Which msg to use for creating srs ornies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozzy1920, Sep 30, 2020.

1. ozzy1920

ozzy1920 Active Member

Should i use mcgx10 or is msgx5 x2 enough? Im trying to create low, mid and high ornies,

2. Lidiaanamihai

Lidiaanamihai Active Member

I would use x10 for high. They are not very expensive.

3. ozzy1920

ozzy1920 Active Member

how much do x10 cost? and should i use x10 for low and mid too?

4. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Low ornaments have 100% success rates without any craft rate bonuses. Mid ornaments are fairly easy to craft if you have access to band attributes craft rate bonus of 50%, so I wouldn't recommend using MCGs for them. High ornaments can be fairly easily crafted if you have MCG5s + band attribute bonus of 50%.

As to the questions of whether you should use MCGs and which type 2/5/10s, it really depends on how much craft rate bonuses you have. Typically, we do not waste beads trying to craft low ornaments. Lows/Mid ornaments can drop from the dungeon. You could consider buying the mids from other players and crafting your own highs from them if it is cheaper than actually buying the pre-made highs.

5. ozzy1920

ozzy1920 Active Member

Thanks for clarifying all that. I bought so many 10x for no reason. I will try with 5x and clan bonus and update how it goes......as soon as i can get some rising sun marble >.<

KaMiguel likes this.
  6. BirdbrainX

I have only ever divulged my test results to close friends and league mates, but here it is.

A friendly FYI, the success rate for Mids with 50% band attribute bonus alone without any MCGs is approximately 60% to 70% by my calculations - so while there are more success on average, there is still a margin for failure. By my estimation, you should not get any failures when using MCG5 to craft Mids, however I deem that to be a waste of MCGs.

The base success rate for Highs without any bonuses is approximately 9% to 10% by my calculations. With 50% band attribute bonus and MCG5, the success rate % should push you over the 50% mark. Making it an above average chance if you can spare the beads and wish to save on MCG10s. I consider this to be much better in comparison to the base success rates. While I myself may be satisfied with taking the risks with MCG5s, you however may wish to boost your chances with MCG10s.

Good luck. :)

7. KaMiguel

KaMiguel Active Member

I would still use MCG x10 for high SRS ornaments for the 100% create rate. it's cheaper to buy 1 MCGx10 than 3 RS Marbles. If you want to make mid ones, I would suggest you use the x2 from monthly gifts just to be sure.

BirdbrainX likes this.
  8. BirdbrainX

I was hesitant to recommend this route since the regularly seen selling prices of MCG10 is higher than 3 marbles on Yin server. However, is the TS is on a server where prices for MCG10s are cheaper, it would definitely be wiser for guaranteed success.