New ranking system (with icons)+populating am/pro/semi channels again.

Discussion in 'Etc' started by KizunaKen, Apr 5, 2016.

?

Your opinion on this suggestion?

1. I like this suggestion!

91.7%
  2. I don't like this suggestion!

8.3%
  1. KizunaKen

KizunaKen Creator of Burst

They're like ghost towns most of the time, if not ALL the time.. We need to think of a way to populate them again.
    Here's my suggestion:
    Please be sure to vote after reading my suggestion.

-First, have a ranking system that reflects the user's overall performance and place it next to our names, similar to the colored gems, except easier to understand. (for example, stone, gem, diamond, bronze crown, silver crown, gold, etc.) This icon will show up next to the character's name on every channel.

-Next, every week (or couple of weeks), make EVERYONE start at a channel called Unranked. And then, at the end of it, give out prizes based on what channel you made it to. (different prizes every time) Afterwards, our progress resets back to Unranked and we start over. What wont reset, however, is the ranking system mentioned above. That way, players will know of others' skill level no matter what channel they are on.

Free channel will be the same.

Here's my suggestion to make these new channels to reflect this change:
    -Unranked - haven't won enough matches to get to the next channel and become eligible for a prize.
    -Amateur - various Tier 1 prizes
    -Semi - two Tier 2 prizes
    -Pro - Tier 3 prize
    -Deity - The cream of the crop. Make this channel hard to achieve. Tier 4 prize.
    There would probably be little to no incentive to play on this channel once players make it here. Unless:
    -There could be a Tier 5 prize for most wins on Deity channel. Allowing greater risk for players.
    Probably make this a 1v1 channel.
    (The prize for this tier would have to be extremely good though.)
    Unless this happens between every few weeks to a month, the prize tiers should probably not stack. (probably)

The overall ranking icons for players could be:
    Stone, Gem, Diamond, Bronze Crown, Silver Crown, Gold Crown, Shiny Platinum Crown.
    This will at least make newbies aware of other players' skill level.

One way that this could be exploited is by people making private rooms. In that case, disable private room creation on those channels. If you want private rooms, go to Free channel.

I think this will be a good change in the long term. Success would also depend on nimonix putting up prizes that are appropriate and worthwhile. (especially the high tier prizes.)

It's not perfect, i realize that this isn't exactly beginner friendly. Maybe we could use the ranking system for some sort of matchmaking channel, i dunno. If you guys can think of something to add to any of this, then please let me know.

UPDATE 1: Another thing people could to get to the top easily its putting on huge amounts of stats.
    This can be mitigated by reducing all player stats to a certain amount on higher channels, or all channels.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

There should be a huge points increase for the player to punish those who try to suicide round2&round3 after the first round win. It was a huge problem in that one mode where u could buy tickets to 1vs1 people (forgot what the mode was again, but it had that in either GC or OGP)

3. KizunaKen

You mean points decrease for the offending player right?
    How bout this:
    The sooner a player dies in a round, the more points that will be deducted to that player(s). That way, if somebody wins the first round and suicides on the next 2, they could potentially end up with negative points in the end.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  4. KizunaKen

i didn't mention a ranking system in the title. so i changed it.
    pls vote if you like/dislike this idea!

5. RamboCreativity

RamboCreativity Active Member

Seems legit
    /support

6. Venerfont1

Venerfont1 New Member

i support! i would love to see this! this would also help the beginning Rumble fighters dramatically! it would just make the game so much more enjoyable! I support 100%

7. MasterAme

MasterAme New Member

If this gets implemented, I fear.. I fear it will share the same fate as our 1v1 Deathmatch channels... :(