What will you rate RF as when it releases on Steam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SomeHyena, Dec 10, 2016.

?

So, what are you rating it as?

1. Positive

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Negative

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Negative until avalons are fixed

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Negative until they start adding things to the shop instead of to boxes

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomeHyena

SomeHyena Active Member

So, we now have the announcement and knowledge that broken avalons are a glitch, unintended. If you were unaware of this, there is an announcement about it. With that in mind, what is everyone going to rate RF as once it drops on Steam? Discussions and reasoning for your ratings encouraged!

2. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Simple trash.

3. Ketranis

Ketranis Member

Game is fine. Management is suspect. Developers r trash. FOH with that constant box RNG. Gamba gamba gamba doe.

4. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

My negative talking points
    Lag
    20/80 carat to rc content ratio
    They stopped making class-exclusive ExoCores for whatever reason
    Bad music, bad voice acting
    Old graphics/textures
    The old **** hasn't been updated to make them at least somewhat viable against the new ****, yet already OP **** gets buffed.
    Lag
    Consecutive boxed updates. No actual in-shop clothes for almost a year
    Some RC items are timed when they really shouldn't be
    No rental features to give some players a try before you buy
    No testing feature in shop
    No trading
    Plaza is useless they coulda spent their time trying to improve the game than to spend who knows how long making a plaza nobody uses.
    Lag
    Carat rates ****
    Lack of graphic settings for 1920x1080, anti aliasing, ambient occlusion, etc.
    They refuse to release the things GEM has had for years on our server but are ok with giving it to rfjp
    Android and Shaman don't have enough exclusive content to justify buying.
    There's no way to get free RC at the moment
    And worst of all; this game lost its novelty when they lost WeMade as their developers. Since then, NimoniX has been releasing unnecessarily OP scrolls and ExoCores with unnatural-looking and recycled animations.

My positive talking points:
    This game really is one of a kind, nothing else really compares. It's not close enough to smash. And is nothing like street fighter/tekken at all.
    ExoCores are cool and make references to other games and shows. Dark Power = Bass from Megaman and Blade Spirit = Ichigo from Bleach
    I like the different classes. Strikers are pure power. Elementalists use magic. Alchemists use tech weapons. Soul Fighters are ninjas and can become beasts. Shamans use spirit magic. Androids are robots
    A lot of customization for your characters
    Players can come up with their own content that can be added to the game

StyleCheck, SomeHyena and RumbleNomad like this.
  5. NomNom

NomNom Active Member

Gourdy tried his best but the updates and bug fixing was a bit lazy.
    Nothing was really changed besides everything being boxed, no new carat released items, server is worse then ever.
    game evovled from F2P, P2P, P2W then a Whale game

6. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

I don't understand half of you guys logic or basic understanding???

Like you get mad because the game didn't get on steam (before that post was released), then when it gets on steam rate it negative to make sure no one plays it..

Gotta pick a side, can't be half/half sht.

7. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

I've been against RF going to Steam every since I realised they weren't fixing the critical issues of the game. Oh wait they haven't fixed critical issues since forever ago.

8. madaravxxx

madaravxxx Active Member

Negative to 100%

9. SomeHyena

SomeHyena Active Member

Oh hey, my post was finally approved. Glad to hear some of people's reasoning for what they're going to rate it as.

Personally, I'll probably be leaving a "not recommended" rating, but a relatively positive review... because they are seriously trying to improve and add things that rfjp/gem has, and the addition of top 10 scrolls back to the shop is just the start of that; I actually expect something similar with exos here before too much longer. RF is looking optimistic under RedFox, though it's quite obviously not quite there yet even still.

Personally looking to Nimonix's teased "greater customization", I expect they'll add a way to re-color clothes and all that are already in the shop, and that thought is exciting as far as fashion in this game is concerned. Plus, I recall someone (I think it was Yusuke) say that there was a post on their forums talking about them working on a trading system for rf.
    Really, I plan on leaving the review as negative until they add some of those types of quality of life things, and hopefully start adding more stuff back to the shop instead of boxes (Really, why are Sumo, Fearless, Pencak and Telos still rare? They're outclassed by most current scrolls...)
    I really want to see outdated rares like that (I'm looking at you l460) that don't compete with the new stuff added to the shop just for the fact that a lot of people really like them and want to use them... though I also see where that could rub players who got them while they were rare the wrong way.
    Either way, they're trying and we need more of that to bring RF back to life, and once it happens I will change my review to positive.

10. madaravxxx

madaravxxx Active Member

Bro how you gonna give them a postive review when they boxing every clothing item in the fricking game? Bra literally what nimnoix said about recoloring the clothes, that crap gonna be in a box to.

Smh these Boxes make this game trash. They improving this game with Boxes and more Boxes. Christmas update about to be Box, how you proud with that lol? Bruh new host plse?

11. SomeHyena

SomeHyena Active Member

you obviously missed what I was saying. I said that I was rating negative, but the actual review is going to be like "yeah, I voted negative because it has a ton of problems, but it's still a fun game worth at least trying probably."
    and look, with how things have been turning around on redfox (they really have been. at least we don't have weekly spenders like gamescampus, and people resisting new features being added like in ogp).

Boxes aren't redfox fault, but redfox is seriously trying to make it work and gourdy is a good GM, and everything indicates Nimonix turning a new leaf, at least on some level (mechanical improvements and things, even if they end up boxing everything. a baby step is still a step, and true battle mode itself is indication enough of it). Honestly, the future of RF looks really good.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  12. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Yea, Nimonic and RedFox been doing well for thej past late 2016. The mirai looks good.

SomeHyena likes this.
  13. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

Negative - But with reasons.
    Mostly which have been stated earlier. I just feel they need to push for more special events for f2p players. The SE scrolls are a good start.

SomeHyena likes this.
  14. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

Come on who would give a game a good rating when its past updates from months ago to now have been boxes,gambling, in a game that has a shop for items and the things they do release in the shop are normally broke, as in doesn't work right, or over powered and wouldn't be patched for a long time unless its too cheap. Then on top of that it has too many problems keeping the people on the game from lags to bugs that never go away cause the patch created a new bug.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  15. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

THANK YOU
    I also don't understand the people that are saying they'll rate it negative and won't recommend it BUT WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY THE GAME
    Why would you EVER continue doing something you don't recommend others to do? Also leaving a negative review won't end up doing much good in the long run; it'll just make less people want to play the game, which will shorten RF's lifespan...
    At the end of the day, if you're still playing even with all the problems in the game, rf must be doing something right. Otherwise you would've stopped playing ages ago.

BJJFromGJJ, Shina and Shana like this.
  16. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

If I post positively, it will sound like: "Great game! Lots of mechanics to play with, lots of modes blah blah blah"

If I post negatively, it sound like: "Game sucks! graphics ****! P2W! blah blah blah"

It's predictable af

SomeHyena likes this.
  17. SomeHyena

SomeHyena Active Member

would a heroin addict recommend THAT to their friends? not quite. RF is a fun game with a bad community for a niche audience, not a wide at-large one. once the problems are fixed, though...

Shina likes this.
  18. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

There's nothing wrong with being critical. Yes we want the game to be successful, but glossing over the many faults won't help Nimonix change their ways.

IGiveLikes, Fraud and Shina like this.
  19. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

I know your review is probably gonna be better than 99% of the negative reviews

most of them will be crying/whining/complaining/ranting with no real solution, in other words, haters gonna hate.

I guess it's mostly directed to those reviewers

Controversial and Yusuke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.