you bro, much worship you're intelligent.
    You don't need a facade of grammar to portray your history.
    I'd legit take the heat for anything that happens to you my *****. This topic was non-sense an you made sense of it an educated kids.
    Naw a Old gen isn't there to be nice to you he's there to drill our history into you.
    Wish you'd login more man, i truely hope you get your ign back.

I've been here since day 1 of OGP. But you show much more respect then i'd ever deserve. I'll forever be under you my man. This isn't classified by skill this is classified by respect. I could be better then you i could be worst then you, i could have more tourneys under my belt. I could have played since Korea closed beta. I could'f became famous i could'f become irrelevant in my eyes you'll always be better then me an i can only strive to be as good a person as you're to others.

10. Cloud94

Cloud94 Active Member

I think any game with this big of a divide between old players and the new players is going to have this issue, especially with a game that has moved hosts twice. But with reference to the idea about elitists, that's just basic community dynamics...a fact of life at this point I guess... be it in the physical or virtual world.

AzurealZX and Mikey like this.
  11. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

Almost every toxic player I've met claims to be an Old Gen.
    A real old gen? People could be playing from 2007 and still be a**holes.
    ''Oh, this guy has played from 2007, he is a god... he is a... real Old gen!

12. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

Some people have used it as an insult...
    I've had cases where during 1v1 where I am leading the opponent calls me ''stupid cheap random''.
    Why would he start a 1v1 with me, only the 2 of us in the room and call me a random.

13. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Learn the meaning of random man, it doesn't mean you're a new gen, it just means he has no better insult an he's being nice an just saying ("Random: Someone whom you've yet to meet") Random.

14. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

I know it doesn't mean that I'm a new gen.
    Just saying that mostly people who claim to be ''Old Gen '' have used it as an insult.
    It's constantly used in games like GetAmped... it's supposedly another version of ''you're no one''.

15. iareahn

iareahn Clean Up Crew

Pretty sure the "old gens" you're mentioning are actually scrubs who started 09-2015 and call themselves old gens. Players who are from 07 are actually really nice and quiet usually.

kidsenpai and Mikey like this.
  16. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I use it all the time, but i also stream all the time. I facecam i normally never rage i just chill with friends i say it as more of a way to say "fgt" or "** you" as i normally say it when i get ramgod'd or PK'd rofl. Don't take it too seriously man, in the end this is just a game an hopefully you don't take offense, it seems like you're just getting a bit too emotional.

17. BlazingWolf9

BlazingWolf9 Member

Whenever I fight someone who is obviously bad, or obviously new.
    I try to teach them the things they are doing wrong, or things they could try to improve overall.
    Most of the time I end up inviting them to a room and teaching them the game.
    Feels good to teach people the game, and see them improve.

Also I hate the phrase "oldgen" please I can beat this kids that joined back in the day and 1v1'd jesus.
    people who think they are tough sh!t because they happen to be playing the game for a long time should turn off the computer. drink some water. atleast two cups of it. Clearly too much salt.

18. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

You might be right on that one since the biggest moments with the ''Old Gens are superiour'' debate happened in 2013 and 2014.

19. aznhieuboi504

aznhieuboi504 New Member

You guys do know that there are three classes now we got Redfox's players (New Gen), GC players (Old Gen), and finally OGP's players that are now (Legendary Gens) lol so yeah that's how it works now so all the GC players have rights to thrash on the Redfox players :) happy hating

20. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

I don't take offense. Although I do take it way more seriously than I really should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.