[Discussion]Player Profile Prizes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exocore, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who should receive the 500RC + Forum Title?

1. The first nominator of the winner

2. Whoever the winner chooses

3. Whoever had the best nomination speech

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

I created a separate thread to prevent derailing the official event thread and to bring it to light.

Thoughts?

There's the possibility of players taking a swing at who they believe is the most popular player. They wouldn't necessarily need to be friends with them or actually fancy them as a person in order to win the prize. I believe a fair opposition would be to allow the winner to choose who they'd like to give the prize to.

As for other participating nominators, they deserve something. Not just the one nominator. On OGPlanet, about 10 random players who congratulated the winner won an item (usually rare) that the winner was really fond of. On GamesCampus, about 10 random players who commented their names as entry to the Player Profile event were chosen to win a prize. This should be done here to boost the event's activity and sportsmanship.

2. Stimulus

Stimulus Well-Known Member

Duh people are taking advantage. Why you think everyone going for Yusuke? Theirs a good chance he'll win. People are gunna go the easiest choice

ToulueVang, Chaoz and RigamortisJr like this.
  3. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

Nice thread!

It's not a popularity contest, I can guarantee you that. Also, participating nominators... I don't want people basically making "bets" on who wins. If they only get to nominate one person, it'll cause people to want to nominate who they think will win, as opposed to who they want to win (for some it's the same person, for others it's different). So we don't really want people making empty nominations for chances of getting the prize. : /

The 10 random player prizes isn't part of this actual event. I was planning on doing this, but listing it now would seem out of place you know. We'll just list the "viewer/reader" prize later, if that makes sense.

HumoLoco, Shana, RigamortisJr and 3 others like this.
  4. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

I know who I would choose if I won c:

Fraud likes this.
  5. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Nah I doubt Gourdy will pick me lol. It's not based on the amount of nominations anyways. Only the first person who nominated you will be taken into consideration.

Fraud, Flamekiller and Myrus like this.
  6. Myrus

Myrus Well-Known Member

If any of the people that live on forums win. I'll feel some type of way but.. Um

SoarRF likes this.
  7. BackWet

BackWet New Member

Most bans,warnings and flags? I should get that one

8. akai99

akai99 Well-Known Member

My thoughts are I ain't got no forum friends qq.
    But seriously this contest is based how good you are at English and what i mean by that is giving a well constructed reason on your personal favorite friends on the forums (which i don't have qq).
    That or simple and sweet a thought is good enough gg.

9. [GM]Gourdy

If you nominate a non-forum-frequent player, just have them check in from time to time.

10. akai99

akai99 Well-Known Member

For e.g this:
    or this:

Myrus likes this.
  11. Stimulus

You most likely will win. You live on the forums and you has lots of admirables.

ToulueVang likes this.
  12. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Plenty of haters too though. That's why they keep reporting my threads and comments as spam LMAO.

Fraud likes this.
  13. LegendaryJin

LegendaryJin Well-Known Member

I doubt my post will get chosen now that I pissedgourdy off with my question

Yusuke likes this.
  14. Stimulus

I have a question. if the 1st nomination is terrible but the 2nd one is beautifully crafted. Will you look at the 2nd one?

15. [GM]Gourdy

That's a good point. We'll think about it and update rules as necessary.

Shana likes this.
  16. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

@Stimulus What I'm highlighting in this thread is the fact the prizes go to a player and their first nominator. People going for the "easiest choice" is not the topic of dicussion. As I said above, I don't believe in the "first nominator" prize. I believe it should go to either a nominator who really goes out their way to explain why the person they are nominating deserves the W.

@Yusuke I don't believe only the first nomination should matter. I don't believe all nominations should matter. I believe nominations that go in-depth on the nominee's true colors should be accepted and brought into consideration.

@Myrus I agree. It should be a player who has diversity. There will be more winners in the future, so there will be chances for different types of winners. A forumer can win one, a video maker, a well respected guild master, a player who specializes in a certain map, a very giving player, a vet, a noob… there's chances for everyone.

@akai99 English, you say? Don't discriminate against my mans, HumoLoco…

@[GM]Gourdy Hope you consider implementing the random little gifts in the future. May you comment on my idea of having the 500RC + Forum Title being given to who the winners chooses, or even at this point, who has the best nomination that (possibily) ultimately made you decide on that winner… *breathes* rather than the "first nominator" as you said to Starberry?

Yusuke and Flamekiller like this.
  17. LegendaryJin

Some of these people don't know what 3-5 sentences means. If this was an English assignment they would have failed.

ReiSuzuya and Yusuke like this.
  18. LilPastry

LilPastry Well-Known Member

The people who are nominating Yusuke after the first guy should learn to friggin read

19. LegendaryJin

Nothing was said about multiple nominations in the original post (before edits)

20. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

LOL

Fraud likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.