Illusive branch tradeble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ACAB1312, May 9, 2019.

1. Hellsion

Hellsion New Member

Hello, guys.

Through the spring event, you can get one tradeable illusive branch. Is redfox doing something about the players that make tons of accounts to abuse this feature? Just saying, that it will destroy the economy of the game even more for things like that.

2. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

You're complaining about items getting cheaper?
    And no there is no fix to this, they can still summon the illusives on the acc they recieve the branch from and kill with main character.

3. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

We're banning all accounts abusing signup and are keeping on top of it daily.

MrMonster likes this.
  4. ACAB1312

ACAB1312 New Member

Are u banning main accs or just 25lvl accounts because I dont wanna play in a server with 3 people after u ban 97% of the population ;) you are so quick on this but it took you noobs 1 year to reply to threads about botters why u make an abusable event in the first place ??? Tards the lot of u stop crying NineArts and man up ;)

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 12:18 PM
  5. rielxph

rielxph Member

Why ban the accounts in the first place? It is not the player's fault but your fault by making an event that wasn't thought of properly. It is funny how quick you are to respond to this but not to the rampant botting that is happening daily on the servers.

6. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

@rielxph and at everyone. Thank you for posting.

This isn't our first event giving out items to our 9Dragons community. However, there are certain people out there that would take advantage of these events by creating non-playable accounts (dummy character name to obtain more items that are given freely from 9Dragons).

Any giveaway with this state would be a big issue. Just as any exploit, hacking, or botting.

It ruins not only the enconomy but also our internal database due to the massive account creation of non-playable character. (Nonplayable character taking character's name of people that want those names)

Additionally, most MMORPG nowadays have botters... they are either using driver, macros, or 3rd parties apps. There's no way of preventing it. The only way to stop it is by working together and demolished them. You may not see our staff's in-game monitoring botters, but they are working around the clock looking for botters. Perhaps they have missed one botter that you have found. As such, this is where we need your help to let us know.

If you, on the other hand, don't want to make 9Dragon's community better and resists on thinking that we depend on the community for assistance. Then we believe that we aren't a community after all.

Thanks for reading.

7. Katkatha

Katkatha New Member

no problems for ppl got 30/50/100 accounts before that, and ppl signed up a tons of accounts yesterday that got banned & blocked items, fair ????

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 10:38 PM
  8. RingoChan

RingoChan New Member

GM's, thank you for your hard work trying to make 9dragons a fun community. Sorry that there are a lot of haters.. .. well, everyone's a critic in some way.

Sure, things aren't perfect, and people will try to exploit every loophole... i mean, what's the alternative? make a game with zero item and gold trading like black desert online, with an auction house that can only price items +/- 20% of their average daily value... the fixes would be very painful x_x

That will make the botters and account farmings disappear really quickly.

9. RingoChan

RingoChan New Member

and if we're going to do a drastic fix like that, might as well take away all passes while we're at it and let players enter for free but limit dungeons to 150 entries a day

10. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

150 entries per day? for fast players grinding that's not even 3 hours of srs short

Yasumori likes this.
  11. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

no reply or reaction doesn't mean someone is certainly botting. When I'm grinding or farming in Kunlun and someone attacks me I just keep hitting my mob until I die, revive on spot on keep attacking my mob. no reaction or anything. Sometimes ppl try to talk to me and I ignore them, or I turn off some or all of the chat channels, or F5 and hide the whole UI altogether to play in peace and therefore wouldn't even be aware of ppl trying to talk to me.
    I get where you're coming from but a lack of reaction from someone isn't a guaranteed indicator of any wrong doing

Yasumori likes this.
  12. rielxph

rielxph Member

I understand, but this is the first time I have seen this type of event which can be exploited by creating dummy accounts. Haven't you predicted the outcome?

13. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

So basically if someone were to run a botting program to grind/farm 9D for them but they had their computer next to them while they were watching a movie or playing a console game or something and were able to react to questions etc quick enough so as to not raise suspicion then they would be able to get away with it indefinitely?

14. rielxph

rielxph Member

They probably would. Until JW or RF can find a way to detect 3rd party programs that is way better than the ancient GAMEGUARD.

15. ACAB1312

ACAB1312 New Member

I ALREADY SUGGESTED A FIX PUT ZOMBIES THAT HAVE A DIFFERENT LEVEL RANGE AROUND MOOB SPOTS AND U WILL SEE IT WILL DECREASE BOTTING A LOT

16. rielxph

rielxph Member

Are you sure about that?

17. ACAB1312

ACAB1312 New Member

Well the more zombies there are the more they will attack them plus like I said before I got info that their program has been updated to avoid zombies to target moobs that are yellow,green,red etc so the current zombies render useless

18. Nekolady313

Nekolady313 Member

yup the zombies are 100% useless they won't target them at all form wut i seen on some of there programs. GM could do a hardware ban easy enough, that would stop ppl from being so careless.

19. Terrasen

Terrasen New Member

Some maybe. but i know a few people that use zombies to farm. using aoes. they can afk level or farm drops by targetting zombies and having their attacks land on the near mobs. Sure more zombies will slow it down, but it wont stop botters in the slightest if any other mobs are near.

20. rielxph

rielxph Member

This is off topic but I thought of a viable solution to combat bots. I dunno if I have seen this in other games that I have played. So here it is.

Put a captcha system in game wherein if you are online for a certain amount of time, it will pop out and as you to input code using an onscreen keyboard like the PIN. There should be a count down timer to input the captcha and if a user fails to input the correct captcha, he will be disconnected and forbidden to login for x amount of time. I am sure implementing this system is easy for the devs.