People who think saying no more boxes in 2020 does anything

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tengu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

[​IMG]

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

JediCub, tamirtov and FluffySheep like this.
  2. dictionary

dictionary Active Member

At this point with how dead the game is, buying boxes is probably the only thing generating enough money for them to keep running.

3. allhailgordon

allhailgordon New Member

maybe they really should stop bringing boxes and end this game's misery already :cool:

4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

People like you need therapy. Just quit if you got a problem instead of wishing ill will on the game other people still enjoy.

5. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I mean, you legit probably cau sue RedFox for boxes tho. I think you would even win the case to. That gambling aspect is and them rates OD bad. Not saying this will happen tho, just saying it could. Might as well let bro keep dropping them $1000 to pay for RedFox servers anyways.

6. allhailgordon

allhailgordon New Member

i will strongly disagree with that therapy part :p . quitting? yeahhh i guess ur right :(.

oh btw, you made 2 of a list of my favorite scrolls. nize work

Tengu likes this.
  7. Shavo

Shavo Well-Known Member

I mean you took the time to make the post so i guess you’re the bigger clown .

tamirtov likes this.
  8. DankDankDank123

DankDankDank123 Member

Too bad people are still dumb enough to buy them.

9. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You'd get laughed out of the room if anyone tried to make that case j s. There are way sketchier forms of pseudo gambling legal all across the country, RF and its boxes are an h2o particle in the f***ing pacific ocean.

10. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

You do realize just because other people do something and don't get sued for it doesn't mean that you won't right? Obviously I don't think no one will bring this case it, but there is a case to be made.

Tengu likes this.
  11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Again youre addressing an H2O particle in the middle of the pacific ocean. If RF didnt go down for ripping whole scrolls from tekken characters they arent going down for a scheme even Triple A gaming companies are using.

12. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

My whole point is that they could go down for it not that they will. Even based upon reading your reply you agree with me that what they are doing could get them sued. You even bring up another point of copyright that I haven't even thought of.

13. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

The copyright thing got beat in the 90s w Street Fighter vs Fighters History. Its all free use. I dont think they can get sued. I really dont. There are bigger fish in the sea than the paedocypris that is RF.

14. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Anyone can get sued, as long as you have an argument to bring up in court (which there is). Whether or not you win is all depending on what the judge thinks at the end of the day. Worst case scenario you lose and both you and redfox spend a lot of money on lawyers. Best case scenario you win by providing evidence of copyright and gambling mechanics (which the evidence is present).

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Again, H2O particle in the pacific ocean of other faaaar sketchier but legal pseudo gambling. Precedent has already been set by larger companies thats protecting them and others from litigation. It wont happen bc if it happens to a small company it sets a precedent that could happen to a big company and said big companies wont let that happen.

EDIT: Also good luck suing a korean company bc you can't sue RedFox, its just a hosting company.

16. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I can see this going back in fourth all day tbh. I am just gonna leave it at I know you can get sued but no one will do it because money, time, and no one really cares that much.

17. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

This isnt going back and forth, you just dont want to agree with reality :p like I already said the case would go nowhere because if a small company goes down for pseudo loot box gambling it sets precedent for cases against larger companies and said larger companies make sure that doesnt happen by setting prior legal precedents. People care and will sue over anything and nothing. If they could sue they would because it opens the door to sue bigger targets. Time is a non-factor if you care and/or know you can win money. If what you believe to be true was actually reality we wouldn't still have loot boxes anywhere if they were a legal liability.

18. Vireckkk

Vireckkk New Member

aint no saving this game, plus yall wont be able to play much soon anyways, so go ahead and chargeback LMAO

19. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Tengu likes this.
  20. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Sue Redfox for what, 50 bucks? lol But seriously, I'm very skeptical how far this can be taken. There wasnt a guilty verdict or anything like that, they stated theyre operating lawfully but still settled for a cash amount. When this starts affecting League of Legends and/or Steam Products thats when you know the ball is rolling.