What is RF really to you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YinYan, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RigamortisJr

RigamortisJr Active Member

Game will never change because of the people who support the game in its current state.
    Complaining is useless.

tamirtov likes this.
  2. Foessss

Foessss Active Member

A pile of garbage.

3. Ripmaskedman

Ripmaskedman Well-Known Member

am i the only one that thinks having 1 [GM] is killing this game lawl

BJJFromGJJ, Windstorm and tamirtov like this.
  4. SetsunaNovak

SetsunaNovak Member

I disagree with that.
    It's not entirely OGPlanet's fault. Nimonix is also to blame themselves since both of them could not come up with an agreement to benefit both parties. Throughout the incident, Nimonix kept making unreasonable demands in their contract and OGPlanet could not afford such demands. It would be more of an massive liability for them to agree to it so they refuse the agreement and ended their license renewal.

Now for the user accounts, databases, file information, and other miscellaneous resources base that was solely built and developed by OGPlanet for Rumble Fighter; they own that. It's their stuff. When they had come to terms to end the RF license, they were asked if they could transition all of their Rumble Fighter resources to the new host. And for what in return? Pretty much nothing. I doubt any of you would have just handed over time, effort, sweat & tears worth of valued information that took several years to build nothing, but a small thank you from a small consumer group of individuals.

If they were largely compensated for the transition of resources, then that would be a different story. But, they were not given that opportunity. So, I can understand why they did not.

5. SetsunaNovak

SetsunaNovak Member

It doesn't necessarily have to do with how small a game is. Normally a game this small is perfect to improve and strive to make it incredible. I've also seen games as small as these do pretty decently with maintenance and updates. We all know (excuse me for saying it) how "shitty" their business focus is. If they wanted to make a huge update they need to know how to properly innovate these projects into a game engine based on what consumer ask for. And many times, I have witness them do it very poorly.

It's because they put a new battle feature or system in the game and then they say "Okay, we finally put it in the game, mission complete! Let's go out for smoothies and discuss our next new project!" Never should a company have this mentality. All new applications that are implemented needs to be patched, fixed, updated, and tweaked every so often, especially when they first come out. Good example was when the Plaza System first came out. It was buggy, they made too many Plaza channels which is a waste of space and memory, the features inside were limited and I doubt they are constantly adding/modifying it. They do not do the things they are suppose to that is essential for updates, whether it is big or small.

Again this tells me "poor planning." Who would want to have a publisher managing a game with one active GM? With very little administration, sub-optimal planning of events, and poorly rooted promotional offers, sounds to me like this is being established with halve a staff (or less). Hell, this game was still difficult to manage with the previous publisher, and they had a better workforce than this. Then again, it was just transition to them a few months ago so it's too early to start criticizing. But, if they do not step up the staffing they are going to be crush by the constant build of responsibility weighing on their shoulders.

Expectation by the developer, demands of the consumer, supplying fun activities to players, moderations, changes needed to be made within company's focus, and other stuff exploding like a nuclear warhead.

I understand your concerns, and you do make some exceptional points. However, some are misplaced as most companies are expected to do some of these things. It comes with the territory. If they are not planning these stuff ahead of time, it's going to end badly, beyond the level of abysmal. Although, I may be wrong on this as I haven't touched RF since OGPlanet era. But, based on what I have observe (which could be inaccurate) it seems that most problems have not changed.

6. ShaoKahn93

ShaoKahn93 Active Member

it's my fetish

7. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

You're not the only one. :cool:

8. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

The question is "Do YOU like to play Rumble Fighter?" If so, you shouldn't have any complaints about how the game is run
    , because at the end of the day, your opinions are only taken heavily by the community, and by the host with a grain of salt.

And uh, yeah. Having 1 GM represents the number of stars Redfox is giving the game (1/5)

9. leeroc

leeroc Active Member

that would be great , seen i started the game really late back than so i miss out on everything
    [​IMG]

10. MayFire

MayFire Clean Up Crew

Inspirational quote. ;T

ToulueVang and Wasabi like this.
  11. TimeSplitter

TimeSplitter Well-Known Member

Huh

A game.

12. Wasabi

Wasabi Active Member

to be honest with you, OGP was the base foundation for all the things we miss or even complain about sooo idk why they wouldnt wanna follow their footsteps? OGP worried about the CONTENT like GC worried about making money, priorities of the company is an essential...Its like children, If you are a shitty parent eventually its gonna pass on to the kids as in like GC was shitty to us now we bringing that negative aura to this server plus the dc and the ddos going on makes us all EDGY.....ugh idk

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  13. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

A nostalgic way to pass time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.