Chi Kung Damage stat still Wis, not Ess?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elentari7, Feb 12, 2016.

1. elentari7

elentari7 New Member

So as the title says, I made a SF nuker today and noticed while distributing my stat points that giving 12 points into Ess didn't change a thing about CK attack, while adding the exact same amount into Wis gave about 100 more CK attack.

Did I misread the info in this thread http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/information-about-awaken.31/ ? I thought it said that now Ess gives CK damage, not Wis like it used to be, but nothing seems to have changed?

2. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

same, i thought ESS gives dmg now, not wisdom. But in the game Wisdom gives damage and ESS doesnt

3. elentari7

elentari7 New Member

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. Also why is Dex a bracer requirement now? o_O

4. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

it might be bugged? because right now, nukers have to balance WIS for dmg, ESS for VE, and Dex for attack rating/crit. Hard to balaance these three.

5. Falcon

Falcon Active Member

Dex gives you Ck Attack Rating :p

6. AvarYan

AvarYan New Member

Every role must add dex now and yea you have to put wis for dmg

7. elentari7

elentari7 New Member

Ok, but shouldn't Wis be unnecessary then? Because in their information thread they said "Base stats of Chi Kung damage is now based on your Essence stat, not Wisdom." Which it is not, you still have to add Wis for damage, Ess doesn't add to it.

8. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Essence should give % increase based on your skill damage not a base damage increase. So for example you have a skill that give 1000-2000 damage a higher ess will give a bigger skill damage. I didn't play CK in 9Dragons because it's not really in my liking as game style but I remember that in GC that was what wis was doing.

fataljustice likes this.
  9. OMGKuan

OMGKuan Member

CK hybrids are COMPLETELY hopeless in this version right now. Dex now is necessary for bracers, wis and ess required for ck damage, the con buff just doesn't work, makes build nearly impossible...with 1 double cost stat and 3 mandatory ones, the numbers just can't be spread like used to. Also, the recast time for instants is ridiculously long. Anyone that has ever played a ck hybrid knows that the defense nuke is vital to the workings of a good ck hybrid. That's your 'tag' nuke, followed by whatever other nuke you choose. With a 15 second recast, it makes it nonsensical. Instants are just that; they are instant cast, no recast time. In case you miss, you keep casting it until it hits, then start up another nuke. Of course, CBT is to address these issues and get them fixed, so cheers!

10. Dromi

Dromi Member

build right ck brid is the fastest grinder in this version with these stats and skills, also con buff doesnt exist in this version, it was replaced by a selfbuff 500dmg/ck dmg at c10 if memory serves

11. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

I haven't tested CK for now on the CBT but if it's like on GC wisdom was giving also damage % depending on the skill you use so it give damage after all but not as a "Base Stat".
    I mean, if you don't use any skill and add wisd: you won't see the CK damage increase. However if you use ess you will see the CK Damage Stat increase.

12. Maxim

Maxim Member

yeh, well cant really see it. used to be able to see it with the damage shown on mobs as you applied it, guess now you still can by seeing how much faster they die, or by trying to guess the average damage done to the mobs hp bar.

13. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

Damage number were bugged back on GC I tested with real stat.
    I was directly looking at the damage on my char window.
    I did test without hermit +5 wisd and with hermit +5 wisd it was giving damage boost when skill were cast.

14. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

What about the korean skill system?

15. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

that works in US version. This is korean version. CK hybrids may not be viable in korean version. Theres still bugs to fix, but dont get your hopes up. def nuke may have a cooldown

16. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

I can still 2 or 3 shot mobs with nuker. Ess only for ck def now. Treat dex like wis used to be and wis like Ess used to be. Seems to work out pretty good so far