[Serious] EU Players, let's vote!

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Mar 10, 2016.

?

Potential EU Server Options

1. Yes, open an EU server and lock my account to servers based on IP.

2. Yes, open an EU server, but don't lock my account to servers based on IP.

3. No, you should look into region locking certain channels.

4. No, don't change anything! I love RF just the way it is!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocajong

Pocajong Well-Known Member

Stupid idea
    You're proposing that they just take away the entire infrastructure of a p2p server just so the EU or even NA can get a p2s
    NA wasnt even supposed to get this game but Nimonix took a gamble and just did it worked out fine even with the huge lagg here and there
    Anyways not only will that take time but a huge amount of money, besides after the debacle of merging servers you lost a huge majority of EU participants that pouring money into something that "might" not work out is extremely huge
    Even lets say we get a p2s you now have to outsource people to run the servers and god knows this game isnt hugely popular so your risking not only the company further tanking but you just wasted a sht ton of money on servers that not many people play
    The pros dont outweigh the cons
    The idea isnt full proof
    The idea has a 80-20 chance of succession

Manners, LastGoD and Yusuke like this.
  2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

The money alone would be enough to scare Nimonix away from this.

tinytinytinytiny likes this.
  3. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

I've seen like 200 People (New players) who quited RF after couple days of playing ,cuz of laggs . If Redfox and nimonix want to make Money on RF Then They should make good server with Player to server connection . Ye i know that ,They will have to change game abit cuz of that ,but its best option to make New people stay -_- . Look at mmorpg games ,you can Play with people from almost every country with no laggs (if They have a good Internet Speed ) . There what Redfox have to do : Make a strong server with full Player to server connection ,connect with steam ,count Money !
    Idk if thats do hard to get it -_-

4. xgone

xgone Active Member

you got no idea how much each eu player spent in the past how much Money nimonix made with the EU server.
    You just cant assume stuff like that withouth any freaking type of proves!!!!

5. Pocajong

I dont think you understand what timeframes it takes for even the server to fix remember this game is a P2P server read what i said above you gotta go to nimonix and ask them and theyre gnna say no obv
    If it aint broke dont fix it is probably their motto
    Even lets say you get to have a p2s for EU
    Now you gotta do it for NA and KR and maybe TW if that sht exists anymore
    You see what you start now? Even more money to be dumped
    Again High risk Low reward

Flamekiller likes this.
  6. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

I'm not disputing that Nimonix made money off of EU. They've made millions off of everyone. What I am saying is that I agree with Pocajong's thoughts that the costs for removing P2P and replacing it with P2S is just too much for Nimonix.

tinytinytinytiny likes this.
  7. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Not only too much, but it would be time consuming. Also, I don't even know if devs or publishers make money from these servers.

Yusuke likes this.
  8. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

25 votes so far, keep it up! Appreciate any discussion of the available options. As I've already stated, we will likely not be changing the connection type, as it is too costly in terms of time and money.

Also, note: if any of this discussion changes your mind, you are free to change your vote! Thanks, everyone.

Flamekiller and Yusuke like this.
  9. NotReady

NotReady New Member

Option 5: Rename "Free Channel" to "Free Channel - NA" and maybe then EU players will know to stay in the EU channel (unless it's completely empty).

I don't think most players know this game is P2P, or what P2P even is. So most EU players probably don't know the distance between us causes lag. Or maybe they don't mind sacrificing the chance at playing a game without lag for the convenience of being able to join a populated room to play a game quickly without having to wait too long..

Even if the vast majority voted for option 1, I don't know why anyone here would think EU would actually get their own server. If it were to happen, it would have already happened on GamesCampus a long time ago. I really want to be proven wrong though.

Also, I don't know where you got the idea for option 3, but I highly doubt NimoniX can pull that one off. It's been 3+ years and they still can't figure out how to fix a glitch where the game doesn't load and just freezes.

10. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

I guess you dont know how it works ,but lemme Tell you :) Nimonix only need to change some things in game ,so Redfox can start with p2s connection server . They dont have to do this for JP od gem fighter ,why? Bcuz its up to developer ,if he want to have a game with p2s connection or not . Redfox making server not Nimonix ,They just have to change some things like making Rooms to make it work .

11. Stefan

Stefan Member

Seems like you're thinking wrong. Let me explain how thing works:
    RedFox does own a server. On this server the data is stored and taken to be used by the players. The things that RedFox staff is in duty to do are maintenance(check any data loss, check the resources consumption, any data malfunctions), moderates the game(GM), doing events, checking community problems and desires(solving them if applicable).
    On the other side, NimoniX will have to do the most work in order to change the type of connection that you are willing to use on the game. Let me give you an example. You are the player, RedFox is the provider(the host of the game) and NimoniX(the developer). On other way said, NimoniX is the program, RedFox is the internet connection, you are the customer.
    RedFox has no right to modify the game. As long as I know, the Rumble Fighter game and all rights of copyright are reserved under NimoniX Trademark.

LastGoD, Flamekiller and Duhart like this.
  12. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

I said that Nimonix have to change some things ,before Redfox can start with p2s server . Read my whole text before posting ,ok?

13. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

I chose the second option. It's fair and reasonable. That's honestly all that needs to be said. The pros are obvious and I can't really pinpoint any cons other than the one Gourdy pointed out in the original post.

I will add, though, the biggest pro and main reason RedFox should invest in a European server is because our most recent publisher stripped their server from them, creating a plummet in the EU community, resulting in a plummet of sales, of course. This would make them extremely happy, as well as the NA community.

Ninjitsu likes this.
  14. Stefan

Stefan Member

Sorry if my post bothered you. I read the entire post and that's what I understood of it. Once again my apologies. Tried to be more explicit.

Trypheno likes this.
  15. Xer0o

Xer0o New Member

Obviously, we should pick choice 2. Though it won't give a clear indication of the playerbase for EU and NA, at least there are player variation from time to time in these two servers. This can help build up the 2nd server of the EU community and let players who are in NA (like me, how awesome am I right) to play with EU players occasionally. Being able to play on both servers and have occasional events locked for each server based on your location can help prevent people server hopping as well. I believe that helping EU build itself up with the second choice is favorable. Plus, it'll be fun.

16. Shavo

Shavo Well-Known Member

They need there own seperate server , lag with Na and Eu is mad hectic sometimes

17. Pocajong

Why are you apologizing hes completely wrong your post is correct

18. Righteousness

Righteousness Active Member

I don't like Eu but don't give them their own server.

The Eu playerbase is so minuscule it would just be a complete waste of time.

So just don't bother at all. The Eu playerbase is like 20-30 players and saying 30 is being generous.

19. Triizii

Triizii New Member

Do you have any real evidence or statistics to support your statement?
    Look at the poll made on GC.
    Almost 250 votes if I remember correctly and 100+ of them were European players.
    Just because you're American, and you can just kick all European players to avoid lagg.
    Think about the European community. What can we do about it? We can't participate in any fighting events due to lagg.

It's not about the size of our current playerbase, but about what we can do to increase the European playerbase long term, and bringing back old, aswell as new European players.

vikke99 and Otobo like this.
  20. Vurtune

Vurtune Active Member

Classic american ignorant.

Take into consideration that our playerbase has been as much as NA's before GC took over and just because you're not seeing the same amount of players willing to start over and spend all the money again you assume that EU only has 30 players. Ignorant and oblivious.

On-topic though: First choice is by far the best, contrary to what other people said. You really think we want Foes and Ziggy come on EU on alts with hitman and pretty much modem tapping more than they already are against their own server's players?

Also, that Pasha random who suggested player 2 server connection is pretty dumb, no offense intended but don't get into these matters unless you know what you're talking about. This is not OGP and they don't have a server in Germany like they did. Player 2 server would mean having an EU RF whose server is located in the US, meaning we'd all have 100+ MS to each other because we will have 2 bars to ourselves because of the distance. P2p is by far the safest option here and it's never going to change into P2S unless they have a server located in EU.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.