How to make a video guide ? (short guide)

Discussion in 'Game Guides and Tips' started by Eroine, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Hello 9D fans !

Having the video competition on, I want to show you how to make a video guide and post it.

First you need to register in game what you want to show as content. You have to have a program that records in game (eg. Fraps or Bandicam). If you have NVIDIA drivers you can download for free Geforce Experience and can record in game very easy.

The interface is friendly user. Press Alt +Z and the windows of Geforce goes in game. Than Alt+9 and start the record. You can register yourself also with microphone/camera on to start give advices.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How To Record Gameplay Using NVIDIA Share?

All the videos you save will go to a folder on your computer as raw material.

[​IMG]

To make a video you must edit the recording/raw format. There are lots of software on the market to do that. Some are free (iMovie for Mac, Filmora) some can be bought with money. You can use also Windows Movie Maker, that is very simple and friendly . Or on you tube you can edit your raw videos using their tools, which is free.

Now, for my video, that was a little complex I used ProShow Gold & CyberLink PowerDirector 16.

ProShow Gold let users make spectacular fraps/transitions, screens and text with FX effects. Please notice if you add lots of effects and don't have a good PC, all could crash or take a lot of time to render.

[​IMG]

You can see the final touch of ProShow Gold here :

From ProShow Gold you can import in another video software like Power Director and start editing and play with effects, text, video speed, light, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After you finish with effects & text, you can start to produce the video in a format you choose. If you make for e.g. in 4K as my video and have many transitions, effects on (like speed), your video will last long time to be produce, like 10-12 hours.

Always keep the original video file in the highest quality format. Whether you are outputting your video into a web streamable format, or burning it onto a CD/DVD, always remember to preserve the original video file in high quality. In general, DV-AVI video files have the best video quality. However, please note that 60 minutes of video can take up almost 12GB of hard disk space, so be sure to have enough storage space. The next best thing to DV-AVI is using a high quality MPEG-2 compressed file format, which enables you to save up to 2 hours of high quality MPEG-2 video onto a single DVD disc (4.7GB).

Table with quality :
    [​IMG]

Producing :

[​IMG]

After you finish to produce, you must make a You Tube account and post the video (with your gmail account can make the you tube channel very easy) :

[​IMG]

After you uploaded the video (can be raw form/ as you fils it ) you can modify also on you tube :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The quality of the video you produce is very important for You Tube. If you don't produce in HD format, You Tube will not make it in HD. Also after you upload the video you need to wait few hour to be formated in HD 1080 to 4k or even a day (I got for eg. 4K in 1 day after I posted).

Don't panic to delete your video and repost it, if you don't see from the start the HD format, just be pacience and wait. The format is very important because gives clarity for the video.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Athuyar likes this.