Hello, I'm Paul Yoon From Joongwon Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoongWonGames, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges - we don't have Acclaim anymore, they didn't attempt to get us back. I wouldn't personally speculate on why we didn't get the database, would only bring up arguments.

2. Kuro1986

Kuro1986 Active Member

True won't change a thing either way. What's done is done. At least I know for a fact almost every VGM knew what was going on, on the last day. Kane decided to open up about it. Most of the VGM had their weapons upgraded to +11/12 on all their characters as well for the TGW spawn spam fest in BP by Kane for that whole reason. Some even had 400 base stats because he knew that the database wouldn't transfer, so why not give some people a little fun before it ended. Though he only did that for the VGM he actually liked :p .

But that past is the past. I hope this time we can expect some great things for 9Dragons. Though a new texture rework to improve the graphics wouldn't hurt. Not saying to build a whole new engine. But improved textures on everything would be a nice upgrade. But I guess they need to improve the hit boxes and stuff as well then depending how much difference the new textures would be compared to the current ones.

3. Blitzcronk

Fair enough response. I think they would need to work on optimization before they introduce new textures or models as that might ramp up how laggy the game could get. I've seen frame rate drops in Hefei on an i7 and a 960 in the past.

4. Kuro1986

Kuro1986 Active Member

I have a i7 these days and even in CC on some parts the frame rate drops a lot mostly while using LF. And that problem has been in the game since acclaim days. Didn't matter if you played windowed or full screen. Also the lag can go up to the point the game freezes in hefei depending on how many people with high ref weapons and flashy deco's are gathered in one spot.

But still a little improvement in graphics could help this game out a lot. The older this game gets, the less new players it can get when they still use outdated graphics. Simply because the newer generation gamers all want the new stuff, only a small group of the new generation can appreciate the old school ways and looks. Just take a look at the graphics of games already being released this year like Black Desert Online (I know not F2P because of their community wanting it to be B2P). It's really amazing, great graphics and a lot of customization options on characters. When people who are new to MMORPG's are looking for a game and see BDO and 9D side by side. They going to try BDO first, simply because it looks better. Even the old games from PW/PWI have beter graphics then this one. But 9D has a certain appeal to it, which al of us who played it know and love. And we know it's better then most modern games. But new players might miss out on it, because they think it looks to old.

A few years ago I was actually hoping for 9D2. With all 9 intended clans, improved graphics, added maps, tournaments in hefei on the tournament spot (in between the clan gathering spots) which got never used, more dungeons, more mobs, more quests, new weapons and so on. Still do. But for now I hope they can indeed optimize this one and try to improve it. I won't compare Joong to blizzard, but even WoW had it done after a while because a lot of people where complaining. And because they did improve it, they didn't lose as many players as when they hadn't done it. And even got new players because it didn't looked outdated anymore.

5. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Improved graphics...hmm..and what's 9dragons 2 about? Saw the joong page there was the start screen of 9dragons 2 lol.
    I'm really interested in that...hope they don't troll us with this Version e.e

6. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

You don't know what you're talking about, anyone who played G1 knows why they didn't get the database.

Even Indi21 made a official statement about it.

To make things clear, Disney have only ever owned publishing rights to the games you mentioned, all they actually owned was the database's, and they tried to extort G1 with the 9d database.

And if what you was saying about G1 was true, they would not of taken the time to build everyone a new template character, something RF refuse to do.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  7. Kuro1986

Kuro1986 Active Member

Lol, I wont even go into a discussion with you on this. Think it will be pointless. Things made public and things that happen behind the scene's are two completely different things.

But on a side note, I don't consider one facebook game the same as a MMO game like 9D and the other games. It's nothing but a simple browser game.

8. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Oh yeah you must know all the inside info :rolleyes:

9. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Marvel: Avengers Alliance
    Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon
    Star Wars: Commander

Are you ever able to give any accurate information?

10. Kuro1986

Kuro1986 Active Member

So now you come with a list of the mobile device games they have. Which I already said was their main focus. Did you read my post at all?

Anyways I, like Jon Snow I know nothing XD OldE-mails.jpg Btw that is a screenshot from my old inbox XD. I had no inside contact whatsoever XD .

11. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Let's keep this thread on topic. Please use the private message function to communicate with each other. Thank you!

12. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

adv clans is an old ideia. publisher switched and that ideia got killed so not going to happen any time soon
    the game is way to old for them to worry about a graphic update.
    story line died with the end of 2nd role quests so not sure.
    we get more dungeons and items when they get developed. and the server is barelly 1 day old. give them a break on updates...

13. PimpPoweR

PimpPoweR Member

The typical braindead 9d player boosting his post counts with an useless reply that makes no sense at all........

MOUSE likes this.
  14. Shiriru

Shiriru Member

- It is an idea back when Indy21 were developing the game. I still see no reason why it can't happen. If JW games have manpower - aka. coders for example , they just have to create it. I don't find it THAT much harder than adding a whole new map or dungeon or w/e. I can't even understand what is stopping them ? I know they aren't a major company and probably have a handful of people working on the game, but I still think, it won't be hard for them to create the 3 adv. clans, considering the starting point is already out. There were even some very old youtube videos of Korean version, showing scythe weapons - main weapon of black dragon clan. Adding new dungeons and bosses isn't my definition of fully upgraded 'renewed' game, it's just the same old same old with different names and looks.
    - Graphic update is more trickier, because it requires a new or modified game engine, but many 'old' MMOs have done it. I can live with it's current graphics though.
    - The story will continue IF, they create the adv. clans. I hope so much for that day to come, because as I said earlier, adding just new maps with new mobs to grind and new bosses to kill for some armor, is getting old and boring pretty fast.
    - I don't feel more dungeons / items will be healthy for the game. UNLESS they create new dungeons for lower lvl players, or rework the current ones. VoH/CoF dungeons are weird for first timers. Boss loot policy is also a bit weird and promotes solo runs, instead of party ones , so i think that should change.

And for all those who don't believe in adv. clans idea, i say are just holding the game back. JWGames can easily make them, if they really want to deliver us a brand new experience and renewed game.

Take care !

MOUSE likes this.
  15. Kuro1986

Kuro1986 Active Member

The first two dungeons are designed to do on low levels in the original version of the game. It was acclaim who actually made them harder. At the beginning you have RTE quests that takes you too CoF a lot and can be done solo if you build your character right on early FD. The quests them selves also promote solo runs. First parts of the quest tells you to kill a certain number of mobs, and there aren't enough to go around for 2 players let alone more. Same goes for the final one, you need to kill the boss. Only final quest you can do with a party in CoF is where you need to get the seal from the pots for the beggar quest (the npc, not the clan).

In my personal opinion I like this more. This way you can get used to doing dungeons before they start getting harder to do. And during the quests for CoF they teach you how to do them with it's story and mission.

16. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Paul, where are you?:eek:

Piromanu likes this.
  17. Vrangsinn

Vrangsinn Active Member

So this is several days late, apologies.

But was wondering, in cbt, did I see that the hd/wt skills were now available at basic clan skill npc (HD's Carnal; idk WT's name)? Was that just for cbt or will it always be? How would vaga get ahold of those skills then? :<

18. Blitzcronk

This will be normal as there has always been a basic clan NPC. The Vaga received the skills through RTE quests, they didn't need to be in any clan base.

Icynoob likes this.
  19. Vrangsinn

Vrangsinn Active Member

Yes, but I understood that the quests were streamlined so there weren't so many before you could get into the clan. Whereas during cbt you had a couple of Bamboo quests then started RTD. I did not do a single Hua Yan quest, who normally gives Demon fist/saber/LF. These were purchased from Carnal. I was asking was that just for cbt or will it be that way in open.

20. Blitzcronk

It will be like this from now on I assume, I didn't see any of the HD RTE quests where you got the LF or basic saber, they might have removed it so Vagabonds aren't as viable anymore.

Captainpack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.