[Serious] Carats Discussion

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

Hello everyone, happy Friday!

We'd like to discuss Carats in Rumble Fighter:
    • How hard is earning carats?
    • About how many carats do you personally earn per day?
    • How many ways, off the top of your head, are your go-to methods for earning carats?
    • Any other reasonable discussion regarding the topic of carats.
    Please keep all discussions relevant and on-topic. Any disrespect, flame, or unhelpful comments will be removed.

Note: This thread is subject to change.​

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

It's very easy to earn quick carats, boss mode would be the fastest way to earn carats.
    Using luck and/or bonus carat item in boss mode and playing during Power hour increases your carat gain. In other modes same thing bonus carat item and playing during Power hour.
    I play boss mode for carats on average I rack up 20k-60k a day.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    tinytinytintin and Windstorm like this.
  3. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

Earning carats is relatively easy in Adventure Mode, the opposite for battle mode.
    I typically earn 10k~45k, depends on my patience with disconnection issues (for all players in the room)
    I have only 2 methods of earning carats.
    1. Arena + Silver British
    2. Adventure Mode + Silver British/Lucky Key
    Since I can make an output, I'll go ahead.
    Thank you for keeping Metatron and Black Out's limited time purchase setting intact. That really makes me happy since those scrolls are two of a kind, not to mention, my favorite powerhouses in the game.

4. GDKChIraqScam

GDKChIraqScam Member

Z

tinytinytintin likes this.
  5. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

I play mainly 1v1 Blacktop and Glacier Team 4v4, and the carat output is generally too low for the effort you have to put to actually WIN the match compared to easier modes such as NHAA or BM
    I think that battle mode carat output should be increased

tinytinytintin, akai99 and HumoLoco like this.
  6. Zhire

Zhire Clean Up Crew

I know people say that doing boss mode is the go to way to earn carat, but for some people, boss mode gets very boring and repetitive. It then becomes a chore and most people don't have the hour in the day just to grind carat from boss mode. Nonetheless you still earn a decent amount of carat if you have the time and patience.

It's the same with NHAA. It really boring and gets old quick. Arena is fun but there's not much Arena rooms anymore.

TL;DR
    I guess what I am saying is that either make earning carat easier or make it more fun to earn carats.

EDIT: I earn most of my carat from daily carat coupons and just carat coupon drops from Daily Reward Box. Most of my carat are earned through coupons and very few percentage actually comes from playing the actual game.

7. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

I feel like the carat gain in this game is just fine, due to the daily quest boxes. You can 500 to 1k carat coupons from the boxes, they give out silver britishes, too, and they also give you medals. So just playing the game can earn you a decent amount of carats.
    (Just a fun fact: The highest amount of carats you can make without modifiers is 150 carats per match, in all game modes. BM is a bit nicer since you can get extra carats from enemies. It would be nice if HPing someone in Battle or Rumble mode could also sometimes cause coin drops, just like in BMs. :3 )

If I were to suggest to change anything, I'd say re-introduce an incentive to complete all 14 daily quests. It could be something small like getting a free Enigma Chest or Lucky Chest, or it could be something big like getting a free BFE Blue box. (Personally, I'd go with using one of the really old boxes that haven't been in circulation for years, like the original Gold Box or the Gold Box GS2 or what have you.) Just something for completing all 14 quests per day. :3

(Sidenote: I wouldn't mind seeing some new low-cost clothing, scrolls, and exocores. (Low-cost being 12k carats and under.) I'd especially like to see a 5k carat exocore of some sort. )

tinytinytintin, Windstorm and Keanu like this.
  8. EvilMarvin

EvilMarvin Well-Known Member

BM is indeed the fastest way to earn carats BUT I find that grinding BM is the FASTEST way to lose interest in RF too because of how boring it is.

9. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

I usually earn 10k from daily quests and logging in alone.

10. Cloud94

Cloud94 Active Member

carats...now this is funny. Stressful and time consuming to earn for those that don't have the time to grind adventure mode or w/e...seems like only legitimate way to earn in to passively have a black dragon one while you shift arbitrarily between game modes, there is still the daily quests, and of course the random carat coupons from pretty much all boxes...

11. LilPastry

LilPastry Well-Known Member

I don't have the stats for bm, so grinding is a little difficult.

If I do really well in a room, I can maybe get 200 carats. For oh, a 5-8 minute game or however long three matches last, plus loading.

Or I can NHAA and get a decent amount, but it takes a pretty long time.

The only "consistent" way I have of getting carats is the daily quest box. But if I get screwed and just get pots or wings, I just don't make much money that day.

Getting carats is a pain, imo.

tinytinytintin and AzurealZX like this.
  12. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Earning carats isn't necessarily difficult but do I want to grind BMs for it? Nah, it's tedious and just a bore. Besides the daily quests and occasional lucky chests, I make about 5k carats a day. If I am in dire need of carats, I buy the ABC shirts and resell them for 35k carats.

If the lucky chests were in the shop that would be cool though. Means more money for you guys and Nimonix anyways.

Fraud, tinytinytintin and akai99 like this.
  13. LilPastry

Lucky chests in shop would low-key destroy the rc/carat economy like it did gaia online and maple

14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

How hard is earning carats?
    Kill 7x 3 = 21(wipe out) in one game = 500~600 carats, but exp is decent it gave me almost 6k exp.
    It is hard to earning carats for the new player, as unfair the amount.

About how many carats do you personally earn per day?
    About 30-50k(Mastermind game.) If I play like three- four hours would be 15k~20k.

How many ways, off the top of your head, are your go-to methods for earning carats?
    I usually doing KOTH(King of the Hill), battle mode, and rumble mode. Not much make alot of the carats. I would like to see them make a double from the current, but make a triple carats for new player til they reach 15 level.

Any other reasonable discussion regarding the topic of carats.
    You know what the best is? The log daily for carats and playing hours to get lucky chest.
    They are helpful. They should be stay, because it really fast making the carats for semipro and pro players, no idea for new players.
    If they make a double for public and tripe for reaching 15 level, then this event should be stop. If not, then this events should be remain to stay.

REFER: http://forums.playredfox.com/index....-free-carats-for-logging-in.8013/#post-122312
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index....time-is-now-continues.8012/page-2#post-118112

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  15. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Destroy what economy though? Redfox already clarified for users that they do not support trading in any form; as far as they're concerned they're just gifts. As for Nimonix who knows if they're really working on a trade system? We all know they've been "working" on one since we were on OGP.

I suggested this because there are plenty of games that allow you to purchase in-game currency. They're usually made available in packages. Having this would certainly be profitable for Redfox and Nimonix.

Hopefully whatever Nimonix is working on isn't a currency-type trade system. An inventory based one with some type of fee would be better.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  16. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Agreed.
    And everyone cannot define the gift.

17. LilPastry

"It's not technically a trade it's a gift."

You know just as well as I do there's never going to be a trading system.

Seven. Years.

We have gone without the most basic of mmo systems. Yet you're going to tell me "we don't know"

Yes, we do.

And in terms of economy, let me lay it out.

Jim has 1.2k rc. He needs carats.

Sally has 60kc. She needs Carats.

Normally they would trade, but Jim buys lucky chests and gets 100k total. Jim has no need to trade Sally. Sally is boned.

tinytinytintin and akai99 like this.
  18. akai99

akai99 Well-Known Member

Using real money to your advantage, me like.

19. Credibleblock617

Credibleblock617 Well-Known Member

Its pretty hard to get alot of carats on battle modes tbh :c

tinytinytintin and AzurealZX like this.
  20. Hyuponia

Hyuponia Member

How hard is earning carats?
    • The carats come as I play the game, so I wouldn't say it's hard to earn carats, it's just a matter of whether or not you're paying attention to every carat you obtain from game modes.
    About how many carats do you personally earn per day?
    • If I play for, let's say, about the usual... 2-3 hours I spend on the game, I can earn about anywhere from 2,000 - 4,000 carats. That's simply from me just playing as I usually do, that's without me forgetting I have a nearly permanent +12% carats from my Avalon Driver
    How many ways, off the top of your head, are your go-to methods for earning carats?
    • Free for all Moon is my first and foremost method, as that's mostly what I play anyway. and second go-to method would probably be screwing around in demo, as the longer you live the more carats you'll get.
    Any other reasonable discussion regarding the topic of carats.
    • If the majority of players do agree that obtaining carats is too difficult, then I would honestly just suggest that the number of base carats available be, at the most, doubled what it currently is. So instead of getting 150 carats @ +0% bonus for getting above the set amount of experience points, make it 300 carats @ +0% bonus.

tinytinytintin and Zhire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.