Return the Damage Values back to normal!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draygashi, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Hey, remember this thread? They gave Rumble Fighter and Gem Fighter a "new damage formula" as quoted from the Help Desk Support Ticket. It was said that, in the thread I linked above, that this damage update was to narrow the gap between players. Does it really help out narrowing the balancing gap between players? Does it even work at all? Or do they think they're actually fooling the playerbase into thinking everyone does around the same damage?

We also have not gotten the Ranking Gems that were promised in that link...

I'm here to answer that.

Let's go back to before this Damage Update took place. With 20 STR, usually any Scroll's first punch would do 80 Damage flat, 90 for first kicks. (This does not apply to ALL Scrolls, it was the ground basis for damage back then). It did not matter what class you were using, 20 STR with a Soul Fighter did the same damage of 80 as an Alchemist with 20 STR. For every 1 STR you added, it would increase your Damage Value by 1. 20 STR = 80 Damage, 21 STR = 81 Damage, 22 STR = 82 Damage, ect...

Now, fast forward to present day (May 18th, 2017 [05/18/2017]). Damage values are not what they seem. The HP bar does not drain any faster despite over a 100% increase in the numbers you see when attacking. Damage is also now valued by which class you use. Strikers with 20 STR (Get the Suit from the Event BM with -5 STR putting you at 19, then add 1 more STR from any clothing/accessory) deal 171 Damage. We jump from 80 Damage in the past, to 171 Damage in present time and the enemy's HP bar does not drop any faster than it used to. Now it isn't the same as before when adding STR in intervals of 1...

When adding STR in intervals of 1 on a Striker here is how it goes up:
    STR = Damage
    20 = 171
    21 = 173
    22 = 173

23 = 175
    24 = 175
    25 = 175
    26 = 177
    27 = 177
    28 = 180
    29 = 180
    30 = 182
    31 = 182

Technically, it still goes up as 1 STR = 1 Damage, as I did an 11 STR increase and got the result of an 11 Damage increase, but it's not quite exactly the same. Some STR amounts keep the same Damage Value.

If this were fixed, here is how it would look:
    STR = Damage
    20 = 171
    21 = 172
    22 = 173
    23 = 174
    24 = 175
    25 = 176
    26 = 177
    27 = 178
    28 = 179
    29 = 180
    30 = 181
    31 = 182​

Onto the class depending on the damage values you see. Even though the damage values are wrong, displaying over a 100% damage increase when there appears to be no different in how fast the enemy's HP bar drops, here is a damage comparison between the classes to further prove that the new damage formula is broken and needs to go:

Striker
    STR: 24 Damage:175
    [​IMG]

Soul Fighter
    STR: 20 Damage: 166
    [​IMG]
    STR: 24 Damage: 171
    [​IMG]

Elementalist
    STR: 16 Damage: 157
    [​IMG]
    STR: 24 Damage: 166
    [​IMG]

Alchemist
    STR: 18 Damage: 162
    [​IMG]
    STR: 24 Damage: 168
    [​IMG]

(All of these damage values were obtained from going into Training Mode and punching the bot one time with Default)

Here are screenshots of the stats used for proving the results above:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a video of a Striker with 25 STR dealing 175 Damage vs an enemy with 3000 HP and 25 ARM:

37 Hits x 175 Damage per hit = 6,475 Damage towards HP.

Stats are shown in the video below

Here is a video testing out Avalon Damage.

Maka has 3000 HP. My ExoCore's attack did 1300 Damage without an Avalon, and almost 1500 Damage with an Avalon. Wouldn't that mean 2-3 attacks at most would kill Maka? Apparently not, it took 5 attacks each with and without the Avalon.

1343 Damage x 5 Hits = 6,715 Damage towards HP
    1498 Damage x 5 Hits = 7,490 Damage towards HP

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Kohst, royelone, tamirtov and 5 others like this.
  2. Draygashi

Misc Damage Testing

114 STR vs 104 ARM
    191 Damage
    [​IMG]

57 STR vs 104 ARM
    112 Damage
    [​IMG]

114 STR vs 52 ARM
    263 Damage
    [​IMG]

57 STR vs 52 ARM
    184 Damage
    [​IMG]

Proof of stats:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kohst, Remotoe, SkitRf and 9 others like this.
  3. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

I remember this dmg change causing the avalons to bug. If the changes get reverted, I wonder what this could mean for the avalons

I remember Dexter not pleased about this situation. I haven't seen him in forums since then

4. wolfDee

wolfDee Well-Known Member

Soo you've broke this down and no administrator responded, fixed the issue, gave compensation to those who have grinded and spent time and money for their stats all to be taken as for a joke. False advertisement and all on hundreds of players without a damn to give. This company is so unethical it doesn't make any sense. It's ironic how players are dropping like flies. This man literally broke down the whole system and explained how everyone got scammed and was disreguarded.

You can't tell me a GM hasn't seen this ****.

5. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

GM dont have time to see this af. They do have time to response to someone who has money.

Shini9ami, MagnumChaos and tamirtov like this.
  6. Shavo

Shavo Well-Known Member

Finally a useful thread

SkitRf, Draygashi and tamirtov like this.
  7. KneesToes

KneesToes New Member

I would appreciate a logical damage system, but we know that this can't happen, as long as hacks are a thing...

They are the reason stats got nerfed (even though it didn't prevent hackers from hacking)

Draygashi likes this.
  8. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

These numbers are quite interesting, I assumed the reason behind the damage not equaling the same for each class even though the strength is the same was because theres more to the damage formula than (strength - defense)... Then I you showed twice as much damage dealt than opponents HP. Which means the true problem is the value being displayed, its clearly incorrect. I'd love if a GM actually addresses this.. o_O

9. Draygashi

I've been getting instant DQA responses, but we'll see if anything gets fixed

alcandy1 and tamirtov like this.
  10. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Before spending 500$ on a STR suit you would hit like 140 on a First Punch instead of 80. Now with some crit and all you will hit 300-400. More people want these big numbers.

Asides from that, This is totally stupid, Should be reverted. Tons of players made guides to help. Company does nothing but steal money from its players without any Wiki's, guides, etc.

BeeBee, Draygashi and tamirtov like this.
  11. astroboy215

astroboy215 2022 Un-Fashionista

PLEASE FIX THE DAMAGE VALUE RED FOX..............................

Draygashi and tamirtov like this.
  12. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Hopefully they make the necessary adjustments. ​

Draygashi and tamirtov like this.
  13. Draygashi

14. BeeBee

BeeBee BeeBee

Thanks for doing the heuristics Draygashi! What little testing I did alongside yours would seem to suggest that Strikers are tankier than Alchemists now. It's all so unnecessary and confusing just for a few bigger numbers.

15. Draygashi

It's like what Tiny said, they wanted to make it SEEM fair for the little amount of players we got from the Steam Launch

alcandy1, tamirtov and Flamekiller like this.
  16. BeeBee

BeeBee BeeBee

Says a lot about the expectations they have for their target audience, huh? :(

17. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Because the 13 people who play RF through steam are so important..​

tamirtov and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  18. FluffyAnimal

FluffyAnimal Member

Its not going to get fixed, you can tell from the lack of communication between redfox/nimonix and the player base and the quality of the updates (garbage).

tamirtov likes this.
  19. Gwennifer

Gwennifer Member

I think it's a floating point/rounding error, especially in regards to stats. Default does 74 hit on the first punch as noted here. A friend of mine noted that the damage values increased by 225%. Dividing by 2.25 and doing the math as normal *appears* to give the normal results. The training room dummy has an armor value of 20, so with a strength of 20, Default's first punch will do 74 damage. It's off, but not by as much as you think.

Striker: 175/2.25=77.777 floating, -4 = 73.777, rounded up to 74. No change.

Soul Fighter: 166/2.25=73.777. No change.

etc, etc, at least for no added str.

Of course, this no longer holds true when you add stats to the mix. The only use case this appears to work for is a base 20 strength SF.

@Exocore/Avalon: base damage of that overdrive is 593 damage. 1343/2.25 is 596.888 floating. Maka has 3000 health and 5x that overdrive is 2985 damage. It is interesting, stats don't seem to be scaling correctly, even when you correct for the bugged damage display. There's a discrepency of 15 health, or at least 3 per overdrive. That's a lot more than a rounding error at that point. Is it possible that the value isn't 2.25, but 2.24? Either situation adds rounding errors to normal hits.

Avalon: 2 each A/B/C, 1 D for striker exocore damage. Two C for exocore damage. +73 overall. 1598/2.25=710.22 floating, much more than the expected damage increase of 73 to 673 damage based on the earlier test. I imagine you could count the pixels and get a more accurate idea of how much damage you're actually doing, but 710 appears to be correct given how little health they had before the 5th hit.

In any case, the damage discrepancy post-Avalon is quite high and way more than can be expected of a simple rounding error, almost like a cumulative error. I wonder if every instance of Avalon gem is counting separately?

Keanu and tamirtov like this.
  20. Gwennifer

Gwennifer Member

Mm, no, no amount of math-fudging could make up for the difference post-Avalon. There's always about 40 base damage missing.

tamirtov likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.