Tips and Tricks (Newbie Guide)

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by Dropbox, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Dropbox

Dropbox Member

Hey guys, I've made a video for new or old players alike. I hope these helps you while playing the game. :D

I'll be posting more tips and tricks about the game in the following weeks! Please comment below what I need to add so that new players will get an easier understanding about how the game works. Thanks!

Official RF Online guide from RedFox: http://rfonline-help.playredfox.com/support/solutions/8000047971

EDIT: Discontinued due to busy schedule IRL.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

Show how to debuff pull monsters with radar
    Show how the social aggro system works (if a monster is area aggro and chases something, if you hit it once then all social mobs will also aggro that target even if they were not area aggro mobs to start with)
    Show how to cast force buffs or refreshes on hotkeyed allies so you can support in cw outside of party effectively (target the ally, click the spell once and press space)
    Show how to compress ranged mobs to 0 distance so they group with melee mobs (when you reach the spot you're luring lots of monsters to, you can almost always compress ranged mobs by taking step toward them just before they reach their attack range to hit you)
    Show how to pass doorways, cades, or follow thin paths along the very pixel edge to avoid traps extremely easily (using mouse for target location and letting the auto pathing system to hug the character to the very edge of the allowable location)
    Show how to make sure you can nuke any location in crag mine from the safety of your portal or wherever you want(if you know you'll end up needing to nuke but might risk dying....move to somewhere that can see the location you need to nuke, switch to birds eye view and run your char back to a safe place or hot key an ally to follow and let them lead your character somewhere safe
    Random protip but not sure if it exists still, even though nuke staff has 0 dmg you used to be able to cast spells from it and crit so you could shield into siege line and upgrade it with chaos talics and aoe to stun people even though it did no damage
    Change accessories from hot bar with minimal clicks for example changing 2 dodge rings to attack rings on cora (directly equip the new one you're putting on, unequip the 2nd one that will be removed and equip the 2nd new one)

Kroudo likes this.
  3. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

That's all I thought of real quick as pretty convenient things most people should know that make rf life easier

4. Dropbox

Dropbox Member

@iamjdag Thanks! I'll do some of what you've mentioned in the next few days. :)

5. KyoKyo

KyoKyo New Member

what button to press to see all drops on the ground?

6. Erene

Erene Active Member

Alt.

Kroudo and KyoKyo like this.
  7. KyoKyo

KyoKyo New Member

Thanks! :D i've tried every other button but not that for some reason, dohhh XD