Any tips on fighting Electro?

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by Windstorm, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

Don't give me that look.
    You already know how it is fighting Electro. That fast recovering K KG made Muhon look like a carat scroll.

Electro gives me a hard time since the range on the kick combo is fast enough to hit after a panic.
    And..well..I don't panic so..yeah.
    K KG connects seamlessly(so seamlessly, it feels like
    Stinger's kG+P), KP angles well, 5th punch launches you far away, and as a result, I have trouble fighting it on edge maps, 1v1 scenarios, teams, pretty much any competitive game mode.
    I..can't find any
    counter points outside of the 1st and 3rd punch...
    I..can't seem to stop blocking..
    I..can't stop agonizing on how this scroll deserves a
    groundhit
    I..can't stop crying. Any advice?

2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Lol that stun though omg. I just keep jumping :p

3. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Lol basically dont let them combo you. Its another defensive/offensive scroll that's really unbalanced.

Yusuke likes this.
  4. TrueGreed

TrueGreed New Member

Honestly enough jumping works for me as well, and pray to land the panic before hitstun.

5. Saiiyuki

Saiiyuki Well-Known Member

Third kick / Fourth kick is the counter point for the kick combo

• 2nd punch of the punch combo can be countered easily since its a sweeping motion.

• The entire punch combo has counter able blockstun. So as long as you aren't trying counter the charge punch (bad idea) then as long as you time it or use a scroll with enhanced counter frames (Judo, Combat Sambo, Inner Fire, Muscle Buster, etc) then countering it should be easy.

• Side block. The scroll is kind of linear with it's kick combo. It has range on it but as long as you don't fight in a straight line you can avoid getting launched by the stun as often. And if they try to do that flurry kick launcher it makes it harder for them to land it if you're fighting them at angles.

Yusuke likes this.
  6. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

@Saiiyuki - The 3rd kick is very hard to counter. I'm usually stunned or off the map by then. YOU REALLY WANT ME TO RISK A COUNTER ON THE LAST KICK? THAT'S DANGEROUS
    If I side block K GK, I'll get hit by a delayed+angled K GK K, followed by a gruesome combo.
    Additionally, people are rarely using the punch combo unless they've got me to an edge for a followup charged PPPP(P), delays, or just a simple punch -> grab -> groundhit. AND THEN I GET HIT BY A K GK from BEHIND
    I can hardly tell when they're transitioning from a punch to K GK, so I--almost 100% of the time--end up blocking the full combo before the last hit.

I don't think I wanna fight Electro anymore..

7. Zemikai

Zemikai Active Member

Learn to drift. Best thing to do, works for me.

8. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

The easiest way to play versus Electro is to play from a distance. Just lure, you'll bait out the K+KG and if you're doing it correctly you can punish them.

Just play against it like it's Volador and you're good to go.

Yusuke likes this.
  9. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

This applies to any scroll, not just Electro.

10. Manners

Manners Best Dressed

It applies extra when fighting u m9, kom at me sideways wid dat Electrollol agen boi:cool:

11. Saiiyuki

You're putting a lot of what-if scenarios. Anything can occur that you just have to be ready for. I'm giving you ways to deal with certain scenarios and you're focusing too hard on the stun.

• The third kick is EASIER to counter because it has a sweeping motion and is slower than all of the linear kicks. You can just block the final kick of its combo and punish the player if you don't wanna risk countering it.

• To deal with the stun is simpler than you are making it. Side blocking TWICE, once to the side and again to a steeper angle will cause them to deflect off your guard if they are using the secondary launcher. This opening them for punishment. If you hold your block you can also wait out both launchers and punish them from your block once the combo ends. Or if you really want an even simpler solution than that junk drifting makes dealing with it even easier. You can't get stunned in the air.

• The reason people aren't using the punch combo is because you aren't forcing them to change up the way they have to approach you. You can't get past the kick combo due to your lack of adaptability, 1v1 experience, and experience with the scroll. Using the following strategies will more than likely force them to approach you differently when they see they can't launch you. Making them use their other combos. Which in turn for Electro is easier to deal with.

Tldr Version

Firstly, No offense hun, get out your feels about the scroll. You're allowing your frustration to prevent you from learning and adapting to the scroll. It's a very linear scroll so side blocking or jump drifting can cause them to deflect off your guard or make it easier to learn when they'll stop their combo.

Secondly start 1v1ing. The way you're wording this shows that you lack significant amount of 1v1 experience. Using the simple tactics like those listed above should've been the end of the conversations but debating it shows that you aren't as experienced as you need to be. I'm not trying to be didactic or talk down to you. I'm just stating facts. There's nothig wrong with that however you won't get any better by not learning to adapt. Whether your issue comes from fighting the scroll on a edge map or Blacktop Melee; the concept remains the same.

Third; Learn about the scroll/game mechanics. Many scrolls have similar mechanics. Learning about blockstuns, hit boxes, hit stun, angles, delays, and move priority can help you progress much faster as a player.

I hope this helps you move toward a solution to your delima

Windstorm likes this.
  12. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

I can only really on give you a select few notions about fighting anything OP in general.

1. The user is still human, so mistakes will be made you just have to be aware of them
    2. When in doubt of your self evaluate the scenario, maybe fighting them on a linear string of bridge isn't the best idea?
    3. Never ever get discouraged by a SCROLL.

13. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

breakpointing/ countering this scroll isn't going to be effective because there isn't even 1 unless they delay(applies to every scroll)
    havent fought the scroll enough to give u a opinion but it seems lacking in first kick range so try to use something with alot of range like wing chun or play outside fighting with angled slide kicks

14. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

Where's my dislike button.

15. Manners

Manners Best Dressed

N0where m1

16. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

What? Even if you don't delay you can counter hits out of block, for example dragon's third kick or the punch after 2 kicks.

17. Kagami

Kagami Active Member

Wing Chun has a lot of reach? That's new.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  18. Kagami

Kagami Active Member

Your best bet is to get good. :)

19. Saiiyuki

Like Tides says you don't have to delay to counter a scroll lmao.

Zin TKD's kicks can be countered at any point without them being delayed. I counter the 2nd kick of Dragon, Zin TKD, Jeet Kun Do, Drunken Master, Hawk Hunter, Wing Chun, and other scrolls all the time without them being delayed. Idk what Scammer is talking about lol

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  20. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

When a 1v1er knows less about game mechanics than a mooner.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trypheno likes this.