Is this game worth getting into?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arcaneultima, Oct 15, 2019.

1. arcaneultima

arcaneultima New Member

I've been looking for a wuxia/martial arts inspired game for a long while that could run on a crappy computer. I just found out about this game and apparently this game has a split fan base. I am new to this game, and kinda scared based off of reviews. Is this game unplayable a f2p ? Is it a horrible grind fest. Is the story any good? Please tell me.

2. VietGermanGamer

VietGermanGamer Member

From a returners perspective (some days ago), it is really hard for newcomers. The skills are nerved to such a way, you can't do much without spending lots of money. But luck is on your side. With more than half of the community above all ranks you can get powerlvled to a certain lvl. From there it can be, but won't always be, farming items and so on. Story was fine in early days. Pretty much running around and finding things. Sometimes you will find some nice views. Search for a guild/band first and checkout the guides of the other players :)

3. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

pvp is not as pay to win as people like to make it sound...

if you wanna be the very best.. Yes " YOU AVE TO SUPPORT THE GAME" AND REDFOX WILL MILK YOU...

If you wait a little every item Redfox milks that is worth while becomes accessible..

right now all u need is a lvl 4 pet... and u can farm all the worth while stuff...

4. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

Arent you one of the ppl that dropped cash to get the last new relic from last event?

And yes the game is very Pay2Win. Worst its ever been. Every event is Item Mall based. You may be able to obtain the item, but to lvl it up pass the lvl you get it, includes use of the item mall.

Every item in game does become obtainable by all players, but at the same time, they are then obsolete! So by the time you get said item, there is new bigger and better items in game, so your new item is now worthless.

So you decide! Play and Pay or PlayAndGoAway!

Some of us, like myself just hang stick around and hang out with old friends from Acclaim-RF, but thats bout it.

Anyways dinner time!

dixbutts likes this.
  5. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

i assume u mean kunlun beads, or seowang...

Again get pet lvl 4...
    If you not willing to invest in anything.. has 0 to do with pay to win.. has to do with your unwillingness to spend..

in which case.. you just wanna enjoy the scenery then...

***************************************************************************************
    Yes... I got it the same day it came out.. was one of the easiest non gamble relic ever.. TY REDFOX..
    *********************************************************************************************

So far I see no obsolete items in game... flags can be upgraded.. kunlun beads are always useful and can be upgraded.. banner.. useful and can be turned into flag.. event marbles and items, always useful..

I think this is a case of you finding no use in a lot of items...
    but they still are useful.. and not obsolete..

well maybe to you.. yes.. But that is personal preference...

Can you use every single relic?... no you cannot.. so you gotta choose and leave some... does that make it obsolete.. NOPE

Fun fact, my friend made the relic.. without spending money.. why? cause he sold all his kunlun drops and loots..

so where you able to get Relic.. YES YOU WERE...
    did u have to loose everything you spent yeard farming.. Yes you did!!
    is the Marissa worth? HECK YEAH!!

BUT.. you personally.. Maybe not.. Cause I am aware you had more important Issues to deal with...

And good to see your in full capacity.
    ************************************************************************************

New potential player.. You are going to fall in 1 of 3 groups..

1.)People who spend $30 and feel they need to get everything....

2.)people who farm.. and use their in game stuff to trade for cc to get stuff..

3.)people who understand that game has to run on something.. which is money... and do not expect stuff for free..

Most people fall in number 1..

thanks to gold sellers, and Redfox business model.. certain event items are harder to get.. even with money...

Yes.. I said it.. Redfox events deal mostly with RNG..

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  6. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

There is way more than enough stuff to stay busy. A bunch of friendly helpful people. Gold is easily farmable for f2p people it just takes a little time. It is easy to lvl up.
    If your looking for a f2p mmorpg game to kill some time 9d is an ok game for that.
    Like others have stated if you want to be on the upper end of the pvp ladder you will have to pay.
    Oboy who got him started lol.
    He is right though...this time.

7. Theposter

Theposter New Member

Hello all,
    I started with this game when it was still in acclaim hands and when it switched the publisher for sometimes. I often thought about just to jump in the game once more. How is it for fresh starts? XP-rate to level up? Does you got something to level up faster, I don't like to gamble with **** XP rates till icy for example. Since I leveled dozens of chars already. Does new player get something to help them level up faster?