Questions For RedFox Staff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YawehxD, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YawehxD

YawehxD New Member

1st - What exactly is being done or has been done to prevent ddos attacks on the servers and onto players (What is being done from preventing people from getting ip addresses from players)

2nd - Why has the Steam community and forums been ignored? Are there even any mods on Steam helping Steam users? I see a lot of unanswered technical questions on their forums with little or no answers.

3rd - How effective would you say your current advertisement strategies are?

EDIT: My Main is KingxD posted this thread on my ALT by accident but [GM]Toast seems to be answering questions here pretty

EDIT: My main forum accunt is KingxD posted this thread on my ALT but it's ok.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

"Thank you for your positive feedback. We want to go further in detail with your inquiries -- please send us a ticket, and we'll respond most prominently in the next few hours."

Pasha likes this.
  3. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

1. Our servers come with extensive DDoS prevention, so at the sign of any DDoS attack, the majority is blocked before it reaches our servers. Regarding onto players, our anti-hack and client have been detecting IP-tracking software and killing the client if it's used. The process is also hidden from several programs that can be used to detect IPs. It's not perfect, but we're focusing on blocking all common and private programs used for IP logging purposes (on Rumble Fighter).

2. I will admit that our Steam community has been neglected, however we are currently making strides to making Steam a more comforting place to interact with Rumble Fighter. You will see changes in this area soon.

3. I cannot share information like this to third parties or users.

BeeBee, HumoLoco and Draygashi like this.
  4. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

4. What are the current plans RedFox has to bring a more competitive scene to Rumble Fighter? If ddosis being prevented more is it possible that RedFox can request that Nimonix birngs back 1v1 Streak? 1v1 Streak could have been a very competitive game mode IF the items in 1v1 Streak was actually decent. If Nimonix creates new clothing items or new stuff in general for 1v1 streak prizes every month then people would definitely love it.

5. joaodzara

joaodzara New Member

5. Is there any plan to address old and very well known bugs or a more effective anti-cheat system? (Given that people are basically deleting a game file after the update is done and getting Godmode too easily. This plus all the old bugs we all know that have been here since the game first launched)

6. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

4. Definitely. Once we have taken out the majority of IP logging software, especially a privately used one, we will heavily urge our developers to bring back competitive 1 vs 1 modes back. At the moment, we do not feel safe launching large scale tournaments due to the sign up procedures. In the previous tournament, there was an insane amount of fraud, we are still uncovering to this day. We have had to take away prizes, revoke tournament entry, and ban accounts among other things. Once we figure out a better system in detecting these fraud attempts, we will launch tournaments as much as possible.

5. We have old bugs and glitches well documented in our system. We urge our developers to work on it every once in a while. Game breaking exploits and glitches, we work with our developers so they're fixed day of. Regarding anti-cheat, our developers recently have taken strides to encrypt all the files, so file editing is made difficult or impossible. The client is also made so if the client is not fully updated, you should not be able to run the game. We know there are some private hackers out there, but we are working on cracking on this issue. We have also updated our banning policies so users can expect to be permanently banned for fraud and hacking. We are hoping it makes it so it is less enticing to hack.

BeeBee and Draygashi like this.
  7. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

6. Though of dedicated server? cuz @HumoLoco said this

KingxD likes this.
  8. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

6. HumoLoco's question is basically, why doesn't Rumble Fighter have a dedicated server instead on relying on p2p connection?

HumoLoco likes this.
  9. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Indeed.

Nimonix and RedFox didnt realize how is dedicated server is really benefit them.

It will help between America and European connection a lot no pressures around us and da lag less and less.
    It will end the ddos attack, cuz we are not able to expose all ip address.
    Even more than what p2p gave us a shetty benefit.

Yet the hell what the f**k nimonix do with our money? They could've afford the dedicated server long ago.

10. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

Ugh, so no demolition tournament? Okay. I’m uninstalling again. See y’all in the summer

doston8 and HumoLoco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.