Heyo, returning player needing some pointers

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Thornz999, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Thornz999

Thornz999 New Member

Hey guys and gals, I'm a returning player from Acclaim days (never made it past CS levels tho, LOL)

I wanna power grind up to some higher end content, just for old times sake. since I never actually beat the game and all. But I have some questions:

1. What clothes sets should I be going for in this version of the game? Like, if I wanna go as fast as possible from scratch, should I be focusing on any specific sets early on? Which levels should I expect to bother upgrading my clothes set, if I am lazy and just wanna speed through my levels asap? Like for example, I could spend effort on a set only to upgrade to a better set right away and basically waste my time.

2. What weapons should I go for? I'm a brand new returning player. so I am broke af. I'm in Datong, 450k to my name. When can i start grinding gold? When can I start grinding a new wep thats better than the Young Dragon wep series?

3. When should I start grinding exp in dungeons? Which dungeons, and when?

4, I see lots of ppl say elixers don't matter now. That being said, How and where can I find the sets of elixirs I need to max out my elixers?

5. Some of my clan actives (I'm BoT) seem to do pretty bad as far as dps. or at least they do less dps than it feels like it should for the VE cost and level reqs. Any tips here?

6. What is the current clothing progression? Like what should be my first set, 2nd set, etc.

7. Can I Plz join a band? I'm mid-FD now, and leveling fast. I obv know the game, I just never got all the way. Come on, this game is hella boring without friends....

2. Lysranthia

Lysranthia New Member

1. The economy is broken for f2p and you will find a certain point when you just need crazy amounts of gold to gear up and play comfortably. I personally don't think you should bother with any gear other than what the game gives you until after you hit second role (quests for that start at SM7 or 9ish?)

2. best weapons at this point that don't cost anything are going to be extreme (death valley and valley of hell) - neither of which you can get unless you find a higher level character you can run the extreme dungeons (um lvl 220ish, you can do it before that with the gear)

3. Dungeons for xp would be GCM, start at FCish and then just keep going and lvl up the passes until like lvl 204? - the transport system tells you the start and end level for most areas (inc dungeons) when you press E. - often you can easy grind on red mobs way above your level though.

4. elixers come from dungeons at all levels mostly, until 7,8,9, 10 those will drop form mobs in KunLun

5. lvl up skills get better, if you are really keen on end content, the best option seems to be going ChiKung. at level 241 mobs get to give 0.003% in some areas and you have to grind in pvp areas to progress.

6. First set other than clan base is ghost sorcerer, but it depends on your choices, CK use AM set which is pretty easy to get your hands on, not sure of the level, never used it myself. - goes up from ghost to dark ghost, and there are heaps in between. IMO there is too much content that is useless and means nothing other than making it difficult to figure out what to get. at the moment Adamantine is the thing everyone wants, and you are looking at 30b for the set.

7. press F11 go to the band tab, click search and find a band that has a decent level and amount of people and request to join.

Good luck with it.

Oh and when you can (maybe now?) start doing map bosses up to the end of LD, only once each but they give you a quest which gives you a good chunk of xp. Most people in the game don't follow the story line or quest other than RTD's. if you get a good group you can just share xp in a high map and be lvl 210 before you know it.