Hello, I'm Paul Yoon From Joongwon Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoongWonGames, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoongWonGames

JoongWonGames Developers Staff Member

Hello,

My name is Paul Yoon and I'm the Nine Dragons Team Manager from Joongwon Games. Many have already meant me over at GamesCampus by the Forum Name Kylin. I've created a thread discussing the future of the Nine Dragons US. Unfortunately, before we could even execute the scheduled development plans our contract with GamesCampus expired. Therefore, we were unable to continue the development process that was planned.

RedFox Games recently announced the new build for Nine Dragons (Nine Dragons Awaken). I’m pretty sure everyone wants to know all the details about this version. To provide the exact information about the new build Awaken, I can tell you guys that it is not exactly the same build that we have in Korea right now. The Awaken build is the upgraded version of KR build. Which has already been explained on the forum (here)). That’s why we deleted all over balanced options in costumes and rebuilt the quest flow chart.

Anyways, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know by responding to this post.

Thank you for all the suggestions and positive feedback submitted to us previously. I really care about Nine Dragons and I will do my best to provide the best gaming experience to you guys.

Thank you,

BlondICE, 8291bola015, VioleT and 7 others like this.
  2. Lianel

Lianel Active Member

I am scared from that : "its not exact same " and "its upgraded" but nvm i let surprise myself.

I want ask what rates will be in game comparing with GC . I mean refination, Assembling,Banner creation etc .

Cuz making thinks like +15 dex at 156 tryies or clothes +5 after around 100 refines and Banner from 50 tryies is not good i think

1 more think i am interested . You told something about Qvests. At GC there was implemented (not completely) Quest helper or navigation or something . its gona be here too ?

3. JoongWonGames

Don't worry mate, all we're planning to do is provide better game to you guys :) I ment "It's not exact same" to inform you guys the truth, I know it might gives you disappointment but I'm very positive after you play game, you'll like the changes.

And about the rates you mentioned, please understand that I cannot just open the exact rate for player, but if that bother lots of you guys, I'm sure we can find a solution.

anyway, thanks for your concern and hope we can suit you the best way to play game :)

4. Lianel

Lianel Active Member

Thank you for your answer i am excited like many others.

About that rates there is a lot of peaople like me but i don t need exact numbers . I need normal rates it means that if there is item like dex for example you need 19 ornaments for clothes and deco then i don t need to spend like 2000 tryies for that . Or refine 30 weapons for getting +12 ++
    I hope that you got my point .

Anyway i am sure that its gona be different and better but you have to understand frustration and concerns from players if you know all history of this game :) (Acc , G1 , GC ).

And 1 suggestion and request . Don t make from this game Lottery game liek it was till now. Events should be collectible oriented not lucky lottery by opening boxes :)

5. Lianel

Lianel Active Member

I have 1 last think . Its just i would like know your opinion its changing game a little but its my idea of getting items . I wold like to get your opinion on that you can just PM me that .

I would like to see change about getting items and IM . I will tell that on Banners like example but it could work for all items.
    My imaginatons was that you can get all items and difficulty would not be based on some rate but on your work. For players who doesn t have time there could be that items in IM like now in BB but without trash like BE and KG and for others it could be farmable like KJ dung .

You would be farming ES for 255 ES there would be NPC and there you could change 255 ES for (lets call that banner Token) 1 Banner Token.
    In other NPC you could change Banner with 100 % for 50 Tokens. Numbers would be based on item Rarity .
    It would be keeping paying grinding and farming players in game .

But i know there is a marketing and other stuff , and this will probably won t change . But i would like to know your opinion and other players for that system . You don t have to take it like suggestion or something else :). I know that Development and everyhing is up to Company :)

6. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Are there any plans to change the pay to win aspects of the Item Mall here at RedFox?

At GamesCampus we could only obtain these items from the Item Mall:
    • +1 and +2 scroll(s)
    • Dragon Tear, Dragon Scale
    • Dragon Blood
    • Fabric Pouch for Wild Silk Clothing and Silk Belt
    • Dodge Pills, All Attribute Pills
    • Iron and Jade Separators

There's a lot of gambling involved with these items as well. To obtain the scrolls you need to spend $100+ on opening Blue Boxes. To get Wild Silk Clothing and the Silk Belt you need to spend ~$250 to hopefully have enough to trade for the collection. If that wasn't enough money for a single player to spend already, you still need to spend another $60 for tears and scales to attempt to refine a single weapon.

Now add on another $60 for Dragon Bloods in attempt to get a +10 clothing piece. Multiply $60 by 5 to account for every slot, and you're sitting at another $300. Sadly, spending $60 per cloth isn't guaranteeing someone a +10 piece either. This is just too much for a single player, and especially too much for a single player with multiple characters.

I feel that it's a great change to the costume system having everything available for creation in game. It is quite an expensive road to crafting costumes through the assembly system in game though. I can see quite a lot of players buying into getting a costume before it's available in game for those reasons. How much will the new costume introductions differ in stat bonuses?

Then onto the experience gain that we're all used to now. After Acclaim, we've been spoiled for around 6 years now with weekend long x2 ~ x5 experience events. There's also the Wednesday ~x3 experience days that were added to the normal weekly events. The biggest problem I personally have with these events is that it leads to an empty server until the events start. Are there any plans to increase the base experience gain rates so that these events won't need to be run as often?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    ThaydoCB, Maxim and Spite like this.
  7. Lianel

Lianel Active Member

I think that this questions you have to adress to redFox cuz they are making this policy and starting XP events . :)

8. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Here is my concern and whilst I personally do appreciate the developers actively communicating with the community, I do have some issues I want to bring up. In the space of 9 years, since the beginning of Acclaim, where have the developers been? I've seen so many of these 'letters to the community' sort of posts where the developers or someone responsible for the management of the development gives us reassurance and promises and the without much hesitation drops us immediately. I'll post two of these that I'm referring to:

Letter from Joshua Hong
    Letter To the Community

I feel like you've only reiterated the same sort of message that we've already seen twice and both times have brought us nothing, yes there has been new content but at the cost of losing our accounts once again.

In this letter, Joshua conveys his sincerest apologies and claims he would feel disheartened as a player but this is now the sixth publisher to take control of 9dragons as once again all of our progress throughout these nine years are absolutely gone - nothing to show for it. Most if not all the content you provide us has some sort of financial tie in and often the content is entirely useless without spending some sort of actual real world money. Would you be able to explain, are a lot of these 'Item Mall based content' the developers doing or through the fruition of the publishers?

The other concern I have, is this going to be one of those random occurrences or does the development team plan to actually communicate on a fairly consistent players and listen and respond to feedback or will this be another 'Letter to the community' which lasts all of a few minutes and we never here from you again?

This game has such potential to really go places but there has to be a positive response from not only the developers, not only the publishers but everyone needs to coexist together and collaborate to make this game into something it never could have been.

Since Acclaim we've heard stories that the developers are the ones being 'lazy' and not wishing to do anything. There are even posts in Suba where the staff there explained why the content didn't work because the developers didn't want something to happen or took X amount of time to make something happen. I'm not trying to bash on anyone and if you feel so, I apologise but I'm just not sure what to believe, who is actually telling the truth and how much of what I read from staff isn't just propaganda to keep us happy.

The only thing I want is to be able to log into my character a year or five years from now and know that I will have access to it and I won't have to be scared that by the end of the year we're going to be deleted and changed again. I love this game with a passion but I cannot take much more of being thrown around from publisher to publisher.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    shakra1973 and Icynoob like this.
  9. yougetsnada

yougetsnada Member

Much love man, a game with a developer who cares anouph to be honest and show us he's all in for the game is a game I'm more than willing to invest in, both with money and time. Best of luck man hope the game comes out exactly how you want it, I'll be waiting with anticipation.

Icynoob likes this.
  10. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

@Blitzcronk is life lol keep it up bro (your like @Fullneo but in better ENGLISH LMAO!) [love you both btw]!!!!
    Im concerned about this *upgraded* version. Let us know what is different compared to the current Korean Server!! Please developers. @JongWonGames
    LACK OF COMMUNICATION
    • Don't get us started with this whole *developers* are going to be *communicating with us* just to leave us hanging all over again.
    • I can respect you not making the promise rather than saying you WILL communicate with us and lie and never come back.
    • You guys have forced us into a corner that has given us some trust issues.:(

Lawan likes this.
  11. JoongWonGames

Sry I'm not very good at ENG but as I can see, you're saying all those craft and systems with rate is too much, right?
    I do agree with your idea and I'm working on those kind a things for sure, not sure it will suit your request but I'm sure that
    We can make a difference in crafting system this time. Like you mentioned about costume system, we're going to make it lot easier to get it in game not spending lots of dollars to make it.

I know that Crafting system in 9D has been a huge stress for many players, I won't promise anything before the real changes but I'm sure we can provide better crafting system on this version.
    Our developers also agree that crafting rate is too low which might gives too much stress to player, so hopefully, you guys might be able to have better chance to get those items after OBT :)

Thanks for your concerns !

Spite, Lianel and Icynoob like this.
  12. JoongWonGames

Hello mate, I'm so sry about your experience, Got nothing to say but sry :(
    I'm not making any promises or "please trust me" kind a message, just trying to say thank you guys for long time interest in our game, after CBT and OBT, I'm sure you guys can understand what I ment by "Upgraded version".
    I know there was lot of changes this publisher to that publisher and it's our fault :( but all I'm trying to do is provide well made game to you guys :). So, after you play our new version at CBT/OBT, I'd like to talk to you again about our game.
    I do have strong trust in RedFox games and that's why we decided to launch new version with them. So I hope this time you'll be able to play 9D for long term :)
    I'd like to write manythings but my ENG is to short :( so please understand even my message is kind a rough...
    Anyway, thank you for the idea and I'll work harder to provide better game to you guys :)

Blitzcronk, Lianel and Icynoob like this.
  13. JoongWonGames

Hello mate, I'm sure the cash shop will have lot more items compares to the old version, I'm working on the new cash item list based on KR version. it's not 100% done yet so I can't share the information but I'm very positive it'll be much better than before.
    and about the price of items, I'm very sure that RedFox Games will manage that with no problem :)
    Also, after we launch CBT, I'm sure that GM will take care of EXP events so you guys can enjoy game during CBT ~ OBT

Thank you !

Icynoob and dixbutts like this.
  14. JoongWonGames

Thanks mate :) I know we do have history in 9D and made lots of mistakes, but we're working very hard to make positive changes to make our game better, I really hope this new version becomes a turning point for all of us.
    Anyway, Thanks again and enjoy our CBT in Feb 4th :)

Icynoob and yougetsnada like this.
  15. Mobius787

Mobius787 New Member

Thanks for your messages and being semi-upfront with us, but it makes no sense why someone who cant speak english well is tasked with speaking to the community about the future...you're saying a lot without saying anything at all.

16. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Maybe that's the point lol

PlayeR and Mobius787 like this.
  17. Mobius787

Mobius787 New Member

It is indeed, as blitzcronk has pointed out. Even though I know whats coming, it will be fun to play pvp server with everyone on the same starting point. Like old times, if there's enough players for the server :)

18. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking your time to reply to us. I know you said your list wasn't 100% done, but I am curious as to if any of this is being considered as content available to the RedFox version?

New premium buff?

• 100% EXP
    • 100% Kung Fu
    • +40 All Attributes

[​IMG]

Growth Package?

• 7 Banner Vouchers?
    • +10 Weapon Voucher
    • 5 EXP for 30m
    • 5 10x Kung Fu EXP for 30m

[​IMG]

Icynoob and Sponk like this.
  19. Incognito

Incognito Member

What im worried about it since you said were getting an "upgraded" version. this version is planned for kr 2? i hope so as if not then eventually will will be run into same place in games campus having two different versions you have to develope for? of course some things may be felt needed to change but anything that should maily be changed should be item mall or rate related such as xp %s or balence. if your thinking about adding new content here you should also think about that content implementation in kr and vice versa ifd u adding ocntent there just make sure you think a little on about its implementation over here at red fox

Icynoob likes this.
  20. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

Hopefully this new *UPGRADED* version means some new faces and hairstyles at character creation ;]

Piromanu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.