CBT Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blitzcronk, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Overall I found the CBT to be quite a refreshing and welcoming home experience. There were definitely a large number of bugs but that doesn't shy away the professionalism that PlayRedFox has shown. The servers were absolutely a blessing, there were never any moments of lag and the servers themselves stayed up and running the entire time. There were two patches within their respective 'maintenance patches' and within each hour as promised the server returned to full operation.

The small amounts of content available definitely show signs of positive changes and welcomed changes. I particularly found the navigation system with RTD quests to be so quick and effective that it meant going back to grinding really didn't matter and on top of that, grinding was on the back burner for some time because I was able to level up a fair amount just through quests, that was massive in my opinion.

There were a few 'teething' problems with the game though, a few times I got a bit frustrated with not being able to learn some skills or having to close the client because I got stuck in kung fu training which wouldn't go anywhere. Some of the community also made it a bit of a unwelcoming place but that is to be expected and I don't think it was meant personally.

I honestly cannot wait to discuss the CBT with other players, see screenshots of accomplishments and make way for the next chapter of the game.

Thank you Red Fox and personal thank you to Ahri for everything as a combined effort you've made this CBT quite special.

2. Vrangsinn

Vrangsinn Active Member

I enjoyed the changes as well, though some hard to get used to, like as a hybrid, feeling like the only way to heal myself was way too weak (Demonic Healing of Darkness C11 - 180 pts HOT every 30 seconds). But then again, the game we're used to, everything was really spoonfed and there wasn't a real challenge. New stat derivatives and change in the way skills work makes us rethink what we've been doing the past 10 yrs (to those who haven't played any other version). This is oddly pleasing to me.

I didn't catch any bugs that someone hadn't already beaten me to posting (except one that I haven't seen yet; note to self: go post that. And sorry if it is already posted.)

No accomplishments really. Just explored new things and worked on builds. This amused me though:

[​IMG]

People leave Shen Mo's minions all the time; nothing out of the ordinary. But can't say I've ever seen them pile up like that. Was unsure if bug or not. Feel sorry for the guy who fought Shen last though lol

Oh, and the new fast travel for RTD: AWESOME. Though I didn't discover it til way late, too used to just running. And all the courier passes you get along the way are great.

But I'm glad the game keeps going. Even if we have to start over again in 6 mos, 1 yr, 3 yrs, whatever. Keep on keepin' on.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  3. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I won't even go there lol

4. EvilAngel

EvilAngel New Member

I had not much time to play in the closed beta, are the clans more balanced now,too ?
    Or is it still like earlier, want to play warrior? Use Spear because of best dmg etc

5. Gilleeuy

Gilleeuy Member

All people write on a forum about "more balance",
    but in fact - all of them play Warriors...
    Every second in a CBT was BOT War. )))
    People dont wanna think and try some.
    They wanna click and win ^_^

6. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I made a BOT warrior because I was told it was one of the few roles that could learn skills.

7. Gilleeuy

Gilleeuy Member

I do WT Healer, grow to a Master,
    then try LoB Hyb, but he was unable to learn skills,
    then i create a Shao Hyb and play him just before closing CBT...

But I know, warriors in all game - the easyest playable char.

8. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

I thought it was alright. The rtd navigation is a godsend. I would like to be able to see the damage we do. Otherwise any pvp would be a guessing game. Skill xp also seems uneven. But I have always thought skill xp should be high, people don't play games just to spend weeks training skills. Haven't tried the auto train yet though so that might remedy it

9. Gilleeuy

Gilleeuy Member

THere are auto train system in a game, this is not a problem.
    But it's look like there are dont work auto meditation, that is a problem.
    About in game exp...
    x5 sound nice, it's a lowest exp rate that i think about.
    Cause now, at CBT, after 90 lvls there is not too fast grinding.
    So... If it is lower than x5.... I dont know...
    Also, if in CBT x5. I think in a real game, OBT and further, it will be less...

10. Sponk

Sponk Member

It's going to be x3. It was confirmed in the AMAA thread.

11. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Nop, sadly there isn't yet any balance between Warrior clans. Bot and shao still the strongest, with the highest weapon damage/skill damages.

12. edwinG

edwinG New Member

I agree the RTD nav was the best new thing with this version(and the extra transport passes, if they keep it that way would be nice), but the Nav to all other quest could be a bit annoying. You click and he starts walking to the area. Would be nice if they could at lease lightfoot it to where you need to go, other wise its a bit useless since you'll get kill before reaching your nav point.

I found the skill rate(in some cases) was slow, wasn't it suppose to be multiply by a large number, yet it seem forever to get to the next lvl. The 3 main techs like Med and LF seem ok but the smashes seem to go slow and that was on some techs that go fast, can't imagine some of the Hybrid tech which take years (not the main buff). You might not get all their buffs max before the game changes hands again. lol

The new quests were both refreshing and annoying and some seem useless and a bit of a waste of time but that could be because of rushing to level back up to HG in just 3 or 4 days. LOL could only wish.

There is a lot of context in new areas and imbedded into a lot of NPC that I can see a cause of many bugs. They were a number of time I tried a tag only to get kick off the game.

The one most annoying thing I found was the way to add more points to your stats, str,ess, wis, con dex. The window comes up and you have to input a number, which is easy to do twice and lose or put those point were you didn't want to put them all.
    I preferred using the plus button to add points as in other versions instead of the digit window, other then that I did like how the Character stat window was setup, more info in one view without having to scroll down.

Only made it to SM so I can't talk on all maps but I do remember some original NPCs that I don't remember seeing in the G1 or GC version, as far as I can remember. Looks like some of the extra little quests were taken out by the time it got to GC.

For those who never played PVP, it will be a long and sometimes annoying times trying to level up and grind.
    I remember my days in Icy, man, killing more then 3 or 4 mod (average 1 to 2) before I got PKed was a very big challenge, and no it was very rarely anything close to one on one, more like 4 to 6.
    I still got pics of me against over 12, it was a bit funny, and I would maybe take out one before being rained on by a half doz nukes or so plus assaults of various other weapons. LOL.
    Those moments that make you feel so special.

Klitz likes this.
  13. Blitzcronk

Yeah actually I'd like to reiterate a couple of points I made earlier:

Navigation System
    The navigation system for RTD is amazing, I couldn't fault it. It felt a little too easy being able to teleport to the specific mob, npc or quest item but that's fine. It makes RTD pleasantly enjoyable and I was actually able to read some of the quests story-line for a change rather than blitzing through it.

For RTE it is a nightmare, yes you can walk to where you need to go but at the same time you could either get there quicker by running yourself or you will die in the process as mentioned by @edwinG so a couple of tweaks could be implemented to improve them:
    • RTE - allow the player to auto light foot to the destination.
    • RTE - when you are asked to kill a specific mob, can we have the mobs location as a flag on the map like for RTD quests
    Skill Exp
    The skill exp was incredibly slow and even though you do have the new automated system, you cannot use that for smashes and nukes? I think by the time I reached GB on one character I managed to get a nuke to cheng 6. Increase the skill exp rate for nukes and smashes, it takes ages to level them up.

RTE quest rewards
    Doing some of the RTE quests are okay but for the chain ones it would be nice to see a total list of available rewards so you can decide if it is worth your time or not.

Icynoob and Klitz like this.
  14. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Btw, I love the new Version, there are so many hidden things and cool changes...even if I didn't have the chance to explore all. Kung fu EXP is way too low anyway =/

15. Gilleeuy

Gilleeuy Member

Yes yes and yes.
    I think main exp, x3 low too.
    It's mean, i think, that u dont have a level for a RTD quest.
    And also, on CBT, i have a bad period on 70-90 lvls, when we need to go to Bloody Plains cave.
    I grind here only with x2 exp card's.
    Cause every 12 years Warrior try to kill me...
    Hate Warriors )
    2-buttons characters...

But when i reach "Master" in a game, 96 lvl?
    I have all basic buffs 10, maximum.
    And i have only some buffs, that have too long CD, not maximum.

But!
    Smashes - too low lvl...
    Maybe because x5 lvl and too much exp for a quests give me a chance not grind so much )

16. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Well the xp was not x5 GC as we was told it would be so they are using base rates.
    GC standard rate was x4 base rate and had lots of events, sometimes x4 or x5 at weekends so that would be x20 base rate some weekends.

I know the XP from quests was better, especially the RTD's but what happens when they dry up?

RF don't plan to have any XP events and lvling was already a drag when it was x5, seems like RF are just spitting coffin nails all over the place.

And the people who wont stand up and say something are helping them nail their own coffins.

17. Blitzcronk

We should see the anti pvp buff once the OBT goes live so I imagine it won't be an issue to then grind in CC.

Icynoob likes this.
  18. archforge

archforge Member

Best thing I enjoyed is the fact that when you kill a boss (might just be the first time) you get a road to fate quest in hefei giving you xp and gold on top of the boss loot. Also all the backstory on the deviant clans are a nice touch, starts by a mob dropping an item then you get a short quest line detailing them in some way. It isn't every mob but it is just enough to keep you entertained while grinding. All in all the road to fate quests are awesome.

Vrangsinn, kilroyjr and balb1n0 like this.
  19. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

BTW what lvl did you guys get upto? I was mostly trying to grind my way on a near full str build, got to FD before I lost the will to carry on.

I didn't have the luxury of the starter weapon though, due to the uprooter mob situation.

How long did it take you to kill a boss? And what was your role? And gear like?

20. Blitzcronk

GB11. I couldn't grind too hard I had loads of uni work to get finished. I know some people got pretty far into HM.

Icynoob and itsthem like this.