Would you be hyped to play a 9dragons classic server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 9dNostalgia, Aug 3, 2020.

?

Would you like to play a 9dragons classic server?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 9dNostalgia

9dNostalgia New Member

Heya :)
    I'm testing the waters to see if it's more players or if it's just me that would love an old school official 9dragons server. I miss the days in 2007 and onward.

Athuyar likes this.
  2. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Not at all. I like the game content wise. Content wise this game only needs adjustments in craft rates and rng rates.

MinnesotaSlays likes this.
  3. J0KER

J0KER New Member

acclaim days sure is good old days but deosnt mean we wanna go back the same. it wont be the same anymore.. most of us are grown ups with real life things to do, got no time to go back grinding 4hrs for one lv on RL lv. games keep on updating for a reason. sure it was good old times but doesnt mean we can go back and have the same feeling anymore, it remains as the nostalgic feeling, cant feel the same. so its a no from me.

GBKen, MinnesotaSlays and KaMiguel like this.
  4. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

If it is for the lore, the community and game mechanic it is a YES.
    If it is for other aspects such new content, dynamic it is a NO.
    As for future we will have to wait the new version with improvement graphic and content, so a FUTURE would not be a classic, rather a WUXIA more based game with light martial arts moves like qinggong (like we see now in all martial arts MMO) , chi moves, new gather system, new type of combat, individual and group focus quests and new stories. The hard decision now weighs between going for another period with this variant or changing it completely. You have to keep up with the times. As many said we are 2020 now.

5. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Define classic, please: Is it ..
    ... Nirvana / pre-Asura?
    ... or pre-2nd-role ??
    ... or before all the bloated boost events (10x etc), with an entire server of capped player???

My honest opinion is, that which truly made 9D of old was the amount of players which played 9D for fun [period]!
    Those whom put in more hours @ 1x (normal rate). Not those whom logged-in, asked "...is any event on..." and if answer was no ... logged-out.

Yah, sure the game is old, but don't forget many players left the old system, also, due to all the hard-work / time required to level, so to compete with others.
    Although, I loved the old XP---I don't care about level---I voted no, because, I truly love all the new content (!) and can not see myself being entertained long enough since the old server was ... GB level cap grinding in CC (Asura year 1)?

The history of 9D private servers are, well ... not long-lived, as they were/are rife with problems, such as nepotism, and favoritism (friends get treated best etc). And how long before the community starts complaining for more drops, exp boost, events, zombie grinders?
    1-week, probably.

Perfection and BobThePriest like this.
  6. GBKen

GBKen Member

agree with you!
    It's good old times because we dont know how to fill the character points, how to do the quest, we stuck at get COF epi and need full party to help. I remember i put all my points to wisdom when i grinding from lv 1 - 13 LOL. We love it because it's new content. But when we go back, we know all the old content. It's not fun anymore.

7. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

In old school 9D you basically spent 99% of time grinding. There were no real goals except for lvling up and try to get like a +9 refinement on your weap. Other than that the game provided no challenges. What might've been fun back then is unrealistic today. The game today provides plenty of stuff to farm and things to do. And still people manage to get borred... So 9d classic sounds good as an idea but it wouldn't survive 1 week.

MinnesotaSlays likes this.
  8. PimpPoweR

PimpPoweR Member

What are you even talking about???
    Looks clearly to me that u prob never played on cs cap.
    Game was 100 times more fun on acclaim.

Let me tell you how the game was back then:

1. game was not pay2win.
    2. servers full of players.
    3. great NEW events no copy paste like on rf.
    4. PVP/PK/DUEL 24/7 .
    5. Lore made sense, karma system had a role (relics/plates).
    6. and there were damn full pt everywhere with ppl grinding/dungeon/pvp, and all maps were full of ppl.
    7. and it was easy to gear up u char and even lvl up, if you knew how to do it.
    8.(Storm vs Storm) LIKE 1 league defending the fortress against 20+ leagues that are trying to invade.

So what do we have now.

1. IF YOU DON'T SPEND AT LEAST 2k $ there is 0 reason to play this game.
    2. GAME is dead
    3. I can say 0 updates. just copy/paste some old mobs and relics edit them for 2 min and throw a 5 min made map full of bugs, then again copy/paste from kr to rf server and u get even more BUGS.
    4. u have some tards who just lurk all day and 1 shot u like 100 times, well maybe is bcuz ur the only damn player on that map >.>
    4.All maps empy. ppl just log in to see how the game is doing................................................
    bla bla bla bla bla i can go on with this as well.

Now compare rf vs acclaim era......

9. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Acclame was sh!t. basta. Don't get emotional about it.

10. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Hardcore Grind games such as 9D Acclaim have no place in todays fast paced world. People these days don't like to lose all remaining brain cells by klicking on mobs day in day out for 24/7. This won't work bro.

11. 9dNostalgia

9dNostalgia New Member

You have a good point.

12. TopdoT

TopdoT New Member

Old 9D is much more true to the story and original content. Redfox 9D felt like a modded version of 9D, it doesn't fit the narrative that the OG developer want to portray. In RF 9D everything is boosted from leveling, farming, and pvp. You can get to HI or IS in a day. Solo boss or dungeon is so easy. PvP is such a joke, when some people walk around with $10k+ worth of gears chasing a $60 casual player in an empty map...

13. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

I second the part about feeling like a modded version..

they cut the heavenly demon introductory quest.. and lots of quest that made story sense.. which i think they should re-add...

PvP you always needed $$ or lots of time... (her mostly money and luck works.. time might not pay off if you ain't got luck)

14. Shunrai

Shunrai New Member

this game used to be good;that is until February 2016 came lol. you all still have time to jump ship, the sooner the better.

15. 9dNostalgia

9dNostalgia New Member

what was that date?

Daoji likes this.