[Serious] EU Players, let's talk!

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

From what I've seen there is a decent amount of EU players (45-60)
    Not much compared to the estimated hundreds of NA players
    Reason why people say there's no EU players is because they get on at a different time during school/work hours within North America due to time zones
    I have no opinion on the actual thread matter though

Windstorm and tinytinytinytiny like this.
  2. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

This. A lot of the players who quit would likely come back if we got our own server with our own staff. The problem is, it takes time for the word to spread. If they only find out about it 3 months after the server is made, then it's already too late.

3. Galvatron

Galvatron Active Member

i go Free - NA to play during the day. Don't lag that much but they do kick you if you tell em you're EU even if you dont lag.
    After 6 - 8 PM GMT. i guess that's when the NA players start logging in? it starts to get laggy. I head to EU after that

4. YeahFoes

YeahFoes Well-Known Member

Make a EU server but let NA visit for fun sometimes so NA's top 1 (me) can go head to head with EU top 1.

5. Triizii

Triizii New Member

What's the point in having a seperate server for EU only then?

6. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

Ignore my student please.

7. Vital

Vital Active Member

As pretty much all the other EU players said are we a small community with about 25-40 active europeans. I don't know whether making a seperated server for us would solve the problem. But as far as i know did many players quit because they lost so much stuff from the transfer from OGP and didn't feel like starting over. To be honest i guess making an EU server would make old players from EU interested in playing again because this game is mainly lag. Both NA and EU could enjoy playing without any minor lag.
    Every time i join the NA server i always get told "you lag" even though i have 70+ ping with most of americans. From my own experience i quitted playing RF after the transfer because i felt betrayed and didn't really enjoy the game as much anymore. If I didn't start again this January and were still inactive i'd say that i would actually come back to the game if I saw EU had their own server and i feel many inactive EU players might do the same.

Windstorm and Tides like this.
  8. BLACKKING

BLACKKING Member

Boy add my accountaccount

Windstorm likes this.
  9. YeahFoes

YeahFoes Well-Known Member

Because I asked for one?

Windstorm likes this.
  10. WiseSohan

WiseSohan Active Member

this dude tiny is just liking everything

Windstorm and Yusuke like this.
  11. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

I guess he wants to be an anti-troll. Like everything but not even make a single post.

12. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

@[GM]Gourdy
    Change connection system :) please give us full Player to server connection (like other games ) thats all . In my opinion that will solve the problem . If you cant do that just make thread on forum to vote for EU server , Tell us how Many People we need to start EU server . Thats all .
    English so good ,right :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  13. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

This
    Basically sums it up
    I doubt a cross over to P2S is reasonable at this time.

Pasha likes this.
  14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I never had problems with the eu player in gwing, but in the free channel, barely time. I live in america and have no idea why I have no problems with the eu player's cning.

15. TyrannoRobot

TyrannoRobot New Member

Should lock NA player and EU player from each other like there will be NA Free Channel and EU Free Channel and players need to pay 500 carats to go to other Channel per a day. Like if you are EU players you need to pay 500 carats to get to NA channel per a day. Amateur, Semi, and Professional could share together since no one there anyway!

16. Firefly

Firefly Well-Known Member

Not really enough players in EU to justify our own server, though I admit I'd probably start playing more if there was one dedicated for EU

Trypheno likes this.
  17. Stefan

Stefan Member

I was moving around în search for a solution and figured out something:
    We need a better connection with the server host
    We need EU game moderators and community advisers
    We need our own server and here come the long explanation:
    If the connections are fixed, how would the game be working fine if we mess anytime with people switching channels just for having 'fun'. This causes instability in our way to grow our community back. Yes, we do need our own 'free space' just because somone killed most of it(you guess it, GC) and I could call it favouritism back then, when we started 'fresh'.
    We are in need for GMs and CAs that will strictly axe on EU community, but once again, no point if we are running in circle.
    In my opinion, I can say that most of our community 'died' right after the game moved on GC portal. We have a diversity of players, by that, I mean, all around the Europe, so, different timezones.
    If events would run in a global way what would stop the communities to join one to another even if they are at a different specific time. We can't 'secure' our community grow if we're going to split some channels.
    We need our own server, our way for the plays.

18. Stefan

Stefan Member

Also, if needed, advertising would be a solution.

19. SinisterSix

SinisterSix New Member

I propose the LOCKING of eu channel for eu players, so this way we avoid the inconvenience and so the eu players are forced to play only on eu channel. I.m EU by the way. :)

20. Paradox

Paradox New Member

If EU gets its own server, many eu players who quit because of lag will come back. This is weird, but a large number of the european players quit because of the "1 bar issue" which many of us had, including myself. We have 1 bar for almost everyone in EU and 2 or 3 bars for NAs which is weird and It's fixed by playing on a VPN, which I did and got me banned for account sharing on the last host. I don't how that works but back in RFEU no one had that problem and my connection was solid 4 bars all the time.

I would like to say that if EU gets its own server I have 30 players from my computer class ready to give it a chance and start playing. People who will most likely come back will bring in their friends and the player base will grow even bigger than the one we had in RFEU, because this game is more known now and if it launches on steam I assure you the player base will duplicate.

I think that the player base problem will be solved once a separated RFEU server is created.

And regarding the trollers who will join other areas server, I think this won't be worth mentioning as it will happen rarely. It's not comparable to the population of the European continent trying to play RFNA in free channel because the 3 rooms in EU are full.
    And newbies will most likely join free-channel because it has a lot more rooms.

TBH creating a separated EU server will make both Europeans and north Americans happy.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Duhart, Tides and Stefan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.