Gearing advice?

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Whibbs, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Whibbs

Whibbs New Member

Ok so I tried looking around in the forums and I had a hard time finding what I was looking for. I'm HI9, I have lvl 2 sorcerer gear, a repel sword +11, 5/6 dungeon bead plates, flag of chaos lvl1, blue banner excellence, bead of frosted full moon and rising kylin bead, along with the two basic warrior inners.

I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I can't solo green icy in time (just the last boss). And I definitely can't do purple potala. Sooo, my question is, how do I get the better gear to do these things? Is it really all obtainable mainly through gold to other players? How do I go about getting the better stuff myself and what should I aim for? Relics? Gear? I know my weapon is pretty much as good as it's gonna get for now, but there's gotta be something else I can upgrade so I can at least do green icy in better time and without having to spam life pills :/

Thanks in advance!

2. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

You can start buy changing rbk and boffm to goku/eternal fox relic lv1-2. Either buy from players or farm 10gold coins for lv1 relic box from event. Change VE relic for golden KL bead,
    Do daily infinity dungeon runs for a chance to upgrade flag1 to 2 you need 10k points for 1 try, you should be getting 600-700points/run and you have 5 runs each day.

3. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/update-infinite-dungeon.37781/

That's infinite dungeon patch notes. You can see the mats requirements in f11 for upgrading foc 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. Foc 3 mats are gained from temples in LL and farming mobs in Potala Garden. :D

4. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Follow the link Bankz sent, I get about 2.5k points a day the golden compass for upgrading cost 10k points. if you have a band with full create and MCG 5 it's easy to craft flag2.
    Flag 3 you need to daily farm kylin to make the chaos bead, an dyou can farm golden coin peices outside West/East temple in LL, make a lv160 char and farm the zomebies. You can get the frie/ice box directly from insane monks in Potala garden but they don't drop that often and it takes awhile to kill them. But making flag3 is 100%, it's only a pain getting mats for it.

Bankz likes this.
  5. Whibbs

Whibbs New Member

Thank you everyone for your advice!!

6. Whibbs

Whibbs New Member

Ok so I've since then updated my relics for the better one's, I have lvl 1 goku + fox, golden dragon, pheonix, upgraded flag, and blue banner, among other things. But I am still unable to even attempt purple potala. Is it supposed to be so difficult? :confused: I keep spending and spending all my gold, every time getting a better upgrade, but I'm still not making any progress on purple potala. The only way I foresee being able to do is if I have not just a few billion gold, but 100's of billions it would seem.... Please tell me that's not the case :( Any advice is appreciated :p

7. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Potala is a hard dung for everyone. It's harder for warriors because the mobs are weak against ck attacks and not phy attacks. Also if you're trying to run solo as a warrior, you will need to be pretty beefy. Potala is an end game dungon so you need to be high HI lvl (9-12) or IS. I've seen IS toons get one hit :D

I do recommend running with 2 or more people for purple, 3 or more for green and 3 or more well geared toons for red.

You need lvl, team work, and gear to run that dung well.;)

8. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

This shows a brief glimpse of the gear I had when I was finally able to solo potala purple. (I didn't have a healer back then)

Bankz likes this.
  9. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

I solo purple with my bot warrior. IS2 lvl. With a few min left. I didn' really try solo before that lvl. The xtra slot was nice opening for fox relic. Make sure u have good hp leech and high hp. Doe u have at least a wave +15 sword?

10. Whibbs

Whibbs New Member

Yea I can't afford the crazy prices for a +15 sword. Nor the materials to do so myself. I'm stuck at +11 for a long time. I'm also IS1.

11. Whibbs

Whibbs New Member

My budget is literally only 40 million. I have no way of grinding for money. At least not for the kind of money needed to buy a tiger bead, let alone an excellence (Ozbud), or a +15 weapon. I can't afford level 3 gear either lol. Other players make it impossible to gain "beefiness" with the crazy high prices. Literally the most gold I've had at one time was 12b, and I had to use it for the New Male Deco otherwise I'd have nothing. I've been broke since, and it's been about a week and a half now.

12. Whibbs

Whibbs New Member

I've also ran purple with a second warrior, and we did manage to complete that. But now we can't seem to do it anymore, no changes were made other than losing the 3rd anniversary buff, assuming that counts. I've ran it with healers, I have worse luck doing it like that. I've also ran it with 2 other people, making it 3 overall. That didn't help as we all died left and right, all being about HI10-IS1 level and the same gear range. So I don't know. :(

13. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

If you're trying to run potala for farming, purple isn't going to make you money.
    If you're trying to help with epi runs I can help you out.
    If you're just trying to do it for a sense of achievement then keep at it, that's what I did.:)

14. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

in case you're not aware the queen has a skill that stops hp/ve leech from working so its inevitable pills will be required

Junky91 likes this.
  15. phongtran3

phongtran3 New Member

I don't know if I just have bad luck or they changed the rate for upgrading flag 1 to flag 2, but it sure isn't easy. Failed multiple times using band stats (+50%) along with MCG x10.