About Weekend events & Kunlun shared Parties

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by machatzi, Apr 25, 2017.

1. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

Seems like there are not much to do during weekdays. Going into any map for grinding, makes it feel like a ghost town. Like a Dead game already. Even people who used to shout in forums asking for events, should understood by now how the game is hurt by those events. Or maybe not.. if they don't even care to check what is going on around them (you know.. just get your attendance reward and log out, or just open stand in Hefei).

Now about Kunlun shared parties.
    I thought we should not increase base exp rates permanently, so people will not get bored after hitting lvl cap ? But yet, we allow any level of players (~SM+) to form shared parties, and kite lvl220+ spiders all day long. Someone can hit lvl cap in matter of days!
    Strangely, nobody talked about it in forums.. like.. they want to keep it as secret!? Seriously, if RedFox doesn't doesn't know about it, they better drop this game right now for the next publisher in the queue.
    This "feature", is another stabbing on 9Dragons back. It's too much spoiling, to expect anyone to grind on normal maps. Eh.. we might as well remove Liaodong, Icy, Tibet, and expand Kunlun map with more spider nests.[/sarcasm]

And now is time for suggestions (yes.. another suggestion section which redfox will ignore as well. But i will take my chance)
    1. Find a way to make it worthless for level players to grind in KL map.This can be achieved in few ways. Pick one and implement whatever is easier for you
      • Make mobs in Kunlun to easily lose aggro. So whoever hits it can get easily aggro of the mob
      • Make spiders immune to slow, increase their movement speed a bit (Risk to have a HG tanking them though)
      • Place another type of mob next to them which are not easy to kite. Mob should also be similar level of spiders
      • Adjust the exp received on Low level players to make it feel like they are killing mobs of their level
      • Add more spider spawning spots. If spiders keep spawning in your feet it will not be that easy.
    2. Increase EXP Rate/Skill EXP Rate/Item Drop Rate permanently finally, and remove them from weekend events. Give a reason to someone to grind during the weekday.
      • Increase on the Rates should be enough to compensate the removed weekend x2 event. I would suggest to give even more.
      • Give exp events only in special cases (Easter/Christmas etc)
    3. Increase Icy map mob spawning rate/spots. I think this is mostly a bug? You need to run around to find mobs, especially in some areas of the map.

Now, before you start shouting/flaming, like I'm trying to take a candy from a 3 yrs old toddler, let me tell you that i have full time job and my own family with kids. The most time i can spend on this game, is during weekends. Having that in mind, understand that all the above can hurt my own progression in the game.
    I Personally find the survival of the game more important than my progression, and you should all feel the same. MMORPG without community is not mmorpg anymore. There would be nothing to progress into and against others.

pvtkourkoutas and samusdude like this.
  2. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

I think it´s a shame that players rush to kunlun - especially those that don´t know the game well.
    Kunlun is the last map currently, and skipping all the lower level maps, makes you miss out on some great maps and you end up as a very poor HG.

The only way I really see low levels start grinding low level maps, is if you make level requirement to get to Kunlun.
    I.e. you would need at least Immortal 1 to enter.

- Fiddling around with aggro pattern or mob speed, will not help. I have 2 chars that tanked kunlun hounds solo, at CS and GL levels.
    - You can always find spots to kite, kunlun is a huge map, regardless of spawn rate and mob types mixed. Increasing mobs or mixing them even more, could make grind for HG players even harder for lesser geared players.
    - As long as low levels can enter Kunlun, they will, and even if they cant tank or grind, they can get boosted by higher level players in shared party. It is not unusual, for a low level player to gift a x5 card to a faster HG grinder, and then use one himself in shared party, as currently that will give both players a win/win.

3. samusdude

samusdude New Member

There are probably plenty of people that would be displeased to see KL nerfed but I couldn't agree more, there's nothing fun about killing the same mob all the way up to max in any game and especially in a leveling game like 9dragons. They could remove some RTE quests in the questing zones as well, then increase the exp/item rewards for the remaining ones to make them feel more useful, some already give exp cards as a reward; This might encourage more players to venture out of KL to at least do some quests.

Whilst I think permanently increasing rates is necessary it's not the only way they could do it. They could also just have weekday events, but have more variety in how the events effect the player, for example having only dungeons be affected by the rate increases or 3 specific maps so you have to think about what character to play during the events. Choosing to have weekday events too may just feel like a half measure to some people.

In my opinion all this game really needs is quality of life updates, to that end I think the most important thing you said is 'And now is time for suggestions' I realise I'm taking that out of context but I don't seem to see many new players playing 9dragons, it's all old and returning players for the most part and there are plenty of quality of life updates that the game could have to make things more attractive to old players: ie permanent storage. I've met a lot of players who have a lot of complaints about the game but there never seems to be much discussion about it, so a place on the forums where threads like these are more commonplace would be ideal in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  4. johnnyricapa

johnnyricapa New Member

I think the first problem its the crowd at low lvls maps including Icy!
    The second i think its mob spwning rates also xp mobs

PD : if you want more dificult lest pray 500 lvls more for u and some other 5 players