About the future xp rates..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StryKer1337, Dec 28, 2015.

1. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

There are XP rates too high, I believe it was Play9D R2 that had such a high XP rate that you could get to level 216 with little effort. The issue with leveling that fast is you don't manage your time correctly and end up missing content and gear requirements along the way. Killing mobs with basic pre-second role gear at Immortal is tough and not intended. Not to mention any new player would just have no idea whats available in the game, or any idea how to play the game.

New players wouldn't understand what Mastery points are, or even where their Stat Points should be allocated. Experienced players will know whats the best way, and where to level which gives them an advantage on top of that. This may also change a bit with the release here, since the Stat System will be updated and some experienced players have never actually played on the new Stat System to know how to build their characters properly.

There's also the polar opposite where it takes you entire weeks to level a single time at Immortal. Hopefully the GMs working on this game will take this thread into consideration before releasing the game to the public. SubaGames listened to the player base and ended up with a somewhat high drop rate, and a REALLY high XP rate when they set the XP events up. I guess it made sense though, since I had to grind to PS1 from GL inside of SRS there.

Well... now that I think about it, the XP rate at SubaGames wasn't too bad at higher levels. It was just the early levels that felt they passed by too quickly. That's why I think they need to make custom XP multipliers per map.

2. Jamie

Jamie Member

I won't mention them as they're private servers but a few of the servers that I don't know even exist still had exp rates which forced players to out level the content at rapid rates meaning the gear they received through drops weren't on par with their level and they were outgeared heavily. If the rates are too high people will skip content and you do get stuck in a way so you have to be careful when playing with multipliers. Dix has a good idea in modifying each map to have a specific exp bonus rather than a solid flat level exp curve.

There are a few issues with some of the level progression, some chengs seem to be easier to reach and some seem to drag on tremendously. If we can just get that balance between lateral progression without burning through content or burning out because it takes too long then I think we'd be on to a winner.

Suba wanted to initially set the exp on a curve so each map had their own bonuses but it never happened. We got stuck with flat rate bonuses which made some chengs easy and some hard but ultimately it became such a drag towards the end.

3. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I agree that private server rates would be too much, but x3 GC would be ok, anything less than GC rates I doubt my attention span would allow me to keep playing (I like many others only played event times on GC).

As for the new players argument, what new players?
    9d is not a appealing game for new players.
    Just try to keep the niche player base you have happy.

From what I gather, besides the different stats system the Kr version isn't much different to GC's version till you reach end game.
    And i'm bored of reaching end game over and over again with another publisher, XP needs to be good IMO

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  4. Anthropology

Anthropology New Member

Just curious. This is off topic but related. How come so many of this person, Jamie's, posts (#5, 7, 10-12, and so on) are just a dash. Content got erased or muted by mod?

On topic. I think most people here are demanding private server or 10x GC rate where they can get to HG before they can level their light foot. Is there not a private out there for them.
    It sounds like this is a pvp server with some attack first penalty possibility. But i'm sure they'll find ways to get away with it or get around it. Grinding won't be like on a pve server.

5. Jamie

Jamie Member

I deleted them because they were negative and unnecessary. I came here bashing this publisher but I'm just going to stay positive and respectful. I requested to have them deleted but it takes a while to do that. I would be incredibly surprised if this was a pvp server, there doesn't seem to be nearly enough population to make it viable, otherwise there would be no reason for Yin to close down. I hope this isn't going to be a pvp server and if it is, hopefully there will be counterbalances in place to prevent low level abuse.

6. wolfien

wolfien Member

GC server it`s currently in a crysis state, most of players will join here for sure, all of them are tired of having few content updates once in a year, i cross my fingers for this version to be as i except, fully populated from all other versions(gc, private servers and what is left), it will be like old days and pvp should be resonable with a high population and worthy with massive pvp battles :D , at least this is how i imagine it.

7. Jamie

Jamie Member

I'm wondering if GC wil even be open when this launches, it seems like there is nobody there to direct anyone so it's spiraling into chaos.

8. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

the problema with high rates... take play9d r3 for exemple. it took me less than 6 hours to max lvl. take a guess at what items i had by the end...

take play9d r2 even. and you could max lvl in less than a week.

i would like to be able to do a max lvl within 3 months while playing 5- 10 hours a week.

9. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Thank you for your feedback. We have read and understand your concerns.

10. Anthropology

Anthropology New Member

The jail and wanted system suggest that it's a pvp server. The announcement didn't say so. The players are by default set at self defense mode but are able to attack other players on maps other than the pvp maps on a pve server.

11. wolfien

wolfien Member

Took me 1 year to reach PS, had multiple chars but the grinding was pain..SRS bugs and map restarts and other issues just to go between Hermit lvls until tibet was released . Aswell the xp cards were released just in late game

12. Jamie

Jamie Member

That's what worries me. If this is a pvp server we need level restrictions to safe guard low players being obliterated by higher levels. If they can do that, no issues with pvp.

13. wolfien

wolfien Member

Yes that is right, but we dont know the xp rates here for now :D , aswell we have 0 gear so it wont make it easy for 1st chars

14. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

If someone reaches IM in one week after launch with GC base rates we should find out who he is and send a ambulance to he's aid.

Alys2, dixbutts and xiros like this.
  15. StryKer1337

StryKer1337 Member

FuriaAlba, it took me a week to hit hg4 on gc rates :)) Those xp rates are really pathetic

16. Jamie

Jamie Member

I don't have any issues with anyone reaching a cap level quickly as there will be no way you will have enough gear in that time to be efficient with the end game content. The game isn't new or exciting but some of the content may be very interesting so I don't want to be stuck for weeks leveling just to get somewhere. Let the grinding be quicker than Acclaim, slower than GC and enjoy the content as we progress.

17. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

I said on this new server. On GC with all the gear and the events they hosted HG isn't much. But here nobody will have any gear so 1 week to get IM isn't impossible for 1 person to get, but he's health would not go well I'd say.

18. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

so for all of you complaining about gc rates... how many players do you think will play if it takes them three years to max lvl? the fun in the game really isnt in the lvling... its eitheir contente realated for those pve players or its pvp and that is usually allot more fun at higher lvls.

make it 3 years and aint no one gonna stick with the game bessides the normal 9d addicts. Forget new guys... and even just business wise that would be the worst ideia ever. you want eitheir more players or more char in game so people spend Money on them.

you want people to buy scales tears and jade separators? then give them the weapons they need to make it worth using them. nobody wastes IM stuff to make a FD sword +12...

sorry to brake it to you but the reason people stick with any vĂ­deo game is because of "candy". be it lvling new weapons new clothes new... not because they wanna grind 24 hours to get 1 lvl. we are programmed to want rewards of some kind for anything we do. if it takes to long to get it we will just move on to the next game.

19. Jamie

Jamie Member

The initial starting point might be difficult or hard, it depends on a lot of factors. We don't know what 'events' we'll be getting for the launch of CBT or which 'gifts' we'll be given as mentioned by Ahri in one of their posts so that might give us a kick start in the right direction? They've already stated they have simplified starting clan quests and Bamboo Village which may mean they've given us more or removed more which might be fairly useful in the initial stages. We also don't know anything about the drop exp so we can't really ascertain how easy it will be to start out.

20. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

It doeskin take a scientist to see that GC servers was only mildly busy during events, and dead for the rest of the week.

If people want to spend weeks to lvl up once fight dark blue mobs, let the normal people enjoy the game when they can afford the free time.

TBH im still in total shock that people are suggesting x1 xp rate, are they trying to sabotage this game before its even launched?

Suggesting a xp rate from 2007 when the lvl cap was CS (If you was lucky) do you guys like seeing empty maps? Or do you just want to see this game fail before it even starts like SUBA did?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Savatage likes this.
  21. Jamie

Jamie Member

Nobody is suggesting acclaim rates people are just having their opinion. Stop bringing up Suba, you don't know what happened to them.

22. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I will bring up what ever I want, stop thinking you know EVERYTHING