[AMA]Scrolls, Exocores, Tips, Techniques and Anything Else

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFuzionBranz, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4cropod

M4cropod Well-Known Member

In a few days, when the Carat Spenders take place, I want to buy a new carat scroll (I already have Darksider and I won't trade for credits yet) and I have some questions regarding the scrolls:

1. Which scroll would you recommend? I prefer scrolls which are not "one-trick ponies" (had Lucha several years ago and it became dull after a short time), scrolls which have several possibilities on how to use them. That's why I bought Darksider first - it doesn't have that many moves, but it is versatile. And regarding Drunken Master - I have more than a month full of timed scrolls of DM, so I am probably not buying it ;)

2. I looked into getting Red Leg, just because it looks so cool and fun. Although I know that Red Leg probably isn't the best choice. I still wanted to ask you for a short review why you gave Red Leg a B+ in your Scroll Rankings. What is good about the scroll and what is not so good?

3. A scroll I personally fell in love with is Exile (after seeing your video about the scroll on YouTube even more). I've heard it is very slow, like very, very slow, but it just has that badass feeling when seeing it. I just wanted to read from you, why the scroll is so bad (which is a pity), that it only warrants a C rating...

2. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Darksider is already one of the best carat scroll IMO, because its so simple to use with many tools and very decent hitbox.

If I had to recommend a scroll, It would really depend on how you play as a player and what you enjoy playing.

I give you multiple scrolls that I would recommend with reasoning:
    Metatron(Very high skill tier): I don't recommend it "because it has many fencers, a front grab/front throwing counter and a one trick pony Cz". Because it has an amazingly long + pressuring punch combo, huge angle hitbox, It is very hard to master to its full potential due to its "slower speed" and having to remember to play with delays.

Redleg: This one is a very great scroll when you want to take weight on your back, carry a room or 1v1. Its counter is an instant throw that removes pressure from your opponent and can edge em if you are not in blacktop. Its kick combo has massive stun and can be repeat with ease to destroy a guard. Its Cz is mindgames. Punch combo is ultra fast, spammable but easy to counter. Juggle is more complex than most scrolls. Once again this is a high tier of skill, but its recommendable for moon, 1v1 and even some maps for teams.

Lucha: The scroll lucha libre will forever be known as the simplest scroll that will be good. 2 Combos, A 2 input ground hit. The kick combo can get away with safety if done perfectly right on a blocking opponent, can drop juggle easily, omni grabs for the pressure... The counter seems to be regular but has extra duration on pushback. Punch combo is very quick but no stun, can be delayed however. It fences and it has crazy pressure with all of its tools, delays and causes massive stress. Its a scroll for lower tier players but is even better rewarding at a higher skill level.

DrunkenMaster; Forever known as the godly 1v1 scroll. Its simply perfect against any items. Its first kick has so much priority it can stop even A+ tier scrolls because of how it clashes and gives you priority. The range is clean, punch combo is a great wake up. The grab gives you so much time to act and think. But outside of 1v1 I wouldnt recommend it as its speed won't cause the same pressure effect as it does to a single player, cause you'll be a easier target. I'd limit this recommendation to Moderate Skill level for 1v1 and Moonlight.

Exile is alright. I use to love this scroll but it can only be played in 2 ways. High skill way and very low skill way. For lower skill, Its kick combo is a easy to angle, good stun fencer. It has so much reach but the hit comes out kinda slow. If done on a angle, its range is 1.5x further. Its punch combo however has 0 priority and is more of a skill combo. Against decent to pro players who can counter and block fast enough, your life will be hell. This scroll is really for moonlight, with the exception of 1v1 at higher skill level. Its first and second punch have the same animation, you can spam it with delays and get combo's in, play with distance using the first kick on a angle and fool someone, etc.

Redscorpion: To be honnest there is better. If you are really good, you can create massive pressure. But I have never seen a non top 5 player be able to pressure me with this scroll. Even then, the second I use a A-B tier scroll it is very easy.

JinTekkyon: To be honnest this is probably my favorite carat item. Its so perfect. Its like the ZinTKD of carat scrolls. Decent damage, A Cz launcher that has amazing invincibility frames. A pretty safe groundhit, a pressure-killing counter. Grab creates amazing distance. Easy and fast fence combo. Easy juggle. Fast, with massive delay punch combo. Kick combo is A tier in my books. Its just harder to use, hence the skill required for it. I would recommend it everywhere but in serious team competitive play.

tamirtov, M4cropod and Shana like this.
  3. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

How much does reset/infinite juggles affect scroll tiers?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    tamirtov and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  4. TheFuzionBranz

Look at it this way;

Shaolin Tiger can only be done in a corner wall. Very unlikely to happen in blacktop (since fence, yellow bars, garbage cans, bball net, stairs, invisible range/blinded by objects, moon has no corners and only edges, glacier has 2-3 usable corners but you will most likely be DT'ed before you can inf. Also this reset is a physic reset by overlapping your shadow with the opponents to create a pop up effect. Hence its a unreliable and pretty useless reset.

Electro requires strict placement, I would even suggest spd stat. It can work on walls, angles or if terrain slightly changes. Once again; At most people can manage around 3 resets max because of the map + how hard it is to move constantly. Also the placement of the reset causes the main punch and kick combo to miss often. Its an unreliable infinite, but a great way to add 300dmg to a juggle.

Tongbeiquans reset is a little bit less strict with placement, but its extremely hard to get the needed placement with the short lifted and hard to predict 2hit launcher. The CzK launcher also is hard to predict if it will hit and will be ruined if the opponent turns, etc. It can be done but once again people who main this scroll only manage like 4x resets max a round at most, which isn't THAT MUCH damage.

Now ZinTKD, with reset... can reset anywhere. Its combo creates a lift up effect while it already has the recovery to reset anywhere. It can reset in any direction, front back, angle or sides of opponents, walls, corners, none, slight terrain changes, It is very easy once you know timing (Thats not even strict) to land it 5-10x a round which givesyou the chance to win in 1-2 juggles, also pressuring people to panic the second they feel a launcher coming.

I rate easy infinites high, while a 1x reset or situational reset gives barely any rating. Sometimes it ends up creating stress, to much focus on one thing and even a chance to make a risky mistake

tamirtov and Shana like this.
  5. Shana

How do I counter these tactics:

Tick throws (jab into grab) from omni grab scrolls

Hitstun locks (Shoot Boxing's KKKK hitstun with the occasional grab mix-up)

Jump kick drifting

Baiting using slide kicks (running around and slide/grab until I release my guard)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I need tips on Tongbeiquan's reset, the placement and ect.

7. TheFuzionBranz

1)I always try moving my guard by a angle at everytime there is a ``Breakpoint`` in a scroll. In other words when a hit doesnt have much stun or its delayed, you move the guard by just tapping Z ultra quick in a direction. Also if a player tends to delay alot, has a very slow scroll, tends to always start new combos; I enjoy the risk of jumping away. If you get caught you will most likely take 50-75dmg seeing its rare people catch you. Worst to worst you take half a combo lol.

2)Most hitstun ``locks`` are solid locks that you are at disadvantage. Fully charged KP PPPP of BWN, full combo charged of blackout KKKK, zinTKD PKK fully charged, Vale Tudo Cz, etc. These are scrolls that you are forced to either block and get grabbed or block and avoid combo or counter and try to stop the combo. A scroll that simply has a combo that cant be countered because it has a high combo speed rate mixed with stun isnt a stun lock. It just doesnt have breakpoints. You simply block it out and get pressure once combo is done. You will be able to combo faster than other guy if timed perfectly after a ```KKK`` from shoot boxing if he tries to hit you. Worst to worst you take the final kick. You could also jump away.

A harder one if RedLeg, where if you spam KK (might be KKK but I think its KK), your only option is to counter or jump and take air damage.

3)If you block the kick, you have equal pressure advantage, If he combos, you can counter. If you block, you`re safe. You can jump or move away if he grabs. If you get hit by the kick, if his scroll isnt ultra fast, you can counter or block too.

4)Simply block em. Try keeping a decent distance seeing if it hits you too early you can punish it with your recovery advantage while he has more duration. You could also move out of the way knowing how far a slide goes and prepare a counter attack in that area.

Align yourself abit more to the left of your opponent, step as much as possible at every jab and even the kick combo, no delays at all. Dont step when you catch reset with first punch.

Blitz, tamirtov and Shana like this.
  8. Panthaero

Panthaero Well-Known Member

How to git gud with shaolin snake. Them A class scrolls hurt.

9. TheFuzionBranz

Probably knowing what your weaknesses are and working around them.
    The scroll is pretty solid and can hold its own but lacks some things.

The punch combo has amazing mixup, full punch, ppk/pppk, charge, rapid punches(has good stun too), Its hard to repeat combos to spam so countering inbetween or walking asap is always good for mix up. Kick combos has great delays and no stun, so its recommended to maybe sometimes do 1 kick, 2 kicks only, delay alot, etc.

Its Cz can dodge and counter attack/launch, very useful also.

Shana and tamirtov like this.
  10. LegendaryJin

LegendaryJin Well-Known Member

omg im yu 2 ????

11. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Why is snowman 2.0 is able to take all exo down?

12. TheFuzionBranz

op

tamirtov and HumoLoco like this.
  13. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

gg :> I love it when they nerfed snake and iceage turn into useless so hard then snowman still take them down.

14. TheFuzionBranz

tactical bow or riot

HumoLoco likes this.
  15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

They should unnerf da tactical bow it would be more fun.

tamirtov likes this.
  16. Shana

any tips when playing from wake-up?

when you're grounded and the opponent is standing

tamirtov likes this.
  17. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

How does mystics reset affect it since it can be done easily go down ledges while resetting (so applicable for any map) plus if used with the nanmu launcher can almost hp someone(if panic is used)

tamirtov likes this.
  18. TheFuzionBranz

Mystic Arts ``reset`` is pretty much just an extended P-P part of a juggle with a risk+reward. Even with the maximum of resets in a juggle; Its still not the strongest in terms of damage.

As for the nanmu, Its a 1 time thing with risk. The whole combo itself outside of 1v1 will most likely be interupted and while inside 1v1, I doubt you will find the chance to work around panic and get the full damage potential out of it

19. Vilse

Vilse New Member

How do you low jump and what can you do to make it easier to perform it?not counting macros.
    Also do you think wireless keyboard affect it in anyway?

tamirtov likes this.
  20. Kunji

Kunji Active Member

I've played since 08 and I've always been around moon. Why can't I cactus?

#AnswerMeRFGods

BJJFromGJJ and tamirtov like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.