Discord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KingSann, Mar 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingSann

KingSann New Member

So I made a thread before about the RF discord and its approval process.

They went from having a bot add you in game to now a bot requires access to your discord account?
    I'll be sending in a ticket because this is sus, NO OTHER GAME HAS THIS BOUNDARY on their discord, this game is dead asf, why r u holding people from joining the discord.

Why do you need access to somebody discord account through a bot that one of the RF players made? that is sus and not acceptable at all.

CA star needs to be fired, this behavior is literally the definition of sus, the bot does nothing to verify the person plays the game and it shouldn't, the LoL DISCORD doesnt care if u play the game, u can still join the discord... same goes for any other major game.

This bot made by star or whoever is sus and I'll be reporting/sending in a ticket. I think anybody who values this game and want to see the community grow stronger thru discord should in fact do the same.

2. KingSann

KingSann New Member

3. dodobird123

dodobird123 Well-Known Member

you care this much about a dead game's discord server?

4. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hello again.

As with any verification bot, it utilizes OAuth2 from the Discord API. This will only allow us to obtain the following information about your Discord account:
    • Username (ex: Test#0001)
    • Avatar (Your Discord Profile Picture)
    • Discord Banner (your customizable profile banner)
    That's it. I'm also going to clarify here that this does not require any person to play the game, which we no longer do.

In no way are we obtaining access to your Discord whatsoever, and is only done to ensure that you are not of the following:
    • Not a bot (this acts as captcha verification)
    • Not utilizing VPN/Proxy to bypass bans from the server
    You can read more about Discord's OAuth2 in the documentation here: https://discord.com/developers/docs/topics/oauth2

5. KingSann

KingSann New Member

There are simpler ways to make sure somebody isnt a bot and there is no way I could know that a bot you created is completely safe and even discord warns(takes people to take caution) in their TOS.

Again no game discord uses a bot to gain access to ANY part of ur discord when there are built in ways with a server to prevent bots etc. you are really pushing the discord further and further away, its like the more advice people give, they more you run the opposite direction.

dodobird123 likes this.
  6. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

The bot is actually not made by myself and it's being piggybacked off the host that the developer uses. If you are in fact concerned, you can remove the bot after verification in your Discord settings under the "Authorized Apps" tab afterwards and it would not affect your ability to access the Discord.

I will conclude by saying that mostly all bots request for access to your Discord in some shape or form, whether it's when logging into the bot's dashboard or adding a bot to your own Discord server.

We although thank you for your feedback.

7. NotBJJ

NotBJJ New Member

You never accepted me into the discord in the old version. Thank god you reworked it though ahaha

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.