EU player - massive delays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infymous, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Infymous

Infymous New Member

Hey,

So i started playing here and i noticed these massive delays when running around or using attacks (autohunt or just aoe etc). I keep dying because the delays make my character not being able to autopill fast enough or stands still trying to pick money after every kill and dies eventually.

What is the solution? VPN? Are there any success stories? I have 0 lag in any other game or any other 12 sky 2 as a matter of fact.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Cheers

2. SickMyDuck

SickMyDuck New Member

hello Infymous welcome!
    i started last week the 12th (had account created a while back) may i ask where u are from, i'm from the Netherlands and i do find lag at time. but then again they disappear as well so i think its server related

VPN will never help since you will still need to connect to the VPN servers.
    example redfox servers are from US so if you connect your VPN to an US server you are creating more lag than needed.
    VPN is good to unlock blocked content by country. or to hide your actual real IP.
    but not for games mate (even if you have servers in the same country it will always be with delays, the further away the worse it gets)

with my experience for the week i have been playing its game related. and i would wait for a bit at least a few days

3. Emporioz

Emporioz Active Member

Thats not true there are many VPN networks which are really helpful to reduce lag/ping in games.

4. Emporioz

Emporioz Active Member

I am from germany and im having the same lag issues usually my ping is around 200 when playing 12sky2 classic, a california vpn could work wonders.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  5. SickMyDuck

SickMyDuck New Member

at least for me or people i know VPN does not help, it probably has to do with the ISP you got, and if you have a low speed already VPN can reduce it even more tho, but i guess its totally related to your ISP

Example

WITH VPN TO USA

[​IMG]

WITHOUT VPN TO USA

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  6. Emporioz

Emporioz Active Member

Well with a 2mbit ISP it prolly wont reduce ur latency.

SickMyDuck likes this.
  7. SickMyDuck

SickMyDuck New Member

if it works for you then it works for you

Maybe its time they add a EU server

8. Emporioz

Emporioz Active Member

ts2vpn.png
    Also depends on the vpn network you are using i guess down from 200+ to 121ms (43% improvement)

9. Infymous

Infymous New Member

I am from Switzerland. Any success stories using a specific vpn? Or is there any other solution? I mean I have played other games where servers were located in the US but I didn’t have any ping issues.

10. SickMyDuck

SickMyDuck New Member

yea but is it actually doing so... i feel that VPN and the reduce of ping is a load of bullcrap xD since you still connect with your own ISP its not like you got given a new ISP at the given location.

11. SickMyDuck

SickMyDuck New Member

you could try a VPN bud

12. Infymous

Infymous New Member

I tried using the VPN with a server in LA but i can't seem to find any difference. Performance is still pretty bad. I don't understand how many players from PH have no issues but west EU players do :/