Drevius, the rookie sig maker's sigs - Updated as of 3/10/16

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by Drevius, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

Improving as I go (I think) :D

03/07/2016
    [​IMG]

03/08/2016
    Was experimenting with this one qq
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

03/09/2016 - Started using my own renders from my sets and experimented with text again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's a small edit to the background which I think looks cool as well
    [​IMG]

3/10/2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  2. Firefly

Firefly Well-Known Member

Never use bevel and emboss for anything ever it's horrible

3. Drevius

thanks for the tip.

4. Firefly

I have some time at work so I'll list some more things to improve
    • Lighting/Shadows - use them more in your image in a realistic way, there are multiple tutorials that you can find that explain how light works and how you can use it to draw attention to different areas etc.
    • Flow - the second one has decent flow actually, just the c4ds kinda ruin it a bit; try to make the observers eyes move through your art as to draw focus to wherever the focal is (typically the render) you can do it with colours or with actual obejcts like c4ds
    • Text - You don't need to add text if it looks bad, most of my sigs dont even have text in them because I feel like they don't look very good - if you're gonna put text in you need to know where it's gonna go from the get go so it isn't distracting or ugly.
    • Borders - Never ever ever ever ever add borders it serves no purpose other than to limit the size of your canvas, just crop the image to whichever size you want instead
    • Gradient Maps - Learn how to use them, they're very good at changing the overall look of an image as well as helping to make all the elements look as though they belong there and don't stick out.

Edit: Went a step further and actually made all the changes I recommended above, the potential is there you just need to work on some things.
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

5. Drevius

Wow, you really made that sig look 10x Better. Thanks for the tips. Do tell however, where or how did you get those particle effects? Do you make them manually?

6. Firefly

I used one texture in that entire image (stars), the rest was just with soft brushes and gradient maps.

7. Drevius

Oh okay. Im gonna try to what you've told me and some tutorials and make something. I'm gonna try to get some original renders in game first.

8. ReiSuzuya

ReiSuzuya Active Member

So this is where you put your work at, all of them are pretty nice. I see there are some of the ss you asked me to get for you xD. Mind making me a sig before i start learning how to do them on my own o . o?