[Serious] EU Players, let's talk!

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sympinger

Sympinger Member

I will ask him, will reply if he did.

2. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

I'm basing it off this, btw.

3. Sympinger

Sympinger Member

[GM]Gourdy if you have any questions regarding EU you can ask me or Tides. We are in contact with most of the old European players and we can ask them for opinions and bring them to these forums.

I also worked together with the [GM]s at gamescampus to create a few events for the Europeans such as EU Showdown.

Proof:
    [​IMG]

4. Vurtune

Vurtune Active Member

If anything, I'm more fit to contribute to this as I was asked to be a RM but can you stop with the CA wannabe-ing it's already been 3 years

Paradox, Pasha and Trypheno like this.
  5. Sympinger

Sympinger Member

XD that's what I love about the EU community, no one ever changes, I am glad to see you still rockin man haha.

6. TyrannoRobot

TyrannoRobot New Member

Just Regional lock from Free Channel is the best choice since EU and NA want their own channel and they could play with each other through amateur, semi, professional, guild, tournament, boss mode and other channel.

Duhart likes this.
  7. TyrannoRobot

TyrannoRobot New Member

Events won't work for them anyway since EU and NA time zone is different. Lag is a big deal since either EU or NA will like it and that affect player numbers who want to play this game!

8. Antasma

Antasma Active Member

Oh boy... this will not work at all.

9. TheMattychu

TheMattychu Member

The game itself is based on a Player to Player connection. The lag can't be from the server unless they're crashing.

10. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

Please tell us why not Garry.

11. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Should be more optimistic than that, I mean..a [GM] is finally trying to have a decent convo with you guys :D.

12. Antasma

Antasma Active Member

Everyone is talking about how the EU community can be rebuilt, about how they can bring EU people to the game, but let's face it, what's to say that they will stay? How long would it take to build a stable EU community again? It would probably take longer than a year, that's if providing the players that are new or do come back to the game stay.

13. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

What's to say they won't? They did on OGP. So if we really are able the get a server of our own, I think people will stay. (Just like they did on OGPlanet.)

How long would it take to build a stable EU community again?
    I would say half a year would be enough.

Second, what do you think of the poll Sympie made. 94% of 235 people supported a EU server. At least half of these supporters were EU.

14. Antasma

Antasma Active Member

Yeah no, half a year defo isn't happening, I can already see it.

You have to take into consideration all the differences between this company and OGP, which includes the cost of real currency items (albeit minor compared to other things) I could list all the differences but I really don't want to.

In the end I don't really care what happens with the EU community, I lost my enjoyment in the game a long time ago and I know for a fact it will never return.

But if you guys want to hope that it will work and want to keep a positive mindset on the situation then sure be my guest, don't let me be the party pooper, good luck.

15. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

There are obvious issues. Income, lack of players, no EU based staff, stabilizing the server.

Before creating a separate server for European players, you should of course advertise the return of one first. As some EU players are stating, they have the willpower and connections to spread the word, so let it be spread. I for one support a separate server, and am aware that many others, both NA and EU players alike, did as well. The move had 100+ supporters on GC.

I tried my best to push the GC GMs to create a separate moderating staff for and from Europe, because one of their biggest and most unfair issues was the fact they couldn't participate in events. Due to both lag and the time difference. Which brings me to the conclusion that it would definitely not be alright if there would be no moderating staff from Europe... which Gourdy stated there would not be. If anything, Tides should handle them. Not trying to speak for him, of course, since my boy has a life, but if it went down like that, he should be your first choice.

I'm rambling and not really going in depth with how to fix or make this great, but I will edit my post once I'm out of class (3 hours of psychology... whoop).

Ninjitsu likes this.
  16. Pocajong

Pocajong Well-Known Member

Isnt a good example of this like the league servers
    Just moving it alone caused so much problems, backlash, and other disagreements
    Sure you got now a better stable net but it took nearly 2-3 years to do with a sht ton amount of money and problems that arose from it
    Also making a game go from p2p to p2s is a huge jump your originally taking the game that was made for a close knit tight infrastructure like korea where everyone had 8 ping to another continent where everyone has such a huge distance with each other latency issues will arrive

Anyways thats my 2 cents from this

17. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

-_- EU server located in USA seems logic .

18. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

You make us, Europeans, seem stupid.

19. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Idk, but i was 1st who said about Player 2 server connection . You should say thanks if They gonna do this ,bcuz that will help alot .stop riding diks and think sometimes .

20. TyrannoRobot

TyrannoRobot New Member

We have no room in Amateur, Semi, and Pro because when we log in to RF we automatically went to Free Channel. (Also this is the reason why EU channel isn't active) Back in Ogp or when GC first started we were automatically went into Amateur, Semi, or Pro depend on the player level. Those channels started to die when they changed it. New player don't know what going on about channel and they need to face a lot of pro and give up the game more easily. Now RF only fun for old player. I keep running into the same old RF player all the times. Please change it back to we usually be. Thank You!

Duhart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.