[Serious] Feedback on Current Happenings

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inaros

Inaros Active Member

He just solved it with suggestion 2. Everytime someone gets a gift, we should add an option to accept or decline. If it's decline then the gifter gets rc back. For example, if someone finds a random gift and they accept. The money is charged back and they get banned. It's their fault for accepting it.

Yusuke likes this.
  2. Inaros

Inaros Active Member

Actuallyy u can get perm exos for 500rc

3. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Yeah it's time that players were held responsible. Too many people claim it's not fair or they shouldn't be banned. For example Katia who openly admitted to letting Virtu log on his account and purchase rc which turned out to be fraudulent). Also had Loser had an option to deny the gift virtu sent him, he wouldn't have been banned.

Fraud and Inaros like this.
  4. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Outside of the Top 10 Scam Boxes?

5. Inaros

Inaros Active Member

AI EVENT: The prize is way to weak for an event that's month long. Make it like two weeks or raise the prize. I also took the Lucky chest you get at your 10th run as the "participation" prize. It would have been good if u got it at EVERY 10 runs or EVERY 20 runs but the fact u only get it once kind of crushed me. Also if u can add a title that would be great so that people can remember that I won an event. Wore it Best Event: Nice event actually I don't know why people complain. 500 rc is an amazing prize to me. I just hate that you have to spend lots of carats/rc to make cool set but I guess that varies between players. Private message: I'm single O.O

6. Inaros

Inaros Active Member

Yes exos like thunderstorm charger and rock golem. Edit: Do you want more??

7. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Sure, make a list if you want. I thought Thunderstorm Charger was carats though

8. Inaros

Inaros Active Member

I'm ok just wanted you to know that you should try to make your points as valid as possible.

9. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

I've already provided feedback on the whole gifting thing. Not sure if you read any of it though.
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index....intenance-april-5-2016.4468/page-2#post-71699
    Me, Myself, And Al is an alright event. We've had one before. I guess its cool to be able to say "Hey, I have a bot named after me!" but it really isn't one of those achievements that require a lot of skill. Or can even be considered fun. Just rewards grinding / spending countless hours in a particular mode. Prizes weren't too shabby though.
    I thought Who Wore It Best was a nice change of pace. I mean forcing a player to make a decent set out of such an ugly beautiful item was a pretty neat idea. However the prizes are awful. I'd up the currency reward to 1k if I were you. Gives the (1st place) winner a choice between both clothing and exocores. If it were me I'd also give the 2nd and 3rd place winners an item but it wouldn't exactly be rare. Maybe an ugly great looking RC item and 10k carats for 2nd, 5k for 3rd, and 3k carats for 4th-5th. We have these "gacha" boxes that contain rare items but they almost never drop. I'd keep those in mind for later if I were you. Could be a pretty decent prize for later events that take a bit more effort or even skill.
    It would be great if we could have the player profile back again. Players who wanted to participate would answer a random question on the thread (i.e What did you have for dinner?). Then a random player is chosen and msg'd a series of questions to answer that are due by a certain time. There answers are posted and they get any exocore / scroll in shop (the item could not be boxed or available for a limited time aka event or seasonal items).

I'd really recommend doing events players do not expect. Events like spenders, fashion related events, and tournaments kind of have the "this again" feel after a while. Redfox staff should really make an effort to come up with events that are fair to all of RF's players. Like some players excel at video editing, some art, and others the game itself. Personally I'd love to see something that would throw people off like a ms paint art contest or something ionno. I have no problem with random, just for fun, events with not so great prizes.

Events usually focus on a player's creativity, skill, or effort. And the rewards should are or should be based on those 3 components. If an event is difficult and costly (I'm talking actual US dollars here like enchanting) its only fair to get out a tier 1 rare / boxed item out of it. But if its something like a fashion event, gear relative to the theme, or the "Fashionista" title is enough. Because fashion events are common. Trying not to be specific since you probably have a loose understanding of the value of certain items right now. If you decide to have fashion events regularly by the way please consider eliminating the community vote altogether or disallowing the same person to win twice.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  10. BagOfNotes

BagOfNotes Well-Known Member

• Gifting

I agree with the 10 day system. Although I also believe a longer time duration would be acceptable as well. (2 Weeks - Month) The wait may be long but it is a one time opportunity when trading another player you don't know. The extra time will be a great time gap in which fraud would be less of an issue. Furthermore, if you already have a friend added before this patch or even after the time duration of adding a friend, you won't have to worry about trading with that person anymore. Scamming will always be an issue because, well, we are human and some of us tend to take advantage of other player's currency. But, there should always be ways around this; a common trade agreement with screenshots as evidence of the trade showing date (mm/dd/yyyy), the players "IGN", and what items they are trading for should be included. If a scam still occurs, it is your responsibility to send in a ticket providing the screenshots.

The only other addition I would like to add is that when trading, players should only be able to trade at "Level 25". I think level 25 is a fair time to be allowed to gift because as of that point, you have already contributed a decent amount of time into the game and you want to further your experience by expanding your items. Receiving gifts should remain at Lvl 6 because it will benefit new players. Also protecting ourselves from being gifted illegitimate items is going to be near impossible unless we have some sort of trade system. Nonetheless, im fine with the system we currently have.

TL;DR

• 10 days should be 2-4 weeks
    • Make Trade Agreements when trading
    • Lvl 25 is when players should be able to gift.
    •Receiving should remain Lvl 6. (Correct me if im wrong)

11. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

[​IMG]

Yusuke, Castries and Inaros like this.
  12. Inaros

Inaros Active Member

Flamekiller likes this.
  13. Inaros

Inaros Active Member

Everyone has a suggestion but you. Thanks for helping the game.

14. LilPastry

LilPastry Well-Known Member

Me Myself and AI isn't worth it because

1. I know I have no chance of winning. I have stuff to do during the day. I know that, for lack of a better term, no-lifers are going to get top 10. So why bother?

2. Prizes are kinda ehhhhhhh?

Mainly point 1.

10 days is obnoxious for a waiting period. Imo, 3-5 would be better.

I like that you guys are trying though. Just making this thread says a lot.

On an unrelated note, is there a RedFox Rumble Fighter Youtube channel? It would be nice if you guys could upload demonstration videos of new Exocores and Scrolls as they come out.

Without a shop training "try before you buy" function, I'm often afraid of buying something and going "WHOOPSIE DAISIES THIS EXO SUCKS".

You know?

15. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

If y'all didn't see what I posted the 1st time :

Fix for Trade system:
    allow users to accept or decline a gift but after accepting or declining the gift they would have to use their secondary pw to confirm or Authorize their option. Maybe even adding a TOS(Terms for service for using trading system in the UI box).its Kinda like the resell password to confirm reselling the items an will stop users from saying it was accident as an excuse.

KizunaKen and Yusuke like this.
  16. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

About the Gifting function:
    I think the waiting time for gifting will penalize honest players even more than scammers, personnaly i'm not sure i would even bother trading knowing i might still get scammed in the end. That would leave me more time to think wisely before trading with someone but once i decided to trust the player (Is high level, provided me proof of amount or RC and Carats with date, Rares items in inventory that could not have been acquiered for free, RC items in inventory that could not be acquiered for free, proving he spent time and money on his account and wouldn't risk it by scamming, trade agreement, screenshot) i will have to wait 10 days but that wouldn't guarantee me at all that i would not get scammed. I have allways been trading with players i was 100% sure i could trust and i still got scammed a few times, mostly by players who stole other players accounts and these players don't care about being banned, they scam for fun. it could be 10 days, 5 days or 2 weeks, i don't think this is the solution to stop scammers.
    I would also like to know one thing, are the scammers ip banned or only account banned when they are reported?

About the Me, Myself, and AI event:
    What i like:
    The prizes are cool.
    What i dislike:
    Arn't you asking us to play the same mode over and over again and as much as possible for a whole month to have a chance to be one of the 10 winners? I am not going to waste a whole month playing only AI mode and possibly lost in the end.
    Only 10 winners, if there was a lower prize like 500 RC for the top 10-50 players and 200 RC for the top 50-100 players for exemple i would have participate.
    No participation prize.

About the Who Wore It Best?
    What i like:
    The fact that we must incorporate the chosen items and that they are carat items, i feel like eveyone can participate and every participant has a fair chance to win.
    What i dislike:
    Nothing, pretty cool event.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  17. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

About the gifting function I think it's a bad idea to wait 10 days.
    Moreover I think you need to gift things like "Vindictus mail". You send something for some1 and ask for something. If he accept he will get his item and you will get your item.

18. xTlRex

xTlRex Clean Up Crew

It`s okay. I only gift my friends anyways so it doesn`t really matter..
    And at the top of that it`s kind of better having this option and one is for sure. There won`t be as many scams as there used to be before.

tamirtov likes this.
  19. PhoenixSlayer98

PhoenixSlayer98 Member

the who wore it best seems unfair to some due to the items only being available to males
    gifting could be set back to at least 7 days 10 seems far to long to wait and after 7 if a trade is still wanted and a scam occurs then its to no fault but our own for trusting someone and not getting more proof.
    there could be far better events to bring to community together than me myself and ai
    the prizes for the current events are insufficient seeing as the items cost for a un-guarenteed prize seems inadequate
    also no-one really plays ai battles so having your own name as a bot isn't really worth the struggle and besides that what if a name change occurs will the bots name change as well or stay the same?
    add a bonus such as a tittle or something to show who has won the event.
    and for the who wore it best if not going male and female very least make the events 2 a month so no one's left out for an entire month.

20. yungizaya

yungizaya Member

well gee frend ill take 500 rc buuddy ol pal ps i wud lke my sig by today nt tmmrw guilde =x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.