Skill Bar Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tooji, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Tooji

Tooji Member

Hello, I'm not sure where could I post this.. but I wanted to suggest something for the skill bar.
    I'm quite sure many of us experience a lack of space on the skill bar, and what I wanted to ask is if there is a possibility to add another line above the 2 we have. Making it 30 slots for our skills... the shortcut to the skills could possible be Ctrl + F1-10? or even without shortcut, just with mouse clicking.. it could be more comfortable than scrolling through the skill bars.
    Thanks in advance.

ACAB1312 likes this.
  2. SlowSkipper86

SlowSkipper86 Active Member

It would be awesome if we could just customize them ourselves. But more skill bar slots? That's never going to happen

3. kovan10

kovan10 Member

All they need to do is add hotkey customization into the options window. Every mmo has that option for its player, don’t know why it’s not here.

4. RingoChan

RingoChan Active Member

that's a good idea, kinda like in WoW. But I doubt the devs would implement it..

the current 3 * 20 skill bar set-up is work-able though.

This is how I set up my skill bar(s) as a hybrid
    tilde (~) to quickly switch through skill sets 1-3.

set 1: all ck skills, + 2 defensive anti-crowd control support skills + 1 heal + ginseng juice

set 2: all support skills (self buffs) + various ew/utility consumables

set 3: 1 active + all smashes, +2 defensive anti-crowd control support skills + 1 heal

Warrior, hybrid and nukers have enough slots to train buffs or to fill up all the skill bar.

Although for melee (phys) as a warrior/hybrid/healer, only need 2-3 skills. De-buff smash then use your strongest active (or your favorite active).

The 1st problem though is playing a ck nuker or hybrid, need *auto trainer* to keep spamming nukes (unless you want to BREAK the number keys on your keyboard from button mashing all day, ... AND your fingers ;P )

CK users should use 2nd role nukes which are stronger and have lower cast time (I think? I don't remember which are the 2nd role nukes, but i use the same 8-10 nukes while grinding).

The 2nd problem is healer class. There are too many support skills to fit onto one skill bar to auto train (if you include the skills that require incense (for WT), lava (HD) or liquor for beggar/brotherhood, talisman for SF tok tok jade block thing for shao.

Well,... I guess you'd have to slot an incense and train the other healer self buffs with clan items separately. Besides, you'd need time (or the 900% kung fu ambrosia) to train up all your skills anyway, and most of the cheng 7 skills need LM 3 to hermit level to unlock, so if you're grinding normally, you should run out of skills to train at night.

The issue is when people power level to hg4 in KL using x5, then jump to to srs to plvl till hg9 to then switch from shared to indi runs when they can wear the hg9 clothing and start hitting the srs bosses, you could end up with a bunch of level one skills at hi 6 then you have too many to train at once.

TL;DR, i don't think the 20 skill slot is a problem as long as you keep one skill bar for buffs and another skill bar for smashes, unless you're botting to farm KL.

TL;DR2, just use tilde and auto trainer to switch between skill bars if you need to buff then switch back to using ck.

TL;DR3, melee just use de-buff smash (or was it a nuke? i don't remembeR) to remove boss anti leech buff, use defense lowering smash, then switch to your favorite active. only actually need 2 skill slots for melee grinding.

5. RingoChan

RingoChan Active Member

oh, and a slot for VE pills if you're warrior/nuker using auto trainer to train buffs.

if i remember correctly, both hybrid and healer have VE heal which you should train first, then you won't need to use VE pills for auto trainer.

for grinding the hp/ve leech is sustainable to never need pills too...

6. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

My only grip for skill/s bar is I always wished for a (skills bar) LOCK function!
    When sitting 12-15 ft away from screen ... all squinty-eyed, I sometimes drag skills in to oblivion *blushes*

johnevade, BirdbrainX and RingoChan like this.
  7. RingoChan

RingoChan Active Member

12-15 ft away... is your screen a projector, or were you referring to 12-15 inches?

8. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

... 9 out of 10 people suffer monitor envy ^^
    my ""monitor"" is quite a ways away from where I perch ...

9. RingoChan

RingoChan Active Member

+1 skill bar lock. I've dragged the icons out of the skill bar many times too.