Changes for OBT (Suggestions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blitzcronk, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

One of the biggest issues by far is the use of farming Mountain Uprooter. People are doing it to get the War Spirit set and accessories but in the progress almost progress blocking lower level players because they are unable to put enough damage down to get the kill. They cannot complete quests and they cannot get the Young Dragon Statues to upgrade their weapon - thus leaving them underpowered for their level.

Either spawn more Mountain Uprooters throughout Bamboo Village or let low level mobs drop the war spirit boxes for the OC6 set. It's ridiculous. When you confront players they physically don't care.

With there being no IP regional restrictions, will there be dedicated support for Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Korean players, etc... They've said a number of messages in roar and a couple of threads have been posted but nowhere for them to post for their language?

Soul, Icynoob and RobB like this.
  2. RobB

RobB Member

I support this. Its impossible to outdmg them man...so frustrating

3. Blitzcronk

It really is and with the state of the CBT (Not being rude) there needs to be more people testing and not waiting unfairly for a higher level to leave.

4. RobB

RobB Member

Yea they are farming for nothing since the progress wont be saved. The purpose of this session is to TEST, it seems some ppl dont realize that.

5. Beukerd

Beukerd New Member

Support this totally. If you need to outdamage people to get items, i agree with that totally. But outdamage other people to get a quest done, thats just unfair.

6. Blitzcronk

As @sain mentioned it's only a problem due to the influx of new players but something does need to be sorted before OBT so everyone can progress at the same pace and not be blocked by players.

7. skinnery12

skinnery12 New Member

I only managed to login for a few minutes before server closed, but there was not a hope in hell of managing to hit anything. I don't recall ever seeing so many people in starter area, and I'm including the original 9Dragons launch so many years ago.

8. BlooM

BlooM New Member

@Blitzcronk that was a problem in every version of 9D and it's not something the GM team can do. Indeed, they can spawn more quest mobs but that's pretty much all they can do. They can't change the drops for a certain mob, as far as i remember in all these years. They are the publishers, not the developers. Unfortunetly, we might have to deal with this issue again in OBT.

9. Blitzcronk

More could be spawned in or the war spirit drop could be moved to another mob or distributed among a lot of them. That is possible for the publishers to ask the developers to consider. This hinders bug testing because people are stuck.

10. miakoling

miakoling Member

absolutely agree with you, it took me 4 dam hrs until i could finally kill him......with RC9 btw!
    just spawn more Uprooters so theres enough for all ppl and nobody gets frustrated ^.^

11. Sponk

Sponk Member

I still think War spirit boxes should be like it was in GC where it dropped from regular mobs.. They were good weapons, but definitely not end-game ones.

itsthem likes this.
  12. Blitzcronk

The simplest solution is come back when you are higher level to put enough damage down but then you have to wait to get a decent enough weapon which you do need at the start because the grind is rough. Let all the mobs drop the sets, that way everyone gets them, they're not overpowered and nobody gets stuck.

miakoling likes this.
  13. BlooM

BlooM New Member

There is never a simple solution. And you can check samxerz's post to understand why... @Blitzcronk , i have a feeling you're not a new player. Your topic with suggestion is a good idea. But as for now, i don't think that changing anything in this matter, other than spawning more quest mobs will be good for the game. Most of 9D community was always known for requesting some weird changes whenever something little happen. I suppose RedFox are not aware of the community :)

14. Blitzcronk

Another 2-3 mobs would only entice more farming and would hinder more new players without weapons, I think there isn't going to be a solution unless they make war spirits either drop somewhere else or change the way you acquire the statues.

15. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

And along with every great forum post, ALWAYS comes people i like to call a " ^This Guy^ "
    when you see a post like this ......only thing that comes to mind is smh..."This Guy"

16. Blitzcronk

If we could break @samxerz post down and understood exactly what his issue is we might be able to discuss it... My issue with them is not race or creed or anything like that, it's communication. There isn't a huge attempt made to understand each other and we don't want a Northern based server to be constantly active with players who cannot understand each other.

People go on about "BAN THEIR IP" and in converse you could argue because they ban our IP and region block us, why don't we do it to them but that's not for a healthy server and the extra players does make the server feel more alive but I just worry there will come to a point where they will just dominate the server and almost expect us to speak their languages.

17. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

xD i assure you its not just my ass that is black ;) =D =================D

miakoling and skinnery12 like this.
  18. skinnery12

skinnery12 New Member

samxerz I could barely read your post, all caps and lots of swearing, and now racial abuse, gives out a great vibe.
    Just be a little patient

Icynoob likes this.
  19. samxerz

samxerz New Member

yeah thats exacly happend if we dont stop it.

20. samxerz

samxerz New Member

dont worry were just the same black ass haha :p this is GreyHoundz remember hahaha

Icynoob likes this.