Would you pay a monthly subscription for RF?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Reptar, Apr 6, 2018.

?

Would you want to see this be implemented?

1. Yeah, I'm cool with it.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Nah, that's okay.

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  3. Maybe once it's worked on more

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Reptar

Reptar Member

I was taking a **** earlier, and I was thinking... What if RF had a monthly subscription? Would you pay for it?

Maybe $5/mo. - $10/mo. - $15/mo.
    - With the subscription, you get access to the new content first, (which may help with bugs, or testing out issues before releasing it to be bought).
    - As a paying subscriber, you get weekly rewards (similar to the daily log-in, just with more enticing rewards).
    - Every week 4 scrolls (carat+RC) become free, and 1 randomly selected rare scroll becomes free for that week.
    - Unlimited megaphones

Post feedback! Give me suggestions to add, let me know if you hate it. Flame me, punch me in the fact, stab me, Idgaf.
    (Work in Progress that will become a suggestion or won't)

2. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Unlimited megaphones? HELL NO. I already want megaphones removed from the game, making them unlimited would be cancerous.

So, in other words, the free-to-play users still get screwed over? Not to mention, the developers are going to have to deliberately hold an update back for the free-to-play users making it so they go a full month without any new content (Not like we get anything new to begin with, these developers ****)

Overall, players dump their entire paychecks into RF every chance they get. A monthly subscription would not benefit them at all. Making the rares that they spent hundreds of dollars on free to other players who paid a very cheap monthly subscription would be a giant middle finger to the other people who spent way more for them.

This game is already a cash grab, why encourage more spending?

BeeBee and Nooblater like this.
  3. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

If this game required or had a monthly subscription fee, I probably wouldn't play it.

In a game like this, it just doesn't work well. You have skill items that are on average for $10 USD, on top of boxes typically every 2-3 updates. With a monthly subscription, that's just a way of steering away more users (generally "F2P" players) from the game.

Also - I don't think we need unlimited megaphones, cause daily attendance window gives you roughly 1 weekly and an additional 5 monthly.

Won't comment much about players reporting bugs because we have a large influx of bugs that have yet to be fixed in general.

4. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

Nope, I'm fine with 450 megaphones.

tamirtov, HumoLoco and Nooblater like this.
  5. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

rofl

6. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

How about we discontinue RF and call it a day?

BeeBee, Exocore and HumoLoco like this.
  7. pr0dz

pr0dz Well-Known Member

Lmfao mans dead ass thought about rumble fighter in the toilet I'm out

8. MintyIce

MintyIce Well-Known Member

Remember the time when NimoniX actually spent money wisely?

Neither did I.

tamirtov and Nooblater like this.
  9. Reptar

Reptar Member

My only reasoning for the subscription is to give a capable developer a steady income of money that they can actually use to their disposal, rather than the occasional $400 here, and $1,000 here (Sporadic income). I am aware of how much money people spend on the game, and its their right to, I think it could be incorporated as a way to not Middle-Finger the Free-to-Play players because that's a good point. So instead of the Updates early, (Which we know would never happen anyway. We're lucky if we even GET an update Q.Q) scrap that. Basically, what I'm getting at is, $5 or $10 a month is really cheap. But if you have 500 people doing it, that's $2,500 or $5,000 monthly coming in. I'd happily pay a subscription if the money was actually going to better the game, and better the overall experience. Maybe it could fun advertising, maybe it could fund more capable developers. All in all, there's a reason this was posted in the Off-Topic section, it's a ****-Post (Literally). Maybe they could just add in the Free Rotation of scrolls, 5 randomly every month and maybe 5 Exos, and call it a day. The people who have, "Spent Hundreds of Doll-Hairs for Da Sick Rares" already get slapped in the face when RedFox gives that same rare out for spending $20 in a spender. They get slapped in the face when a biased giveaway takes place, and 5 people get that rare scroll/exo. Before you complain that a subscription takes away and slaps players in the face, I think we need to understand there's been far worse cases of face-slapping when it comes to money-grabbing and giving-away.

TrollSenpai likes this.
  10. Reptar

Reptar Member

LMFAO, Bruh it was a very long day. ****-Post in its most literal form.

11. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

The aids is strong in this thread.

12. Reptar

Reptar Member

Fr, why you infect my thread Q.Q

13. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

I wasn't talking to you.

qq moar

14. Reptar

Reptar Member

Nah you talking bout my thread. Square up small-body Erckle ass niqqa

15. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Did I do that?

16. Reptar

Reptar Member

I would've cried if you posted the meme Q.Q

Aye Phawnix, it's 2018 my man. This game got like 500 players, and that's pushing it. Quit acting like you mean something in the grand-scheme of things, you ashy-knuckled, French-Fry with a Fade looking ass fool.

17. EmberCelica

EmberCelica Well-Known Member

tamirtov, Flamekiller and Nooblater like this.
  18. Reptar

Reptar Member

I literally almost fell out my chair LOL

EmberCelica likes this.
  19. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Nooblater and Reptar like this.
  20. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Well we have around 150-200 Players, so at most it would be around $2,000.

These developers stopped caring YEARS ago. You could tell they stopped way back in the OGPlanet era when WeMade left NimoniX.

Off-Topic is the only section that gets traffic anymore. General Discussion you have to wait for a moderator to approve of your thread, which could take up to months. All other sections are dead.

As for the face-slapping, we have GMs who literally have had no experience at all in this game when RedFox picked it up. They were severely lacking compared to the players that have played this game since its launch in 2007. We need more educated staff to help out, and reduce the risk of players getting screwed over. I remember when the developers did the damage formula change and Avalon Drivers/Skill Books were completely useless for at least a month until they kinda fixed it. All the players who spent thousands on their avalons were pissed, and a lot ended up quitting.

I feel if we just had some educated staff and a more motivated developing team this game could thrive once again. I'm not expecting it to be like OGPlanet where we had around 30,000 active players daily, but more than 150-200 would be nice.

BeeBee and toons like this.