Is Extreme TKD good?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furby, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furby

furby New Member

I had it a long time ago as my first astro scroll and being a new player at the time I struggled to use it to its full potential. I'm a much better player now and I just wanted to know if Extreme TKD is still relevant with the advent of all these new scrolls.

2. DannyPhantom

DannyPhantom Mastermind

Any scroll can be relevant, I say try it. It is a pretty good scroll

furby likes this.
  3. Gonsegon

Gonsegon Active Member

Very basic scroll except for that run-g flashiness,but still a very good scroll not many weaknesses.

4. furby

furby New Member

If you were to put it on a tier list would you put it up there with Rage, Boran, Blood Wind, etc?

5. Gonsegon

Gonsegon Active Member

Hmm BWN with is stun is still king,but above boran and about equal with Rage to me atleast.Boran and Rage have the weakness of jump over mid combo to beat them while ETKD is more like Zin Karate with long range.

furby likes this.
  6. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Extreme TKD is one of the owners of a groundhit that can punish savers.

So that's something going for it.

Shina and furby like this.
  7. furby

furby New Member

Damn, anything that's like Zin Karate is a good scroll for me lol

8. Gonsegon

Gonsegon Active Member

Just learn to use it well it's not easy to learn like ZK is,but it's worth it.Just don't get cocky when you learn to use it then switch to another scroll and suddenly all those nice advantages are gone lol.

9. Shana

Here's the old, old guide for the Extreme TKD by Galdeira

Description: THE ULTIMATE, REFINED FORM OF TAEKWONDO. THIS SCROLL IS EXTREME. DID I SAY IT WAS EXTREME? THIS IS EXTREME TAEKWONDO, THE MOST EXTREME SCROLL IN EXISTENCE. EXTREEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEE-
    Price: 213 Astros (EXTREME PRICING)
    Class: All
    Opinion: Extreme Taekwondo, jokes aside, is extreme, yet average. The damage it can inflict regularly is quite immense, as its full kick combo inflicts a nasty 500 damage, and its ground-hit can speedily connect 120+ damage onto anyone on the floor. But while it might not have the most EXTREME range or the most EXTREME damage, Extreme Taekwondo's true strengths lie in its ability to truly confound your opponent; with recoveries some scrolls would kill for as well as a 7-hit combo, Extreme Taekwondo has been confusing players since 2011. This scroll certainly is EXTREME.
    DIFFICULTY TO USE: EASY+
    DIFFICULTY TO MASTER: HARD
    POTENTIAL: HIGH

Combos:
    PPPP - [450]
    KKKKK - [500]
    KK(K+G) - [290]
    KP - [190]
    kGK - [210] (126)
    >>G - [190]

Aerial Strike
    PPPP
    80, 100, 120, 150 [450]
    Basic in the purest sense of the term. Simple, easy to use, and self-explanatory. Extreme Taekwondo's punches are, in fact, kicks; as a result, the scroll has no real "punches," much like Jin Taekkyon. To an inexperienced player, the two combos will look the same, and give them a really tough time.

Like almost all punch combos, its purpose is not to inflict damage but rather to keep your opponent blocking or on their toes. These "punches" are the fastest attacks in your arsenal, so use them whenever you find yourself a little too close for comfort, or your opponent opens up enough for you to lay down some pressure. The recoveries on all the attacks are superb, so there will be little need for worry on the opponent retaliating successfully.

The first and second punches are not particularly extreme at all, but the third punch possesses the uncanny ability to always hit even if you angle it. This leads to confusing mindgames on your opponent as you can opt to simply move out of the way with this axe kick and flee, or move around and start up a new offense. Each kick also comes with a sizeable delay to trick opponents too.

However, the last kick can't angle.
    Extreme Fury

KKKKK
    90, 100, 100, 30, 30, 30, 120 [500]
    A painful kick combo, totaling a whopping 7 hits and a bruising 500 damage. Its speed, range, and recovery are nothing notable, and far from extreme; the real fearsome quality is the 7 hits. Extreme Taekwondo is blessed with a first kick that doesn't **** (which makes a lot of scrolls cry). It's not spectacular, but thankfully it's fast enough to get the job done; when combined with the sheer number of hits, Extreme Taekwondo can play a mean pressure game with either the punch OR the kick combo, a feat few scrolls can boast. The fourth input hits three times.

However, the kick combo is very linear and has poor peripheral range for the most part. And most of the time it’s better to start up a juggle if you hit your opponent with a kick. And it REALLY can’t angle.
    Soaring Eagle

KK(K+G)
    90, 100, 100 [290]
    Extreme Taekwondo’s juggle launcher is anything but extreme. It hits the opponent into the air and that’s pretty much all it does. It can’t angle, and it’s almost completely unsafe on block, but it has a nice recovery, so you can escape some slower-reacting opponents. As a general rule, if your first or second kicks hit, you should go into a juggle.
    Whiplash

KP
    90, 100 [290]
    Extreme Taekwondo is owner of the most unique two-hit knockback in the game. It hits behind you; yes, it hits the opponent behind you. It’s completely incapable of angling as it is able to hit the opponent in front of you. If the second hit connects, your opponent will be sent flying to your back, for a handsome distance. It’s extremely gimmicky and situational, and generally is less useful than a conventional two-hit knockback; but it does have its uses, for example, if your back is to a ledge.
    Jackknife

kGK
    100, 110 [210] - standing
    60, 66 (126) – grounded
    Extreme Taekwondo also is owner of a rather unique ground hit. It hits twice, and with a sizeable delay between the two hits. The first hit comes out fast, quite fast, and can function as Extreme Taekwondo’s two-hit knockback (that hits forward, of course). You can fly off ledges with the first input, and smack an unwary opponent with the second. It deals some impressive damage to opponents on the floor, but as a drawback, the second input is cursed with horrid recovery. If it is blocked, you will be punished. You can kGK successfully after:

PPPP – requires a wall or additional SPD
    KKKKK – requires a wall
    KP
    kGK – requires impeccable timing or a wall
    >>G
    A grab – requires impeccable timing or a wall
    A juggle
    Flare Blitz

>>G
    [190]
    Extreme Taekwondo owns an unblockable move similar to Darksider’s >>G. Press the guard button while you are running to unleash a devastating wind-up attack. The damage it deals is hefty, and it can neither be blocked nor countered by the opponent. It’s a dangerous move in its own right, but the charge-up time will force you to limit its usage for maximum effectiveness. Running around randomly is usually a telltale sign for the opponent that you’re going to use this, and they’ll quickly take measures to avoid it (or even ram you out of it). It’s most effective as wake-up game; thanks to the distance it covers, but you have to force them onto the defensive first. >>G is a horrible move against aggressive opponents, but highly effective against turtlers.
    Juggles:

Punch Juggle
    KK(K+G) P P PPPP kGK
    90, 100, 100, 48, 48, 48, 60, 72, 90, 60, 66 [782]
    A standard, simple juggle that will always connect, no matter the circumstance.

Kick Juggle
    KK(K+G) P P KKKKK kGK
    90, 100, 100, 48, 48, 54, 60, 60, 18, 18, 72, 60, 66 [794]
    A slightly more powerful juggle that is also more temperamental, and will usually fail if positioned at an angle. It is impossible to connect all hits of the triple kick, and as a result you will always miss out on one hit.
    STRATEGY:

Extreme Taekwondo is a scroll that thrives on its own form of pressure: by smothering the opponent underneath an endless hail of kicks. Extreme Taekwondo’s kick and punch combo can be difficult to discern at times, so mixing up between the two can prove to be a devastating tactic to an unaware opponent. Your main goal is to make your opponent block, so use your combos offensively. Defensively, Extreme Taekwondo suffers, as its linear range and mediocre recoveries make it ill-suited for such a task. But once you can get your opponent onto the defensive, >>G is made available to use; use your unblockable maneuver to punish players who think they can block through all of your attacks. Is Extreme Taekwondo worth its price tag? Nobody can say. But one thing is for sure.

THIS SCROLL IS EXTREME.​

furby likes this.
  10. furby

furby New Member

I remember reading this guy's guides back in the day. I wish he still updated his tier list.

11. Shana

The most important thing is if the scroll suits your playstyle. I personally find myself more comfortable using Agent over most scrolls that I own. I like any scroll with a decent punch combo pretty much

furby likes this.
  12. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

Ridiculous pressure potential, just don't miss and you're good

13. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

Its alright. As you probably already know its hitbox is pretty narrow. I chose it over Agent on OGP and I regret it.

14. Mexican

Mexican Well-Known Member

It's like TKD in real life.
    a no

Doberman likes this.
  15. Shiny

Shiny Member

The only problem it has is that it's linear.

Doberman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.