Me trying to bring IRL friends in 9D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by machatzi, Feb 12, 2016.

1. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

Me: Hey man, let me tell you about this very old, but seriously nice game, since you like mmorpgs
    Him: Old? how old?
    Me: Well.. about 10 yrs old? But trust me, it's really nice. Its martial arts-themed, with nice skills and cool PvP as well.
    Him: Aham. Ok.. so tell me about it
    Me: So.. you start as a vagabond.. and.. *Explained the concept.. and leveling process.. etc*
    Him: Cool, sounds great. How do you upgrade weapons and armor? IS there such thing?
    Me: *Coughs*.. uhum.. of course man. Just like most of the games right? You can upgrade your weapon all the way up to +17. You just need to farm up some material (Blood Essences), and... *Cough* Scales from Item Mall
    Him: Scales.. From Item Mall?? Whats that about? They are selling material needed for upgrade in Item Mall ?
    Me: It's not really material.. but like a protection for your weapon
    Him: huh?
    Me: You know.. if refinement process fails, you lose your weapon. So you might get it to +11/+12 .. and lose it
    Him: Thats Harsh man.
    Me: Yes.. thats why you need to use Scales.. So you don't lose it if refine fails.
    Him: Are you Retard? You still playing this game ?
    Me: Eh.. nevermind

This is a sample conversation that happened many times with many people that i tried to bring in 9D the last years. It was much easier to do it back in acclaim while game was still new.. and before Scales/Tears appear in IM.

PlayRedFox, and JW proudly present us a "new version". For me it's the same old stuff.
    For me new, it would be to renovate the whole game, starting by removing/replacing functionalities that are causing frustration to players, and barrier for new players.

I personally would be happy to hear from PRF/JW that they will go into a new development phase for few months, in order to adjust the game in such a way that can attract new players, while on the same time fixing a lot of bugs. Take the opportunity with this Closed Beta Failure, and do what needs to be done : Changes in root functionalities.

PRF, Just cancel the release for few months! It's not a shame! At least everyone will know that a really new version this time will be out.

Remove Scales/Tears.. and any other refinement materials from IM
    Make the game so you need to farm the items in game.
    Let Mo Tailan ask for 1 or 2 more items for refining a specific weapon (+BE). Farm those items in Dungeons. Those 1 or 2 new items, should be different based on the weapon you want to refine.
    Example: GB Weapon, requires VoH items to be refined. Let those items drop MAINLY from chests
    -> Remove "you lose weapon if process fails"
    People will be encouraged to farm dungeons to give another try on their weapon without been scared!

Add more Cosmetic/Luxury Items in Item Mall
    This is to compensate for missing scales/tears .. money. We are all fine with these items.

Adjust Premium bonuses
    Give additional % drop rate on those new items mentioned above that are required for refining.
    If you feel that premium price needs to be increased, then do it as long as you have most P2W items removed!

Suggestions are everywhere in the forums. And most of them can be used for more brain storming and innovative ideas.

Either get a REAL new version PRF, or don't bother releasing the same broken game again.

Trasric, Spite and itsthem like this.
  2. Honey

Honey New Member

Yup, it's such a great game ruined by an item shop but they need to make money somehow.

3. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

With current setup, they are only targeting big wallets.
    They need to do something to attract some more new players, and get most players under the premium membership.
    Most people can only afford at most 20$ a month for this game (old game). And those people might not spend them even if they still cant compete. Why would they ... anyway. They rather quit and play any other new F2P good game

4. Neliel

Neliel New Member

i agree with the tears and scales thing i myself have spent quite a few $$ trying to get a weapon to high refinement and have failed pretty much every time and then i go and see people that have +15 with 5/5. Even tho its luck based, there has to be a better refinement system ive seen many games now where breaking your weapon isn't a thing, once you fail your weapon just downgrades to a lower tier or in some games just stays the same. Farming BE's is easy enough sure but getting scales and tears thats a different story and to top it off you only get 7 tries at such a low success chance.

5. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Tell your friend this is a 'free' game and that he should be grateful :rolleyes:

Spite likes this.
  6. RobB

RobB Member

Greatful for what? You need to wake up from your dream man...

7. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I was being sarcastic by echoing the garbage I have seen on this forum :D

8. RobB

RobB Member

Oh im sorry then. I apologize XD

itsthem likes this.
  9. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

OR they could still put scales/tears in cash shop but have a farming system in game.For example u can now get hp trink from loyalty rather thank killing boss.Another example would be banners which u can make now through combine rather than farm boss.I think u must farm KJD and get X amount of ES and X amount of beads etc..