How to get your items into the game.

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by Mikey, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

First step Make a template. For example: "Template.png"
    This is a very very basic template i made. You'll always want to not only describe the item you're making but also help the developers out by making it yourself as it's only right to make it yourself rather then have the developers make it. As it's "Your" item that you want in the game. This is a rough draft of a sketch. This is considered a template. I added animation of the hair. On a 3 dimensional scale. I have the hair item showing rotation an frontal an back poses.(This is not Rumble Fighters Template, This is a indie games template that i use to develope on/for.) From what i know this is how they do there templates.
    [​IMG]
    I'd have to fit my template onto the actual avatar. But heres a tip.

What i'm giving you is a basic start for newbies who want to get there dream items in game. My template is basic pixelated art that's easy to learn. I've included texturing within the actual pictures. Use magnifying glass to see how i textured the hair.

Attached Files:

kidsenpai, Chaoz and NeoChomik like this.
  2. Chaoz

Chaoz Well-Known Member

I dont get how im suppose to edit it, Like I use paint or something

P.s. First time ever doing this.

kidsenpai likes this.
  3. kidsenpai

kidsenpai Active Member

lol i was thinking the same thing @Mikey Mike tell us the codes to this matrix =O

Chaoz likes this.
  4. Chaoz

Chaoz Well-Known Member

Lol i dont think he likes me , idk .

5. kidsenpai

kidsenpai Active Member

lol nah mike is chill, unless you did something to him but i doubt he would make big deal about it though

6. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I don't know how to edit, but you could hire "Shina". He could make you something.

Chaoz likes this.
  7. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay i cut my finger off irl at work so i've been resting.
    It's actually simple to do this but takes a lot of time an concentration an takes some sort of 3D skill to do.
    I'd recommend using photoshop or Gimp, as it has a 3D rendering program that allows you to better utilize templates. I can actually give everyone a more realistic template to use for photoshop but it's different from Gem fighters. I don't have physical access to there templates as i'm not too interested in making items for this game, rather i'd prefer helping the MVP's who are doing what i don't care for doing.

Though with that said i can always ask an old GM or Dev for the templates or i can find them offline. As it's not hard, Normally it's a file rather then just a picture, as it's something that would need to be rendered. As the only files that are showed non rendered=Non animated. Templates are normally some sort of .Gif file or .jpeg etc

Though or you can do as my Template.png is set up as

First make you initial item, then slowly build it in a 3dimensional way.
    You'll have to show it as a animation which means you'll have to circle said item all away around. Don't try to make it look super realistic, as we know what type of game this is an i don't think you or i see any items that are super realistic.

I can actually put a step 1 step 2 picture for this topic so you can better understand what i mean.

8. rfSexy

rfSexy Art Potato & Clean Up Crew

i don't think anyone has ever put that much work into a suggestion (basing this on the suggested items that have been implemented).
    As long as they like the idea or if it's easy to make, the item gets implemented.
    An example would be the bucket hats. Those were straight pictures off of Google/Bleach and those got implemented.

I think the templates are more for if you're picky about how you want it to look in-game or if you have an original set you want implemented.
    Otherwise just a clear image of how the set should be is sufficient (for the lazy people who don't want to translate the outfit onto the template).

Mikey likes this.
  9. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Tbqh this makes it easier for the developers to put it into the game, also making your suggestion/item more likely to be put into the game.

+1 @Chaoz For using my guide for his new set. Looks nice proud.

Chaoz likes this.
  10. Chaoz

Chaoz Well-Known Member

Appreciate it bro , couldn't have did it without your wonderful template you provided

11. poperking

poperking New Member

Nah I couldn't be the only one who noticed he cut his figure off irl:confused: