Making Tutorial Boss Mode Videos For New RF Players

Discussion in 'Director's Corner' started by Negrosaki, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Negrosaki

Negrosaki Well-Known Member

So i've decided that im going to be making guides for new rumble fighter players w/ BossMode
    This is my first Tutorial Video so i would appreciate if you would give me some feedback on how i could make my tutorial videos better or are they good as they are.

Here is a link down below to the video i made on my channel.

sadpie likes this.
  2. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

As of now (my opinion) this game is not getting any new players in the near future. This game is around for so long and really almost every gamer knows about it (and doesn't like it). I think what we can do (and is possible) to get most of the old players back. I went to many forums and asked about Rumble Fighter and they said they hate it (due to pay to win). Also let's be real, this game hasn't had any inovation within the last 14 years. As long as this game won't get scroll balances and stuff to make it less p2w, people won't play it. Most of us (including myself) play for the passion and the nostalgic feelings but if I were to start RF in this day and age, I would call it a horrible buggy p2w game which is a pure waste of time (and that's exactly what all of the new players think). So in a nutshell, guides are not necessary as of now (IMO).

sorry for the essay.

ataris likes this.
  3. Negrosaki

Negrosaki Well-Known Member

Lol it's ok, i like reading anyway.

But i understand what you are talking about and though the game was not pay to win back then in OGP, now they are making it pay to win with all these new scrolls and exocores and trying to make a cover up by giving new players a Perm Exo / Scroll when they reach a certain level like that is going to help.

Also the community itself needs to change for the better as well with all of the trash talking and negativity this game bring out of people. I've played a lot of MMO games, but Rumble Fighter has got to be the worst community i have ever been in simply because of the arrogant players make other players want to quit and new players who don't even want to play the game anymore due to trash talking.

But in a way, i feel that if i try hard enough i can bring this game alive again just how it was in OGP. But i can't do it alone. People are just going to have to make the effort with me.

ataris likes this.
  4. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

The real question is, what does RF have to make people play it instead of LoL, CS:GO, GTA V, Dota 2 yadayada? It has nothing that tops the other games (if you haven't played RuF from the begin because it really was F2P back then). I mean, see it from a new player. You are excited to try this game out, you complete the tutorial, you enter a room (Free because amateur is dead which is a huge mistake, shoulda lock them till lv 15 or so).

1. You experience ubearable lag
    2. Everyone is up to 9-10 years ahead you
    3. You have no decent items (because the free items you get are not suitable for beginners IMO)
    4. You have to deal with constant bugs
    5. The loading takes forever (if you don't know how it works because the new players tend to chat during "loading players" which makes you stuck in loading for ever.
    6. ...
    7. ...

There is so much more.

So without even having Steam greenlight yet and no noob friendly updates, I can not see the reason for a newcomer to stay and play this game, if I look at it in a neutral way.

So I think the best thing to do as of currently is to focus on the current players (so they don't quit) and the players that might "return". And aaaaafffttter that we should fix most of the bugs which hold new players from staying and THEEEEN finally we can focus on helping the newcomers.

NOTE THIS IS JUST MY OPINION THO.

but makes sense IMO.

ataris and Negrosaki like this.
  5. Masonite

Masonite Active Member

This game is just too outdated and its only really liked from the people who joined in OGP days or (maybe?) early gamescampus days. Seriously, there is a guy with 1 million subscribers and his rumble fighter review only has 12k views. That's really saying something

ataris likes this.
  6. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

My point, this game is very known, like almost every gamer who is around the internet for more than 1 year maybe (?)

But it's as you said man, no one likes Rumble Fighter aside from OGPlanet people and early GC people.

ataris likes this.
  7. PatrickRF

PatrickRF Clean Up Crew, The Spook-King

go back to moon and practice your BU pie

ataris likes this.
  8. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

Never liked BU -.-

ataris likes this.
  9. Mockery

Mockery Well-Known Member

ay dont derail thread with your own malarky
    there are new players every day and even existing players who dont know how to play boss mode
    ive met level 50s who have no idea how to beat some thing simple like dh08

anyway
    for your guides i would break the map into individual parts and analyze how to tackle them without taking too much time and HP

there are tactics that seasoned adventurers know but dont often share (mostly cuz no ones askin) if you point those out then it would be a valuable and insightful resource

also maybe have a list of recommended and or useful things to bring along for certain maps
    all while keeping the mind set of some one who most likely doesnt have much
    there are still things that new players will have access to such as devil shadow and magma destoryer
    maybe teach them how to use those in your videos

then while youre at it why not show them the merits and rewards of continuing into BM
    show sets of armor and blah blah ect

good luck
    dont let nay sayers discourage you
    the road to building our community starts with the person in the mirror

10. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

If you get good at RF you can pretty much dominate any other fighting game like tekken or street fighter

Negrosaki and Manners like this.
  11. Manners

Manners Best Dressed

Tekken is ma pooooooop

12. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

I honestly just expect this game to go the way of Grand Chase. First it was good, then it was okay, then it got moved, and then it was put out to pasture. At this point when it does close down it will probably go the way of private servers.

ataris likes this.
  13. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

Let's hope you are wrong :(

ataris likes this.
  14. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

I think this quote best sums up any old mmo out there.
    [​IMG]

ataris likes this.
  15. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

- I would say that you would want to talk loud to where your voice can be heard clearly.

- Showcase all the boss attacks and how to avoid or block them and the cues to each attack, as the boss is normally the main reason people fail as the don't know how to fight it without v coins.

- Their is no need to comment on changes to the map unless they are changes that will be present in harder modes. ex dark monastery has a player binding trap attack that the boss doesn't do in solo.

- I would probably tone down the language as its for educational purposes and its a game below the mature rating, also you shouldn't state any complaints as they are not needed.

sidenotes: The boss hit you @2:20 because he broke your shell @2:00 which happen because you were too close as your better off blocking when Typhoon starts to **** back his punch.

ataris likes this.
  16. FhatGod

FhatGod New Member

Ahh. Sadly Rumble Fighter will never be the way it was on OGP. Too much time and too many players have played it, leaving a bad taste in their mouth. I am only here because there are fun moments, yet its pretty repetitive. I've been stupid and wasted thousands of dollars on this game. Out of all of the players that spend over 5k dollars on this game, We all know how bad this game is. The community has a lot of adults that act like children and bully others, talk trash, and just be straight annoying. This community is worse than the Call Of Duty community in trash talk, especially from those who PayToWin. Beyond the community never evolving, the actual game hasn't evolved in years. Yea new scrolls are added but they never put in a simple Trading system and we have been asking for that since the game came out. Hacking is real and apparently very easy, Idk I don't hack. I got banned a couple months ago for holding a fake CC Event.. That day I gave out close to 6kCC, which I ended up doing daily. Luckily, I got my account back, I live streamed it to youtube so I had evidence I actually held an event. Someone actually reported me and I got banned because they lost the event and got mad. Out of every online game I have ever played I have never gotten banned until I came to RF. OGP banned my accounts every other week for different excuses. Now how is that even possible when different companies own the same game? Because, it's played by the same people. Not to say everybody is a horrible person, many of RF players are indeed creative and outgoing people. This is one the few games you will guarantee make a couple of friends after 15 minutes of playing. So realizing this I think we need to not only focus on providing the tutorials for actual brand new players. But changing our attitudes within our community, which should be relatively because theres like 100 of us that still play.;)