What will you rate RF as when it releases on Steam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SomeHyena, Dec 10, 2016.

?

So, what are you rating it as?

1. Positive

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Negative

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Negative until avalons are fixed

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Negative until they start adding things to the shop instead of to boxes

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying but RF is addictive because we find it fun, not because we need it to live lol. And if we find a game fun then obviously it must be doing more right than wrong, or we wouldn't be playing anymore.
    However, I kinda agree that RF right now is suited for a smaller audience, only because the servers would crash 24/7 if more people started playing lol. If they achieved server stability, I see no problem with RF targeting a much larger audience.
    I agree full-heartedly with this but if people only see an abundance of hate then no one will try the game period. Worst case scenario, the game closes down for good. Both sides would be at a loss and no one benefitted at all.
    If they are constructive and well thought out reviews, then I have no problem at all. But tbh there are many people in the community that don't have a brain and just throw hate everywhere, which won't fix anything and will end up creating more problems.

Flamekiller likes this.
  2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Thing is steam reviews make or break a game. That's what new players look for when considering a game to play. I think that early on, Rumble Fighter will receive mostly negative reviews. As the updates come and promises are fulfilled, Nimonix will slowly gain a better score. We'll see tomorrow though at 1 PM EST.

IGiveLikes, Fraud, LeonSilva and 4 others like this.
  3. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Member

I love how people saying trash but they're the first to tell everyone that the game is dead... Maybe if you tried to be a little more positive we'd have more players~
    Just saying ;).

4. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Good news is only good to an extent

there's going to be a point where someone asks for the bad news

and often the bad news raises eyebrows

5. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Member

All I see from the community is negativity and complaints i think there's enough "bad news" maybe too much "bad news" and not enough good :/

Flamekiller likes this.
  6. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Those who have been around since OGP understand for the most part that Nimonix is all talk. For years they've promised changes, and it's only now that they're starting to appear.

IGiveLikes and Fraud like this.
  7. Shana

I totally agree

but that's just how it is

there's games like Team Fortress 2 with overwhelmingly positive reviews

It comes to show that it is possible for a whole community to like a game

but most of Rumble Fighter's community are carrying pitchforks. Some people don't want to carry pitchforks (the positive players), but there's already so many pitchforks, that it seems attractive to join the pitchfork party. "Mob mentality" in other words.

I'm rather neutral about the game, as I see its downsides and high points. But I'm just 1 person with an opinion, compared to everyone else's opinion

Flamekiller likes this.
  8. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Member

I'm also from ogp and if nimonix is all talk would they be doing it?

9. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Member

Well I guess that pitchfork will kill rf for goods~

10. Shana

I don't get why people say that "Moon is the only map people play"

where do people get this info?

Last time I checked, there was:

Nhaa rooms [Demo]
    Third rock
    Risky Escape
    Glacier
    Dos
    Skyline
    Arena [Fortress]
    Blacktop Melee/Dojo

If negative reviews are going to say: "Moon is the only map people play"

I'm going to cringe so hard

Flamekiller and tamirtov like this.
  11. Shana

1 minute left before Steam launch

gg

edit: nvm it's in 11:00 PST

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    tamirtov likes this.
  12. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Hopefully they reset IGNs and guilds again.

100000Likes, IGiveLikes and Fraud like this.
  13. M4cropod

M4cropod Well-Known Member

I'd rather trick potential new players into thinking that this game is awesome by giving out positive reviews instead of complaining like a little b**** by handing out negative reviews just ONCE...

Put your personal issues and things like your "pride" and "dignity" aside and think about helping this game only this time if you want to continue playing it. Write a critical review - I'll do that - but please, give that thumbs up. New potential players won't look any further past the reviews, when they are mostly negative --> no new players --> BAD (I hope everyone gets that)

14. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Member

ppl here acting like they'r some yelp reviewers from south park
    I m tellin u chum: NOW GET YOURSELF READY FOR SOME BOOGERS AND CAAAM

15. uppersoulz

uppersoulz New Member

and we should do more true battle game mode, these typical moon mode is anoying, especially for new players. i mean u will only scare them away with the (make-one-mistake-and-you-die-and-wait-for-next-round)

16. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

Why would you guys want rf below Zone 4? If you're making a negative review atleast make it helpful for others and not just spamming the bad view button. If you're a old player like me and don't see potential in this game why do you still play it? You can always play other games with your friends if that's the reason.

M4cropod, SomeHyena, Shana and 2 others like this.
  17. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Why would you want RF negative if it has potential??? You guys complain about teh game dying and lack of events, thats BECAUSE THERE'S LACK OF PLAYERS. THINK PEOPLE....

Flamekiller, Shana and WoodyJ like this.
  18. LeonSilva

LeonSilva New Member

i was playing lost saga during the time it got launched on steam and this similar divide between the players happened. people were encouraging each other to write positive steam reviews for the sake of the game even though in reality lost saga didn't deserve those ratings. thing is when the game was launched for about a week, suddenly there was a **** ton of negative reviews complaining about lag/pay2win. guess who made all those reviews? new players. and worst part was most (if not some) were by people not even from the NA region. and what happened after that was the lost saga community (lol about a dozen players total) started telling everyone to go and downvote all the bad reviews and upvote all the good reviews which really didnt change jack **** at that point.

in the end what ended up happening is we got a solid 2 weeks of good events for new players and then went back to the same situation of majority of players being unhappy with lag or pay2win. and worst part is even the lost saga community gave up... and instead started encouraging people to write bad reviews.

what im trying to say is no matter what review you guys here decide to make, in the end the steam community is going to decide the actual review of the game and expose its true colors. even if we got everyone on this forum to go make a positive review that would only be about 20-40 players total. btw currently on steam lost saga and zone 4 are both 6/10 and im expecting the same for RF..

19. Kunji

Kunji Active Member

It's going to be color pallets like in Warframe but boxed :D

SomeHyena likes this.
  20. SomeHyena

SomeHyena Active Member

Man I hope that it's palletes, though not boxed* Fashion Frame is the real endgame. Just like Fashion Souls. Gonna be the same in RF lmao

Edit*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.