Rumble Fighter Summer 2 vs 2 Tournament Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [GM]Toast, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

We are excited to announce that the Rumble Fighter Summer 2 vs 2 Tournament is finally underway! The Rumble Fighter team at Red Fox Games wanted to take this opportunity to create a live discussion thread for the tournament.

In this thread, we expect users to:
    • Talk about the tournament and tournament results
    • Let us know what you like and dislike about the tournament
    • What you think we can do better in our next tournament
    • Contribute to a future ban list for future 2 vs 2 tournament modes
    • Actively engage with staff and other players about future tournament rules and guidelines
    • and more!
    Good luck and have fun!

Shana, Flamekiller and [GM]Shadow like this.
  2. ishadowhero

ishadowhero New Member

Our opponent havent accepted our friend request yet, we got the whole week to do our match?

3. [GM]Toast

Yes, you will have the whole week, up until next Monday, 11:40 AM PST.

4. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

With the prizes being as good as they are, and reviewing all of the players IGNs on the entry list, I am assuming this tournament is going to spark a lot of tension. I suspect players are going to be DDoS'ing each other, and there will be a constant dispute over this tournament even after the tournament's time period is over.

Shana likes this.
  5. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

You should clarify CRI stat limits, as it hasn't been done so thus far.

I'd actually prefer players recording their matches instead of just a simple screenshot.

Bl1tz and Shana like this.
  6. [GM]Toast

We have looked into CRI stat limits. Unfortunately, we do not have any previous tournaments that explained CRI limits. We have looked at the forums and asked a couple of players in game, but never got anything specific. What do you think the CRI limit should be?

7. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Crit limit should be no more than 100

once it hits 200 Crit and higher, it gets ridiculous

8. Draygashi

You clearly didn't see me showcasing 560 CRI in my closet video lol

Technically, CRI (and LUC) is based out of 1000. 10 CRI = 1% chance to score a critical attack. So with my 560 CRI, I have a 56% chance to score a critical attack. Note, this was also without any pouch items such as Eye of Critical and Superior Magic Stone, AND without the CRI Rune.

But with 56% chance to crit, I was pretty much landing a critical once out of every 2-3 hits or so. Stacking CRI is much like stacking the STR stat except less guaranteed to land that damage.

I had 50 STR and 560 CRI. I was doing damage as if I had around 80 STR when my critical hits landed. If you'd like I can link you my video with timestamp.

EDIT: Actually, that information is useless. True Battle has almost all stats set to default. Not completely sure, but for the most part Avalon Drivers / Skill Books are completely useless in this mode.

EDIT 2: @Starberry confirmed that stats such as CRI and STR do stack in True Battle and I was wrong. I currently do not have the game installed to be able to test True Battle's capabilities.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  9. [GM]Toast

I can see your point now. It looks we may have to add a lot more rules and guidelines in the future.

10. Draygashi

Literally one of the first few matches and players are already disputing. It's also going to cause more uncertainty with players recording their own matches or just being without staff supervision.

There should always be a staff member, or at least a fully unbiased party, spectating all matches.

11. Starberry

CRI stat limit should be 250 in my opinion. It's plenty enough and should be equivalent to the STR restriction since I believe Magic Stones & Eye of Critical Damage can be used (which they give additional passive chance to CRI).

I'm there to record the matches in my spare time so fraudulent activity (example : running away) is lowered to a minimum.

I tested earlier and stats do still work in the mode, but anything related to Avalon Drivers doesn't work. (Don't know about passive & active stat boosts).

Draygashi likes this.
  12. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

Crit limit should be roughly 200. Also, think about changing finals stat limit to 40- instead of 50-, this has respectfully been the guild war stat limit ever since it went mainstream.

Can you make a 1-3 letter IGN an optional prize for 1st?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Draygashi likes this.
  13. [GM]Toast

I talked to the team and we all agreed what @Starberry is doing is both helpful and amazing. We will look into adding tournament ambassadors in the future to help record and stream matches. These applicants will be vetted to make sure they can remain as unbiased as possible.

For IGN prizes, we will have to talk to our team about that, but we believe it is doable for future tournaments.

Draygashi likes this.
  14. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

There should've been unbiased Community Advisors for a while already. There are only a handful, even less, that can be trusted with the positions but still a step forward into helping the game grow. We saw a shed of light when you nominated Draygashi as the Discord Mod but that died out way sooner than I thought. Probably too late for it to even matter now.

Shana and Draygashi like this.
  15. Draygashi

The Discord server was doomed to fail the moment it started. The severe lack of moderation, including myself as I am just one person with a life just like everyone else, there was just no keeping everyone in check at all hours of the day.

Shana likes this.
  16. Starberry

You should also add that the game is quite unstable sometimes (disconnecting while typing....)

It should be added as a recommendation that players relog first before proceeding with the match so make sure there's the lowest chance of game closure as possible.

Shana likes this.
  17. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

Pointless at the moment and doubt having them will bring back the large amount of players that left.
    you don’t need the title community advisor to help out.

Shana likes this.
  18. Starberry

Just a quick update earlier from @Draygashi 's post.

The following Avalon Driver gemstones are working so far in True Battle mode after some testing :
    Power of Gemstone <HP/SP/STR/ARM/SPD/JMP/CRI/LUC>
    High Tention <HP/SP/STR/ARM/SPD/JMP/CRI/LUC>
    Critical Double
    Rear Ambush
    Iron Skin
    Enhanced Muscle Back

Post is subject to changes as time goes by.

Draygashi and Shana like this.
  19. Visionnnn

Visionnnn Member

Sorry this is off topic but I made a post two days ago and no reply on it yet dude to it not being I guess verified by a mod, or something?

20. [GM]Toast

My apologies. The thread has been approved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.