[DEBATE] Orichalcon Scroll/Exocore Boxes vs. Christmas Boxes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maomi, Dec 20, 2018.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Orichalcon Boxes

2. Christmas Boxes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Hey guys! I'd like to hear from the community their thoughts on the new event, as well as which is more valuable Orichalcon Scroll/Exocore Boxes or Christmas Boxes. I want an excellent clean debate with more facts than opinions. I remember someone posting a list of the items that are in the Christmas Boxes. However, I'm unsure if there's one for Orichalcon boxes.

I like the idea of Orichalcon Scroll/Exocore Boxes because of the creativity behind them. Not only do they include a variety of rare exocores and scrolls but, they also are permanent despite whatever you get (better rates than Christmas Boxes). Also, there's quality control on these boxes, so players aren't gaining rares on a massive scale. You have to use Orichalcon stones, and the cost is quite steep; you can only obtain these stones from events, attendance, and the every-once-and-a-while RE scrolls.

On the other hand, if we focus too much on Orichalcon Boxes, they will most likely be harder to obtain and be made into the next "Event Box." The Christmas Boxes do make a lot of rare scrolls, and exocores accessible to players yet, like any MMORPG, the "price gauge" (what a lot of MMORPGs use to make it so that users have to spend a set amount to gain a premium item) I'd say is about $75-$100. You may get something like Abyss BF LE if you pay a mere $50, but another $25-$50 may have gotten you Alkane or Yellow Dragon. I don't know the exact rates for these boxes (and for someone to see, they'd have to spend an abundance of money AND get each item at least twice for calculation). However, I do know that waiting a few days, participating in events, etc. is a hell of a lot cheaper than spending $100s of dollars on items you may or may not get.

The Christmas Boxes are without a doubt RedFox's biggest money maker retaining to boxes, however, if we stop buying them in abundance as we, most likely, already so -- they'd probably find some other big spender and make it yearly.

You could argue that the Black Friday boxes are RedFox's biggest spender, however, most of the items are in different boxes. Not only that but the Marang boxes are a gamble, as you'd have to guess whether they'd open the boss map so you'd be able to gain the materials to unlock your locked scroll and exocore. A lot of players, in my opinion, would rather spend their money on quick results rather than have to wait for something that could happen. Another interesting statistic to bring up is how long each event stays up -- that could give you an idea on the earnings RedFox is getting via the events. I remember specifically last year the Black Friday box event went longer than expected, and that's probably because of the abundance of new BF LE scrolls. But then again, they could be prolonging the event to get some data on if the players are interested in buying the boxes.

If they do continue this "box" trend, I'd to see them implement a rune or item that increases your chances with opening boxes. The rune/item could, however, be a double-edged sword. Like I stated before we have no clue as to what the exact rates are for the boxes. Meaning they could say an item will give us a 10% increase rate of a permanent item but, would it work?

While RedFox is doing a lot better with its events and moderation of the forums -- the question remains as to the moral issue of "Can we trust them to give the players an adequate gameplay experience?"

* This is also a survey for RedFox to see which is more popular: Orichalcon Boxes or Christmas Boxes so they can make new events accordingly. Please answer the poll sincerely as a result. If you do answer the poll, give a brief explanation why. Thanks a lot!

** Thank you Starberry for the list of boxed items, use this as a reference guys!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    doston8 likes this.
  2. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

orichalcon box > Xmas box only Cuz it has what I want but guaranteed perm nomsayin faktz?

3. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

The poll says Chrsitmas boxes twice, the event you linked is rewarding Orichalcon stones not boxes. My opinion on that event is that its a repeated event since OGP intended to reward activity, although in reality whats happening is the activity thats being generating is just more people playing on their alts. My take on that is... it's not a bad event but recycling old events makes me feel like whomever is in charge of selecting what happens and when doesn't care enough to keep it fresh.

Whats more valuable a Christmas box or Orichalcon scroll/Exo? Uh it all depends on if i'm doing it on my main, i'd rather a Christmas box because I'm bound to get a double scroll/exo before I get one of the rares in the Orichalcon box. The Christmas box has more rares so even though theres timed stuff i'd rather gamble in this situation. WHEN IT COMES TO WHICH I'D RATHER SPEND MONEY ON? Y'ALL BETTER GET THEM TERRIBLE ASS BOXED TIMED ITEMSHOP SCROLL ASS BOXES OUT MY FACE IF YOU THINK IM SPENDING MONEY TO GET VOLT 30 DAYS. Lost ya gotdamn mind.

doston8 likes this.
  4. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

The original spreadsheet that I created had the Christmas Box contents, but I have started expanding it to include box contents from various other boxes as well. For Orichalcon Scroll/Exocore Box contents, it is in my spreadsheet now, under the "Event" tab.

[GM]Toast had the link provided on the maintenance thread, but it was removed for whatever reason so I'll provide it here :

Click me

Maomi likes this.
  5. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Holy crap your a saint.

6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I literally have no idea what the f**k is Orichalcon Scroll and Exocore boxes.

@Starberry help me af? I am catch up da new gen stuff from da old gen stuff af.

7. Starberry

[​IMG]

The ticket is purchasable in the Medal Shop for 10 Medals. To swap the ticket for the box, you will need 15 Orichalcons.

HumoLoco likes this.
  8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

What are they inside?

9. Starberry

You can view the contents in the link listed above on my previous post.

10. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

So orichhalcon give any boxes?

11. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

No, they offer items — not boxes.

12. Starberry

Sorry for the late response.

They give permanent skill items, not boxes. Once again - if you want to look at the contents, it's in the link above.

HumoLoco likes this.
  13. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Orichalcon Boxes are better since they only give permanent items and are available in a much more free-to-play friendly manner.

HumoLoco likes this.
  14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

ooo so they give permanent from the shop da scrolls and exocores?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.