Legend's CBT Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legend, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Legend

Legend New Member

That's amazing.

So I don't want to say too much, since most stuff will be said by other people already, however, I still have a few notes about my Closed Beta experience..

Since only the Vagabond Role truly interested me in all these years, I once again went for the clanless role.

Sadly, the Basic Wu-Tang Fists, Sword and Lightfoot skills, as well as the Basic Heavenly Demon Fists, Saber and Lightfoot skills, are not available through the starter quests anymore, and can only be obtained by clan members from an NPC in the clanbase - leaving Vagabonds only with the basic vagabond skills, limiting us even more.

When the devs removed the advanced vagabond lightfoot 'Peng You Lightfoot', which was learnable through a tome which dropped in The Cave of The Conqueror and its skill then was replaced with the CC anti-poison buff back at GamersFirst, the devs promised us a replacement of the lost vagabond lightfoot which would be "5% faster", which then turned out to be the basic 'Crusing Along' lightfoot. It sucked big time, but the Vagabonds accepted it - after all, what were we supposed to do? The 'promises' of the devs were never to be taken seriously. Taking now even the basic WT & HD skills and limiting us even more is just simply ridiculous.

We can't even wear 2nd role clothes or use weapons with over 250 skill points properly (since Vagabonds can only maximize each attribute up to 250, and I somehow doubt we're able to now).

How much more do you want to limit us? Why not putting a level cap on Opening Chi 1 to force Vagabonds to join a clan while you're at it?

I might update this post as I see fit, with more thoughts and concerns as my gaming experience goes on.

This topic is for feedback purposes only. Unless it makes sense, I won't be participating in any conversation - especially if it's arguments which had been talked over for hundreds of times in the past - may the statements be true or false.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    ShaKira2008 and Oitza like this.
  2. Oitza

Oitza Active Member

I'm not a vagabond user but your point is strong. yea that's right, it's unfair for ones who choose to play vaga!!!

Legend likes this.
  3. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

See the good side, in PvE, vagabonds are stronger than vanguards/SF war :D
    Anyway, no jokes, I think vagabonds should be able to learn some skills...maybe the Vagabond NPC should sell some skills, and he would talk about how he learned all those skills from the people that he met of the other clans.

Legend and Oitza like this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Active Member

@Legend Please remember that the Vagabond was never developed to be played on hight levels, thats why developers does not focus to mutch on them, it was ment to be a Default Class untill you join a clan, and if you chose to play it beyond this is simply your choice and you have to accept is as it is!

5. Falcon

Falcon Active Member

Well, i guess in the story ... he was aware of the consequences when he made this decision.

6. Frazle

Frazle Member

So you feel it's limiting that a clanless vagabond doesn't get HD or WT skills?
    No offence but those are clan skills, so if you want them join a clan.

7. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

All he want's are the basic skills he has always been able to learn in the past.

DreamStrike and Legend like this.
  8. Frazle

Frazle Member

Reread my post one more time as I don't think I mentioned advanced lightfoot, only mentioned WT and HD skills that vagas can no longer get (all of which were basic skills).

9. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

More than likely, I think GM should just add a few basic skills to his account.

He has only ever played a Vega, he is a bit weird like that.

Zukee, Legend, Spite and 1 other person like this.
  10. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I will drink to that, cheers!

KProphetK and Shyheim like this.
  11. DreamStrike

DreamStrike New Member

I agree with you, Legend.

The basic skills did not do much and in no way would I just go around and ask for clan skills for being a Vagabond.

Losing Peng You Lightfoot was a harsh hit for Vagabonds(didn't have one back there).I have been playing a Vagabond since the second publisher.Starting again from the blue will be hard but the basic skills we always had access to came in handy quite good, especially at lower levels when a bit better damage made a huge difference.

I wouldn't ask for advanced clan skills or so.It just bugs me, not having acces to something I was able to learn and use in the past.

Cheers, everyone!

Legend likes this.
  12. HandSolo

HandSolo Member

I don't think the vagabond role is an actual thing in the game anymore. Just promises from a publisher for a decade ago.

13. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

The Vagabond was never intended to be played and if you wish to play it you cannot be angry or upset because content is limited to you.

raito likes this.
  14. Maxim

Maxim Member

regardless whether people believe that its meant to be played or not, it has always been there, and has always had a minority playing it.
    cant see why they cant have the clan basic skills, not like its an extreme request that's going to make Legend or any other vaga suddenly become some huge OP character now is it.
    Give the man some basic skills. And give him a good LF so he can keep up with everyone, hes a vagabond not a legless creature, make his legs run fast!!

DreamStrike likes this.
  15. Blitzcronk

They must have felt there was a good reason to phase out Vagabonds. It's just a much longer and more grueling grind to do it without a clan. I doubt they'll ever give anything back to Vagabonds.

16. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

This is not any old vagabond, this is Legend, there will be online petitions, and if that fails, riot's!

DreamStrike and Spite like this.
  17. LadyAngel

LadyAngel Member

Vagabonds have been around since the beginning of times and fitting them in into the stories of the land would be easy as has been suggested above. Vagabonds could have learned any kind of Kung Fu from benevolent people they have met on theire travels in the land. I think one should respect the choice of the Vagabonds as this is a much harder journey and they deserve some reward for this difficult road they have chosen. So grant them the lightfoot and basic skills atleast, so that theire journey might become a little less harsh :)

itsthem likes this.
  18. Blitzcronk

Let me know how that goes when you ask JWG to implement something that doesn't give them profit back.

ShaKira2008, itsthem and Spite like this.
  19. LadyAngel

LadyAngel Member

I know better then asking JWG for anything hahaha. But atleast we can voice our wishes / needs in this game here and let them know what we feel would improve gameplay for us all.

Vrangsinn likes this.
  20. Blitzcronk

If only we had active developers behind the game we love that actually care about our opinions.

itsthem, Spite, Oitza and 1 other person like this.
  21. LadyAngel

LadyAngel Member

What i have learned in my years of playing is that they mostly start to care when they can make money out of it. All i can do is hope that the developers will wake up and smell the roses. They rely on the community to keep the games going .